This extension allows you to dim a website.
changelogs: v1.1 - updated incompatiblity with major sites like: youtube, pinterest, instagram, twitter, facebook. -------------------------------------------- Found sites not compatible? Submit a bug here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/support/fpolgnklaplaakjhefmibfpikoacfacj?hl=en&gl=CA#bug -------------------------------------------- Is your screen still too bright? nyt_mod can help! nyt_mod is a webpage night mode dimmer application. It mimics a brightness setting but only for your browser. INSTRUCTIONS: After installation, click the icon next to the address bar or right click to 'nyt_mod' and choose the brightness level to turn it ON. Click a new tab and start browsing with a dimmed brightness. Tabs that are already open before installation just needs to be refreshed. No need to close the browser. TO ACCESS: 1. You can use the icon next to the address bar and selecting the brightness level or 2. By right-clicking. NOTE: This application is not a bullet-proof setting [almost all websites but not all] and may alter [some of] your regular viewing experience for certain websites. TIP: To maximize this application I suggest downloading a darker theme as well. Follow here: https://plus.google.com/108320221203104839132
- (2018-07-01) Jona K: Perfect Just what I was looking for! A simple website dimmer that dims the entire page and everything on it thank you developer for making this awesome app!
- (2018-02-20) Amila Nuwan: This is the "Actual Best Night Mode" some people call night mode for inverted colors!! Maxthon 5 browser has night mode like this by default!! thanks for the great work.. " I think fewer people know about this..there is why lack of users"
- (2018-01-24) mr kinchen: very good! thank!
- (2017-12-02) Илья Иващенко: нигде
- (2017-11-24) Alex Pro: It doesn't work. Very bad interface. Do not reccomend.
- (2017-04-29) Emil Valiyev: awesome
- (2017-03-24) Karthick Kumar: I works perfectly!
- (2017-02-22) Lauren Joanna: exactly what i needed it to do
- (2017-01-06) Julian: My eyes don't hurt anymore, thanks!
- (2016-12-24) Ronald Montes: It seemed to be the only app of it's kind to actually work. I really like the quick meter gauge thingy.
- (2016-12-06) Arpit Johri: Exactly what i was looking for. Better than "dimmer" on firefox extension store.
- (2016-07-09) Jacob Broderick: Only had it for a few minutes so far. But, it is simple, it's quickly and easily configurable, and it's the only thing like it that I can find that actually works, anymore. Edit: Well, dang it, I have to remove a couple stars. After using it for a few more minutes, I discovered that it completely inverts google searches, making them unreadable while the dimming is on. If it didn't do that, this would be perfect. The effect on the rest of the webpages I've visted has been exactly as desired.
- (2016-06-07) J Presley: After trying a handful, this is the first to work properly. Thank you.
- (2016-05-03) Winner Sultanov: Спасибо разработчику этого расширения для гугле хром , то что искал , классссс!!!!
- (2016-03-13) dea diebold: it works simply and without any tinkering and refreshes
- (2016-02-08) Weenith: Since the latest comments I see are from 2014, I'm very surprised that it works as well as it does. When you first install, you'll have to exit you browser, then it will work always.
- (2016-01-03) b douwd: Only works on the empty tab not on any website. I have the latest chrome.
- (2015-05-05) David Velasco: Genial la extension es la mejor que eh encontrado, veo que ya corrigieron el error de las lineas ... LA MEJOR
- (2014-11-01) swapnil phirke: Amazing for people who like to work in Dark! Must try for sure :)
- (2014-03-06) Vladimir: Отлично, работает, что что нужно. просто и со вкусом.
- (2014-02-11) Michelline Joy: I work from home and am on my laptop 24/7, since coming down with "SEVERE Dry Eye" I have dreaded even having the lid of my laptop open. The only other similar download is f.lux BUT I am temporarily using a chrome book and have not figured out how to download it yet...Moral of the story this app has been a life saver or better yet an Eye Saver! Thank you!
- (2014-02-05) jen bunni: doesnt do anything.
- (2013-12-12) Marcos Gonzalez: Justo lo que necesitaba, gracias. :)
- (2013-08-27) William J Beard: WOW! This is perfect! Just what I was looking for! Thanks!
- (2013-08-17) Abdul Moiz: Cool extension!
- (2018-03-12, v:1.1) Todd King: Google Calendar
nyt_mod is EXACTLY what I need but it doesn't work on Google calendar. It makes the whole page black no matter what level you have it set on. But since someone else mentioned a similar issue with a Google site 2 years ago and the extension hasn't been updated in 5 years, I'm not gonna hold my breath.
- (2017-06-16, v:1.1) Arnob Paul: Google homepage inverts
This site ( google.com ) is inverted while this extension is on.
- (2017-06-03, v:1.1) Camille Bobeau: Does not work
Hi, nothing happens when I turn it on...
- (2016-07-05, v:1.1) Thiago Assunção: colour filter
It would be great to have an extension with similar features as the Android app "Twilight". This would really help those among us who need to work late on their computers, but would still love to have a good night of sleep. Thanks.
- (2016-05-12, v:1.1) extension has problem with google page
Hi, when I turn on nyt_mod extension and visit google search page a part with all google search results is completely black, not only grey scale colored. Please fix it.
- (2014-09-04, v:1.1) Thomas Amore: Email
There is a broad band of green/blue & sometimes black across the bottom of my Yahoo email page with nyt_mod either on or off...Any suggestions? Thanx
- (2014-07-02, v:1.1) Alex Baldwin: doesn't work on AO3
screen goes completely dark on archiveofourown.org no matter what setting
- (2013-10-08, v:1.1) Colleen Frens: Doesn't work on a site
Hi, I need this extension to use the legal research site lexis.com and advance.lexis.com, but it doesn't work. The screen goes completely dark no matter what setting
- (2013-07-26, v:1.1) Saeid H: Doesn't work
It does not work for me anymore, why? :( But it was working until a few days ago. I deleted it and added it again, but not working yet. I'm using Chrome 28
- (2013-02-09, v:1.0) Mauricio R: Not found
In Ubuntu 12.10 64 Chrome 24.0.1312.69