A homepage you will fall in love with! Notifications, badges, recently closed tabs, quick notes, calendar and more.
This extension replaces your New Tab page with a customized dashboard. Your new beautiful Home will show favorite sites, notifications from various services, quick notes, weather and more. Stay connected with Home. Make it personal. Get inspired. *NEW*: much much much improved speed *NEW*: change search engine *NEW*: hide any element you want (buttons, weather, clock, etc) Notifications and unread badges: - Gmail - Google Calendar - Yahoo! Mail - Outlook (Hotmail) - Facebook messages (see more info below) More features: - Built-in beautiful background gallery - Upload custom background (tile, stretch) - Add favorite sites, arrange them on multiple pages - Notes - Quick Search - Weather, you asked for it :) - Focus mode for clean look - Recently closed tabs - Right-click app menu (options, remove) - Export & Import your apps to a new computer easily -- Sites (Apps) -- Home New Tab Page is a New Tab page replacement extension for Google Chrome. It gives you a productive dashboard that you can use to organize your browsing. Add your favorite websites (called apps) to the new tab grid of icons. You can choose from a built in gallery of apps by searching their names, also you can add any website by entering its url and specifying its icon by a link to the image, or uploading one from your computer. Home also lists your Chrome apps (mostly useful for Chrome OS users) as part of the grid. You can hide these Chrome apps, if you like. Right clicking any icon gives you the ability to open them in a new tab or remove them from the grid. A simply left click opens the icon's website in the current tab. To reorder the application grid, simply drag one icon and move it to its new position. -- Notifications -- A couple services (Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Outlook Mail, Facebook Messages) are checked regularly and if a new notification is found, a red badge will appear at the top right corner of the app's icon. This badge will show the number of unread messages for the given service. Navigating to one of those sites and reading the messages will make the badge go away (or if you only read some of the messages, and leave others unread, the count will update to how many messages are left unread). Please note that it takes some time (several minutes) for the count to update. You can manage the general fetch interval and turn off notifications for each service inside Settings. There is also a Notification panel located on the bottom left corner (Bell icon). Clicking the Notifications icon will open the panel where you can see the 10 latest notifications in detail. These notifications contain a link, which you can use to navigate to the specific source. For example incoming Gmail messages or Facebook messages link to the individual message thread. In order to receive notifications, you have to be logged into those services inside your Chrome browser. You can simply navigate to their website and check if you're logged in. There is a button to Clear all notifications from the panel, if you'd like to keep it clean. -- Quick Notes -- The left toolbar has a Quick Notes icon. Clicking it brings up the panel where you can type in any notes you'd like. You also have the ability to format the notes and paste any HTML formatted text into there. The Quick Notes and Notifications panels can be pinned to the Home dashboard, which makes them always visible and available at a glance. -- Weather -- The left toolbar also has a Weather widget which always shows the current weather. The location is automatically determined using your IP address. You have the ability to change it to any custom location as well. Hovering your mouse over the Weather icon will bring up the Weather panel. Here you can change the units of measurement from Imperial to Metric (F to C, inch to mm, etc.) The panel shows a 5 day forecast as well as a detailed view of today's weather. The humidity, UV level, wind speed and expected rain volume are all listed based on the current conditions. The 5 day forecast also shows nice icons to visualize the weather states like rainy, cloud, partly cloudy, windy, clear etc. To set a custom weather location, you simply click the city name at the top of the panel and enter your desired city name. It'll search the database of locations and you can select the one you'd like. To switch between Custom or Auto weather location, use the Location icon at the top left of the panel. -- Bookmarks -- The left toolbar also has a Bookmarks icon. Clicking it brings up the Bookmarks panel. Your favorite sites will be listed here in a tree view, where you can expand folders to get to individual bookmark items. These bookmarks will have their favicons listed next to the website's name. Hovering over any link will show the url at the top left corner of your browser. Left clicking will navigate to the specific link in the current tab. You have the ability to search your bookmarks by clicking the top Bookmarks title of the panel and entering your search term. -- Focus -- The focus mode icon is located near the bottom of the left toolbar. It switches the look and feel of your Home New Tab to a completely streamlined and clean state. Your clock and date will show in big bold letters at the center of your screen and you have the ability to type in a one-liner daily focus. This focus goal will show