Make the web faster, more private, and more secure.
Disconnect lets you visualize and block the invisible websites that track you. Load the pages you go to 44% faster. Stop tracking by thousands of third-party sites. Disconnect was named the best privacy tool by the New York Times (2016), Innovation Award winner for Best Privacy and Security software at South by Southwest (2015), listed as one of the 100 best innovations of the year by Popular Science and one of the 20 best Chrome extensions by Lifehacker. Disconnect is open-source <http://git.io/Do5OtA>, pay-what-you-want software <https://disconnect.me/support>. You can get help on our site <https://disconnect.me/disconnect/help>. Note: Green (or checked) means blocked!
- (2023-08-29) J J: Wow! I can't believe how poorly Disconnect works, it didn't block most ads and banner garbage on Yahoo finance. Can't block manually either. No filters to add. Ublock Origin is the best. This extension should be banned. What a fraud!
- (2023-07-07) E Kw: Unfortunately, Disconnect hasn't been updated in 3 years, and now breaks other extensions using globalPrivacyControl.
- (2023-06-20) Rainbow Warrior Princess: Makes websites like ebay unusable (breaks layout).
- (2023-06-02) Олексій Герасименко: Чому у вас що розширення що додаток для самсунг роками не мають оновлень?Чи ви забили на ці продукти і можна про них забути?🤔🤡
- (2023-04-27) Mr Steal Yo Girl: This doesn't work, it doesn't block anything.
- (2023-04-09) Shadow Cipher: This is a well crafted extension. It was no doubt given a great deal of thought and attention to detail during the planning phase and it was engineered and coded by professionals, or by a professional, one or the other. This is definitely one of the better Chrome extensions that I've used, and I have used a number of them, and I've even made a couple myself. Most extensions do not reach this level however, this is a good one and I highly recommend it.
- (2023-03-06) Anonymous A.: 2023 Update: No longer a useful extension. Breaks vital Facebook and Twitter post features on things like news sites, for instance. "Disconnect's" purpose is to ensure user privacy, not leave you completely in the dark when reading news. This used to be one of my favorite extensions. Unfortunately now that it's gotten in the way of my browsing, I can no longer recommend it. 2/5 stars. _______ Good! Broken on Twitter for some reason though. (4/5 stars)
- (2022-12-22) Agni bz: Hasta el momento espectacular voy a ver mas adelante para los fines que descargue esta extencion!!!
- (2022-11-21) Jon Kelley: Doesn't work for me on any url, cant ask support either that doesn't work?
- (2022-11-08) David Maturana: Honestly my friends you dont need privacy, you need pay the things, wnat yotuube without ads, pay it, is balance, in that sense eveyone wins. Thats the key : ). Well bros, think it
- (2022-07-06) Tucker Sheetz (Spicoli White): Great Ext!!!!!!
- (2022-02-01) Dr. Shreesh K. Pathak: Best and knows its purpose
- (2021-12-02) x x: This app helped me proved att and apple I was not just going crazy and that my phone was hacked. they talked to me like an idot because I was not in IT but they under estimated me being able to learn and catch my hacker. i will always used use this and all my family does now, btw att the read my notes I was an anoying business guy he got rude I replied dude if anyone is to be rude is me I make 2-3 times what you do but be humble and he said well maybe you should take some it classes not knowing at that point i was already in full control off his device. I gave him a scare and got legal on the phone but and got him fired because he didnt want to tell me who he was so I just snaped a screen shootand went from there. this app thous is amazing for beginers and vets and better than lockdown privacy or nextdns.io/
- (2021-10-27) C DMB: É paga. Você só descobre quando baixa e eles pedem pra você "DOAR UM VALOR JUSTO" e aí você pode usar tranquilamente a extensão. Eu doaria, mas achei rude.
- (2021-10-23) Sachithra Udayanga: Great Perform well : )
- (2021-07-03) Евгений Решетников: Это расширение уродует некоторые сайты, например Газета.ру, так что придется его удалить. Вообще не заметно улучшения при использовании этого расширения. Видно потому, что у меня уже стоят некоторые примочки для улучшения, а оно просто делает то же самое.
- (2021-07-01) Ananstracated: Honestly, after reading what this can do. my Host file seems to help. except certain sites. I use adblock, script block, and a host file. never see ads on youtube
- (2021-06-08) Takchawee Little Sky: Did absolutely nothing, blocked nothing. I even tried it solo by disabling all other apps and clearing all cookies (just incase it was conflicting). It (for me) was worthless,Guess that's why it's given away as a free app.
