This extension allows you to make the most of your 21:9 monitor and Netflix by extending the source material to fill the screen.
Please note this extension only works for Netflix! It will NOT work for Youtube or any other site So you bought a nice new 21:9 monitor and want to watch some Netflix? Unfortunately you will soon realise that the lovely new surface area you bought specifically for watching movies in their true aspect ratio is completely ruined by black bars and black walls (black space on either side)! This is because the black bars are part of the stream. When you watch something in full screen those bars are there and since the screen is so wide, you end up with black space on either side. Never fear! Black Bars Begone was made to solve this specific issue! Click the button and watch as those black bars disappear, unleashing the full potential of your true cinema display. Note: This is specifically designed for monitors with a 21:9 aspect ratio with source material of that aspect ratio. Other aspect ratios (which don't really have this issue anyway) won't work as intended.
- (2020-01-20) Nhân Lê: Garbage app!
- (2018-10-29) Stuart Greig: doesn't work
- (2018-06-17) Warlocc - Paul T: Doesn't work at all.
- (2018-02-09) Andrew Ferraro: Doesn't work
- (2017-05-28) Andy Pillip: Broken. The icon toggles it's state, but nothing happens to the nextflix video ):
- (2017-04-22) Hax: bra för netflix
- (2016-10-22) Nova Koocher: worked for about a week and then stopped. It was the only one that worked for me
- (2016-07-04) Kristopher Wilkins: This works, but for films or tv programs that are shy of 21:9, it crops some of the picture as well. I would prefer being able to select different levels of fill and stretch.
- (2016-06-15) Kyle Gruber: Does't work in YouTube or Netflix.
- (2016-06-11) Jeremy Scheetz: Gets rid of most of the black bars.. I am using a screen with 2560x1080 resolution and there is still about an inch of black bar on both sides. But still usable and doesn't cut out too much of the top and bottom of the video.
- (2015-07-07) Jasper Blind: Simply doesn't work
- (2015-05-25) Michael Benjamins: When I enable it the video goes black.