for every new tab you open. Your apps are still available from the left toolbar via an Apps icon. But they will no longer clutter your new tab so you can focus on that One important goal for the day! -- Search -- Your Home New Tab Page features a quick and easy search box to navigate to websites that are not listed on your dashboard. The default search partner is Yahoo but you can always change the provider by clicking the icon left to the search box. This will bring up a list of providers to choose from (Google, Bing, Yahoo, Yandex, DuckDuckGo, etc). This extension has search partners to support its development. If you don't wish to use search at all, you can hide the search box inside Settings. Home also has the ability to index your history for quick navigation to visited sites through the search box. After you install the add-on you will be asked if you'd like this feature to be turned on or not. The search box shows suggestions based on what you entered. -- Beautiful Backgrounds -- The very bottom of your left toolbar shows the Backgrounds icon. Clicking this icon will bring up the Backgrounds panel. From here you can select a wallpaper that you like. Home has a built-in gallery for this purpose. The Home daily backgrounds option gives you the ability to receive a wallpaper from the Home team *everyday (it's not guaranteed to be refreshed everyday, but we're doing our best ;). -- Settings -- The most important icon on the left toolbar is the Settings. Here you can set general preferences like Time format, Temperature for weather, how often to check services for notifications and where to open your sites when you left click them on the grid (Current tab, New active tab, New background tab). You can also set a custom wallpaper here from your computer, and set wallpaper effects for a total customization (stretch, tile, fill). Settings also allows you to make a backup from your home settings and apps to a file that you can use to make sure your data never gets lost. You can also bring this file to a new computer, go to settings, hit import, and have your apps and settings ready to go. There is also a daily automatic backup that happens the first time you open your browser on a given day. So in case you did a change you don't know how to undo, simply restore from this Automatic backup the same day. You can set the visibility of almost all elements on your Home new tab inside settings including left toolbar buttons, the date & time, search bar etc. You can also change which notification services you'd like to enabled. All changes made inside Settings are saved automatically. There is no need to hit any save button! -- Help -- You can see the answers to the most Frequently Asked Questions if you click the Help button on the top right of your Home New Tab. Here you can see how to change your wallpaper, how to set Home as your homepage not just your New Tab, how to edit or remove apps, etc. -- Uninstall -- To revert back to the default Google Chrome new tab, simply uninstall this extension visiting the following url: chrome://extensions/?id=ehhkfhegcenpfoanmgfpfhnmdmflkbgk Then disable the extension (top right) or Remove with the link at the bottom of that page. -- Support -- For further support click on the Support tab on this page. Leave a review if you found us useful, your kind words help a lot. facebook.com/homenewtab twitter.com/homenewtab [email protected] created by Blaze twitter.com/gblazex instagram.com/gblazex facebook.com/galambalazs Balázs Galambosi +36 1 798 8856 Hungary, 1074 Budapest, Dohány utca 84
- (2020-04-15) lindsey marshall: I wanted to like this extension. It lacks many popular sites that I had to add manually and I just learned that ccleaner will wipe out any custom images. I'm not going to add back the images each week, moving on to the next extension...
- (2020-04-15) duc pham: Rất đẹp, giao diện đơn giản mà đầy đủ
- (2020-04-13) Areyan Taiyeb: New version of New Tab, and it looks great, with HTC Clock.
- (2020-04-13) Zach Radziewicz: Please add an option where I can make the pages on my home screen smaller, they take up all the screen and the background is covered. I know I can remove them but just want them smaller. Otherwise it is freshhhh
- (2020-04-11) Ειρηνη Βμκ: Ειναι παρα πολυ ωραιο! Εχει τα παντα! Ειναι ακριβως αυτο που εψαχνα!
- (2020-04-11) Scott Dennis: Since this jerk updated his app, it is not working as good. he removed some features of it. forcing us to be his pawn. please if you have this extension from your pc. he is using it as a backdoor to your computer, hence google removed it a few months ago. he released it again with a new uuid. i will never trust this jerk again. so bad i loved the extension. i just can't trust the guy making the extension anymore. i wanted gmail notifications, this jerk removed them, forcing us to use garbage such as booking.com which is bundled as adware.
- (2020-04-11) Simple: Would highly recommend to try out Overall it has a lot of customization e.g. -Removable middle search bar - Any background picture -Time
- (2020-04-10) Chuyan Fang: Nice extension with beautiful layouts and useful function
- (2020-04-07) Noan Dued: For an extension with so many options it's amazing how it can miss the most obvious ones... Like lacking the ability to manually rearrange and pin your tabs wherever you want them on the screen... Because what is the point of having an amazing background if your tabs are going to block most of it?_?