- (2021-05-12) Adrian Sp: Useful extension to have alongside uBlock Origin & others in order to reduce the work it takes to identify and block all scripts. I basically use the free version to block the "social media" scripts & plugins various sites use without doing it manually (as in uMatrix or advanced mode of uBO). I'm subtracting points because it's not very effective entirely on the goals they declare in the description, but it's a useful tool to keep alongside several other tools.
- (2021-04-30) Gil Morris: A must-have for your privacy arsenal when you choose, or need, to use Google Chrome. With the advent of user privacy under attack by a host of parties, and this being at the forefront of word-wide news, our privacy has become even more of a paramount concern for keeping our corporate and personal systems from unwanted and unknown tracking.
- (2021-04-11) sonique88: facebook site not any block
- (2021-02-28) Очень хорошее и полезное расширение. Рекомендую!
- (2021-02-11) Deepali Limaye: best. if it is breaking sites please unblock content. it works.
- (2021-01-05) Khan: This breaks Ebay.co.uk for many users, my ebay kept showing up without any styles until I disabled this plugin for that site, then the site works. Might be acceptable if you could set it to always not block ebay or if there was a whitelist. Also the options button is greyed out.
- (2020-11-29) KYRYLO KOLOMOIETS: In general works fine but incompatible with some sites like ebay.
- (2020-11-21) Nikos Karytianos: It used to be great! Now, half of the internet world gets broken with it and you have to Unblock websites to make them work. I guess that the developers have given it up. There others that do things right anyway.
- (2020-10-14) Mark Fieldhouse: Seems to have been a great extension, however in the last week it has started to effect ebay. The problem is ebay looses it's page formatting, turning it into what looks like a HTML text mode, with some large arrow shaped graphics and picture down the bottom of the page. First spotted this on 10th Oct 2020 on a friends machine and it has now happened on one of my machines. Problem stops when disconnect is removed from Chrome, I added it again and the problems returned. Would be good if you could fix this.
- (2020-10-08) Valentin tin: Ich nutze die Anwendung schon lange, hatte bisher nie Probleme. Seit einigen Tagen hat aber Ebay nicht mehr funktioniert. Ich habe Cookies und Cache gelöscht, leider erfolglos. Danach habe ich die Anwendung (Disconnect) einmal deaktiviert und Ebay hat wieder funktioniert. Jetzt kann Ebay auch wieder mit aktiviertem Disconnect aufgerufen werden.
- (2020-10-03) Charaf Bokhabrine: Cette extension c'est la meilleure elle est pas lourde et très efficace
- (2020-09-24) Matt Knight: It's effective, but does NOT make sites load faster. In fact, it makes my computer as a whole run slower. I suspect this is due to the shift in activity on the internet to being social media and ad driven. So many sites rely on these feature that it can cause a slow down as this extension gets bogged down analyzing requests. Any which way, I saw a significant drop in CPU activity after turning off this extension. I like what it's capable of, but it just can't cut it for some reason.
- (2020-09-20) гагик мартиросян: Спасибо разработчикам! Расширение нужное. Блокирует отслеживающие трекеры и всякий хлам на страницах интернета. Ставлю лайк!
- (2020-09-02) Pira Enxovais: ja tive problemas pra entrar na conta da b2wmarkeplace e fiquei muito tempo tentando achar o que era, e era essa extençao
- (2020-08-14) Currently it won't allow me to load emails in gmail.com, even though I have that site whitelisted, so I had to disable it. 4 stars because I've had it for years and it usually does a great job of blocking trackers
- (2020-07-17) Arshad Mehmood: It's good but breaks twitter! Even if I whitelist twitter it does not load :(
- (2020-03-01) Mathew: its amazing when it works but when i close reopen google chrome it disappears from the top right corner and when i press "manage extensions" it says it is corrupted. then i press the repair button and its all good. this cycle just keeps repeating. need help.
- (2020-02-26) Ernest Karapetyan: https://ad.admitad.com/shuffle/2cea742e1c/
- (2020-01-26) Mikey Manolakas: Good extension, but even some Website I have whitelisted like Twitter are unusable if it's on. This is a pretty big oversight and it has caused some problems on other sights as well.
- (2020-01-07) Stefane Guevremont: Not able to report an issue with Google hangouts: Invalid URL. - https://hangouts.google.com/ - Disconnect blocks audio (speakers) from getting through. It is possible to be heard (microphone works). There is no real way to know that Disconnect is doing this, other than with trial and error. It took me a while to figure it out.
- (2019-12-27) Роман: Незаменимое расширение!
