Adds background images to Google Calendar
Modify the new Google Calendar UI to include full-page background images.
- (2020-08-17) Brooklyn Harris: I love how easy this is, but no matter what I do it only shows the one picture as a background. I cannot get it to show the rest of the months as I flip through my calendar
- (2019-12-09) James Giotta: Adding the background image is awesome. However, since I am unable to change font color, most images it is hard to read the calendar. I guess I just have to find the right image to allow all text on the calendar to be easily read.
- (2019-10-17) Stephie: I added a gif image of snow falling and it actually works on the background of Google Calendar! I love it! Thank you!
- (2019-08-21) I wanted a way to add a touch of personalization to my Google Calendar, since we are checking it so many times a day at work. I came across Custom Calendar Background. After first downloading, I was pretty confused and didn’t think it was going to work. I didn’t see any change in my Google Calendar. I checked out the “Support” tab from the Custom Calendar Background download page and was sort-of led in the right direction. Someone explained that there would be a new circle button, however, that was not the case for me. After searching for a button, I found a button with no outline that simply said “image”. The way it is set up lets you either choose an image for each month or choose a single image. You cannot upload from your computer however. You have to search and find a photo you like on the web and get an image link and then paste that in. It took me a couple of tries to find one that looked fine. Overall, this tool did improve the look and feel of my calendar. I think it just needs updated documentation and possibly a way to upload from your computer.
- (2019-03-23) Doesn't work.
- (2019-02-06) Mattias: Does anyone know what aspect ratio / resolution I need to add so photos won't blur? I tried to use a hubble photo of the Pleiades, but it just wound up zooming in and cropping it as a blurry photo.
- (2019-01-17) S H: I love it but wish there was a way to not have that haze covering the pic, I want to see my Hubble pic in all its glory.
- (2018-11-07) Michael Smith: Fantastic extension. Really brightens up the bland white background with any picture that you feel is typical of the current month. Thank you for allowing me to adjust my calendar backgrounds to suit the seasons of the year.
- (2018-07-18) Mark Rubensohn: This is wonderful. It has resolved the new Google calendar problem that I could no longer download my background image. Once installed go to any image , Right click, Copy Image Address and Paste it to the current month of your calendar, save and Whala!!!
- (2018-04-21) Lumen Garden: It takes some attempts, but using google photos to get the image URL did the trick. Thanks!
- (2018-03-04) Marianne Tierney: I managed to get it working :) makes my calendar look much nicer and more individual. Thankyou!
- (2018-02-26) Nada Wassef: I love this as well but can someone HELP me make this https://calendar.google.com/calendar/r/ the default that open when i click on Calendar icon through gmail? can this happen? please let me know
- (2018-02-14) Charles Roberts: Doesn't work on Mac OS Chrome. Wish it did because I HATE THIS WHITE BACKGROUND!
- (2018-02-11) Nice Lilas: Excellent et ce serait super d'ajouter d'autres images de fonds d'écran !! Merci 02/2018 super les fonds d'écran mensuels ++++++ Merci !
- (2018-02-10) Cyndi Olvera: DOESNT WORK
- (2018-02-09) Roger H. Charles: This is for those who hate the blurry "new" look of GCal. With the right image, you can get more definition in the display of events. Experiment.
- (2018-02-08) Lauren Rankin: Thank you so much for developing this, I absolutely love it! It did take me a few tries to get it right (user error)—but as it says in the description, I needed to access it through the calendar.google.com/calendar/r/ URL, not my old bookmarked link. Thanks again!
- (2018-02-05) Michelle Attia: Makes the calendar look WAY better! Thanks!
- (2018-02-05) Jonathan Husband: Vastly improves the look of google calendar. Thanks!
- (2018-02-04) Cynthia Mead: Thank you!!!
- (2018-01-05) Catherine Bloomwood: Thank you so much for this!! Was extremely disappointed about losing my background in the update and was so happy to stumble upon this add-on. Might want to suggest it to a few other people as well..https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/calendar/Y4HIiUVNyl8
- (2020-05-31, v:0.5.3) Warren Cottrell: Options
I added the extension, opened calendar and have this picture of a house as a background.....how do I change the background to a solid color, not a picture...
- (2020-04-29, v:0.5.3) Sayli Chavan: personalized background
How to upload image of from laptop to set as calender image ?
- (2020-04-17, v:0.5.3) Linda Schwab: It's not working...
Pictures won't load and now I can't see the times on the calendar. Please help!!
- (2019-12-12, v:0.5.3) Brittany Salt: Sharing Calendar
I have shared the link to the Calendar but they cannot see the image I put on there. Am I doing something wrong?
- (2019-11-07, v:0.5.3) Ryan Devane: Embedded Calendars
Is there a way to get the image to show up on embedded versions of the calendar?
- (2019-05-10, v:0.5.3) Nicolas de CHAMPRIS: Personal images
How to select image from my local HD ? Is it possible ?
- (2018-12-20, v:0.5.2) Dan Steinberg: Times Not Visible
After Google made a recent change to the calendar, I can no longer see the times on the far left of the screen with my custom background enabled. I am sure you are aware of this issue and are working on it, but thought I would send this just in case. Thanks!
- (2018-12-18, v:0.5.2) Calendar Update Problem
Since Calendar has been updated, I can no longer find the circle button that would take me to the extension page. I have had this extension for a while, and when I wanted an update, I couldn't change the image. I uninstalled this extension then readded, with no luck. What is the LINK to the page where I would change the image?
- (2018-09-08, v:0.5.2) Al Swimchick: How to change backgrounds
I'm using your app and have a preselected background image. How do I change the background now? I can't change anything and would like to know how to do this.
- (2018-07-29, v:0.4.0) Mark Cruea: Change image
I can't find instructions on how to choose a specific image. How is that done?
- (2018-03-06, v:0.4.0) Amy Dommett: Having trouble using own picture
I have gone to the settings and used path to jpg on my personal computer (using full path starting with c:\...) but doesn't show up. I tried using url to photos in my google.photos (starting with http:// AND just //photos...)but those don't work either. Any advice on how to customize with personal photos?