- (2020-04-07) Craig Robertson: Really makes my homepage look better. Plus everything I need to keep informed and laid out neatly is there!! Just like my phone screen really!!
- (2020-04-07) Saju Miah: Nice app .
- (2020-04-06) Tin Vu: 10/10
- (2020-04-05) rs sowmiyan: Love it❤❤
- (2020-04-05) Fanchao meng: 很漂亮，常用网站直接点击，也非常方便。功能多，却不臃肿
- (2020-04-02) Snowie Moon: It is a nice plugin, except i wish I could customize the notes colour text because its hard to read in black on grey.
- (2020-03-31) 딸기야: 와우 제가 바라던 기능이 다 있네여 감사함니다 필★수 무적권 설치하세여
- (2020-03-26) Mike: This is a great use of the New Tab page!!! I'm struggling to use the Quick Notes. It seems that when I enlarge the note by clicking on the "Pin It" icon in top center of the note, the note enlarges to about 1/3 left side of my screen, which is great, but it becomes translucent, and I can read the text anymore. Is there any way to make adjustments to the note background and text? The GMAIL AND GOOGLE CALENDAR integration is SO INTUITIVE. Still exploring. Keep up the great work on this awesome tool!!!!
- (2020-03-26) Paul Oeuvre Art: A very useful app, with notes, quick links, weather, nice pictures... and it's fast and free. What more would you need? Thumbs up!!!
- (2020-03-26) Thạch Bùi Ngọc: Quá được :)
- (2020-03-25) Ahmed Hafez: Love it so much... But it will be better if I can make folders. Another thing, I can not add a link to a local file! starting with: (file:///)!!!!!
- (2020-03-25) Donna Watson: I would like for it to update the number of Gmails showing on the desktop. It is stuck at 13 in my inbox and doesn't change even though I deleted the new emails it doesn't change.
- (2020-03-24) MOHAMED AL_FAHD: روعة جامد اوى thank you
- (2020-03-19) Kevin Pillay: I am white.
- (2020-03-16) Woman of Spirit: Amazing! Best I ever had. 👌
- (2020-03-16) Edwin Barton: While I like the overall functionality there are a couple of options I feel it needs to make available to users, first and foremost the ability to change the search engine it uses! This is an absolute must since it defaults to using Yahoo for some reason despite the fact that I hate the Yahoo search engine and as such have my Google Chrome search engine set to use Google (gee imagine that, a Google product using Google's search engine, novel concept huh?). Secondly I much prefer being able to vertically scroll through my bookmarks instead of horizontal scrolling (I'm on a desktop system without a touch screen, now if I were on a tablet or phone with a touch screen I *might* be ok with horizontal scrolling, but I'm not).
- (2020-05-18, v:126.96.36.199) charity fodor: incorrect weather
my weather on my detop is not at all correct so please fix this?
- (2020-05-15, v:188.8.131.52) charity fodor: new email account access
i have constantly been locked out of my new email saying it was used by someone and that someone is me. help me transfer my emails from my old to my new email box.
- (2020-05-09, v:184.108.40.206) charity fodor: issues
i still have been unable to get the accurate weather forcast and i lost me email contacts and i have also not been able to reply to any of my messages either fix this.,also my google hangouts live video chat still isnt working.
- (2020-05-08, v:220.127.116.11) Ray King: Dark Fade-in Animation
I am using chrome in dark mode and the new tab always fade in from pure white. That's a little dazzling. Hope you can make the fade-in color changeable, or simply add black.
- (2020-05-05, v:18.104.22.168) Dj Allan Xp: Search Bar
It's there anyway to change the Search bar to Google? or any other Search engine?
- (2020-05-01, v:22.214.171.124) John Grasska: BOOKMARK BUTTON
I AM CHANGING BROWSERS FROM BRAVE TO G/CHROME. I HAVE LOST THE BOOK MARK BUTTON. THE (OTHER BOOKMARKS BUTTON) IS THERE. I HAVE TRIED REINSTALLING.