- (2019-12-10) RH R: Works well but I could not use Twitter with it enabled.
- (2019-11-29) Xosé Ml. Garcia Abuin: no puntuo más por no tener opción español
- (2019-11-17) Karolos Karoleiro: Privacy and protection
- (2019-10-26) Ryan C: Won't let me login to Rottentomatoes via Facebook. Removing.
- (2019-10-14) Spare Audi: This extension has somehow installed itself. I had no idea it was even installed until I was troubleshooting the problem that suddenly, not a single website would open until I disabled it. It is pretty ironic and concerning that an extension which is supposedly for privacy and security would install itself without a user's permission or knowledge.
- (2019-09-27) Amit: My favourite browser extension for killing 3 party request and ads
- (2019-09-23) Rômulo Costa: As vezes tenho problemas ao entrar no Twitter mesmo com o site na Whitelist.
- (2019-08-26) Arnold Veber: can't access twitter :(
- (2019-08-10) Gabor Peltzer: Twitter timeline is empty sometimes. If I set disable the disconnect, then posts come back.
- (2019-08-04) Jason: Currently killing twitter in browser on Edge Chromium (beta)
- (2019-07-23) Kobold: Wish it had a dedicated settings page. Either something like AdGuard or AdBlock Plus. I really just like using this for its diagram, however it is impossible to disable the extension blocking feature globally and seems to only work site by site. That way one could view the "light beam" spider web of connections and seem how other extensions are working.
- (2014-04-08, v:5.17.0) Video
Embedded Flash Videos... Installed it onto my Chrome browser and it worked fine. I think Google pushed a Chrome update and I immediately found that it broke embedded Flash videos on sites like CNN, NBCNews.com, etc. It took me time since then to determine that blocking ANY one site from receiving tracking data will break the embedded video. If I want to see video, I have to disable Disconnect.
- (2014-04-06, v:5.17.0) Дмитрий Стобла: Disabling view videos on facebook youtube
When integrating Chromium browser when viewing tapes Facebook disables viewing of videos in the body belt
- (2014-03-31, v:5.17.0) O Noo: Disables 'good' links
E.g. http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/product-and-parts/default.page# Cannot refine product selection on this page when extension is enabled. This problem seems related to links which require Java script, or similar. Whitelist or allow button in browser bar would be helpful.
- (2014-03-31, v:5.17.0) barbara Brandt: I want out of this -- you have ruined my computer
I no longer get video from MSNBC programming or ABC. I need to disconnect you because they always use advertisers and obviously without them I am not allowed in to watch. I have no TV. This is what I have to access information. I tried get out of your site and I cannot. Please tell me now how.
- (2014-03-26, v:5.17.0) Oryx: Not sure if something new or a bug?
When I un-mark the Advertising button (http://i.imgur.com/rnbyUHn.png), it only applies to that one particular site and not entirely everything. I would like that to happen. :>
- (2014-03-21, v:5.17.0) no change, not helping computer
I would like to request my $2.00 refund. There has been no change in our computer since downloading this program. It isn't helping .
- (2014-03-20, v:5.17.0) Bent Stinessen: Problem with other extension
Hello I'm having trouble with Disconnect blocking requests from another extension (TweetDeck) with no way to whitelist the extension. Disabling Disconnect reloading Tweetdeck and enabling Disconnect technically works, but is not a solution. Can you please debug this issue? // Bent
- (2014-03-16, v:5.17.0) Austin Krum: Facebook ads
Facebook ads (the ones along the right column) aren't blocked with Disconnect, but AdBlock blocks them. Please fix. I just installed Disconnect, and would like to continue to use it.
- (2014-03-15, v:5.17.0) Larry Feickert: Embedded Flash Videos...
Installed it onto my Chrome browser just after seeing it on 60 Minutes and it worked okay for a week or two. I think Google pushed a Chrome update in the past week or so and I immediately found that it broke embedded Flash videos on sites like CNN, NBCNews.com, etc. It took me the time since then to determine that blocking ANY one site from receiving tracking data will break the embedded video. Pretty big "miss" on the part of the beta testers in my opinion.
- (2014-03-15, v:5.17.0) XDA-Developers Issue
Hi there, With Disconnect installed, if you go to the homepage of XDA-Developers (i.e. http://forum.xda-developers.com/), if you click 'FORUMS', the link doesn't work, you just remain on the homepage. Uninstalling the extension fixes the issue. Thanks!
- (2014-03-13, v:5.17.0) r w: export setting needed
how can i export the setting for backup?