- (2020-04-30, v:126.96.36.199) charity fodor: lost
I HAVE LOST ALL MY APPS ,MYDESTOP PERSONAL BACKGROUND AND SIMPLY TRIED TO TRANSFER MY EMAILS AND CONTACTS AND HAVE NO IDEA THEY DISAPEARED. HELP
- (2020-04-29, v:188.8.131.52) Charles Bonia: When browser is launched
Is there a way to set my browser to open to (Home - New Tab Page) instead of the last web page visited?
- (2020-04-26, v:184.108.40.206) Toby Lang: Dark Mode
When dark mode in on, the text does not show up in the search bar or the suggestion list because the text is the same color as the background.
- (2020-04-25, v:220.127.116.11) Walter Smith: How can I add apps?
I want to add apps.
- (2020-04-23, v:18.104.22.168) Gary Wills: Switch between screens of links
I've been clicking the tiny dots in the middle of the screen. Suggestion: What about using the mouse wheel?
- (2020-04-23, v:22.214.171.124) Rich Shadrin: Search engine reverts to Yahoo instead of Google
Google is the only search engine I have listed in Chrome. In the Chrome bar Google comes up. If I incite a search in the app it calls up Yahoo. That much change immediately.
- (2020-04-22, v:126.96.36.199) David Wright: How To Use This Extension With Vivaldi Browser
Hi, I've added this extension to the vivaldi browser like I've done in the past to different chromium based browser's, normally that's all you have to do because the home new tab extension automatically becomes your home page. But that's not so when using it with vivaldi browser. If I had an actual url that I could add to the home page setting that would probably correct my issue. I feel like there has to be some way to do that.
- (2020-04-18, v:188.8.131.52) Don Shelley: size of icons
How do I change the size of the icons?
- (2020-04-17, v:184.108.40.206) Data scientist: Does you plan to open source the code or not.
Are you planing to open source the code on GitHub so every can work and improve. I relay love the extension. Few small games should also be included.
- (2020-04-14, v:220.127.116.11) Bliss Vi: Could you please make a dark mode/disable the refresh transition from white to background?
Great extension helped me get rid of the dots rotating on new tab when there was a daily doodle, which was driving me nuts. But as a darkmode browser, could you please make a setting to disable the white transition before the page loads? Would be perfect!
- (2020-04-14, v:18.104.22.168) Don Shelley: change search engine
Can I change my search engine?
- (2020-04-14, v:22.214.171.124) Alberto Cañas: Not access to my login account
Not access to my login account
- (2020-04-13, v:126.96.36.199) nguyễn tuấn: Add slideshow features
Can you add the slideshow features like windows background? It change another picture in a several time. I'm so grateful if you add it :D (thanks for your extension, it help me a lot)
- (2020-04-11, v:188.8.131.52) Scott Dennis: your update sucks
since you updated your homepage tab, it will not show the gmail.com icon. I wish you rejects would stop making updates that break a good program. due to this i am removing your extension and will leave a bad review. its no wonder google removed your extension at one time. and you need removed again. i will report you. you don't even answer people when we ask for help or have a problem.
- (2020-04-10, v:184.108.40.206) 지형구: Can't I expand the language?
I also want to apply for Korean. one more! I would also like to be able to register a shortcut to the Windows software.
- (2020-04-04, v:220.127.116.11) Woman of Spirit: Would like New Tab Page to keep changes I make in memory for next session
I use Google Chrome browser on a Windows 10 laptop, which I reboot every few days. Would like ability of New Tab Page to remember changes I've made from previous session, e.g., the icons for websites I've added and also not restoring icons I've removed. Would be willing to pay a one-time fee for those changes to remain after I make them. Thanks for this well thought out extension.
- (2020-03-29, v:18.104.22.168) Scott Dennis: gmail is missing
I am missing the gmail icon. I have it on my desktop, not on my laptop. where did it go.
- (2020-03-26, v:22.214.171.124) Mike: Pinned Note
When I pin the note and make it large format (most of left 1/3 of screen), the note becomes translucent (so I can still see the nice wallpaper image, I guess?) and the text color within the note is dark gray or black, so that I cannot read the text over the dark background. Is there any chance you can update the text font to white? or a white/black option? or give the option to set the note background color manually? Thanks! I searched for "New Tab Note" in Chrome Extension store to find this, and I absolutely love the extra features that I never knew I needed, like Google Calender integration, GMAIL link, time and weather. This is great work!
- (2020-03-19, v:126.96.36.199) Roger Munnell: I can't get to my homepage. Folders
After checking my e-mail, I can't seem to get back to my home page with the folders.