A homepage you will fall in love with! Notifications, badges, recently closed tabs, quick notes, calendar and more.
This extension replaces your New Tab page with a customized dashboard. Your new beautiful Home will show favorite sites, notifications from various services, quick notes, weather and more. Stay connected with Home. Make it personal. Get inspired. *NEW*: much much much improved speed *NEW*: change search engine *NEW*: hide any element you want (buttons, weather, clock, etc) Notifications and unread badges: - Gmail - Google Calendar - Yahoo! Mail - Outlook (Hotmail) - Facebook messages (see more info below) More features: - Built-in beautiful background gallery - Upload custom background (tile, stretch) - Add favorite sites, arrange them on multiple pages - Notes - Quick Search - Weather, you asked for it :) - Focus mode for clean look - Recently closed tabs - Right-click app menu (options, remove) - Export & Import your apps to a new computer easily -- Sites (Apps) -- Home New Tab Page is a New Tab page replacement extension for Google Chrome. It gives you a productive dashboard that you can use to organize your browsing. Add your favorite websites (called apps) to the new tab grid of icons. You can choose from a built in gallery of apps by searching their names, also you can add any website by entering its url and specifying its icon by a link to the image, or uploading one from your computer. Home also lists your Chrome apps (mostly useful for Chrome OS users) as part of the grid. You can hide these Chrome apps, if you like. Right clicking any icon gives you the ability to open them in a new tab or remove them from the grid. A simply left click opens the icon's website in the current tab. To reorder the application grid, simply drag one icon and move it to its new position. -- Notifications -- A couple services (Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Outlook Mail, Facebook Messages) are checked regularly and if a new notification is found, a red badge will appear at the top right corner of the app's icon. This badge will show the number of unread messages for the given service. Navigating to one of those sites and reading the messages will make the badge go away (or if you only read some of the messages, and leave others unread, the count will update to how many messages are left unread). Please note that it takes some time (several minutes) for the count to update. You can manage the general fetch interval and turn off notifications for each service inside Settings. There is also a Notification panel located on the bottom left corner (Bell icon). Clicking the Notifications icon will open the panel where you can see the 10 latest notifications in detail. These notifications contain a link, which you can use to navigate to the specific source. For example incoming Gmail messages or Facebook messages link to the individual message thread. In order to receive notifications, you have to be logged into those services inside your Chrome browser. You can simply navigate to their website and check if you're logged in. There is a button to Clear all notifications from the panel, if you'd like to keep it clean. -- Quick Notes -- The left toolbar has a Quick Notes icon. Clicking it brings up the panel where you can type in any notes you'd like. You also have the ability to format the notes and paste any HTML formatted text into there. The Quick Notes and Notifications panels can be pinned to the Home dashboard, which makes them always visible and available at a glance. -- Weather -- The left toolbar also has a Weather widget which always shows the current weather. The location is automatically determined using your IP address. You have the ability to change it to any custom location as well. Hovering your mouse over the Weather icon will bring up the Weather panel. Here you can change the units of measurement from Imperial to Metric (F to C, inch to mm, etc.) The panel shows a 5 day forecast as well as a detailed view of today's weather. The humidity, UV level, wind speed and expected rain volume are all listed based on the current conditions. The 5 day forecast also shows nice icons to visualize the weather states like rainy, cloud, partly cloudy, windy, clear etc. To set a custom weather location, you simply click the city name at the top of the panel and enter your desired city name. It'll search the database of locations and you can select the one you'd like. To switch between Custom or Auto weather location, use the Location icon at the top left of the panel. -- Bookmarks -- The left toolbar also has a Bookmarks icon. Clicking it brings up the Bookmarks panel. Your favorite sites will be listed here in a tree view, where you can expand folders to get to individual bookmark items. These bookmarks will have their favicons listed next to the website's name. Hovering over any link will show the url at the top left corner of your browser. Left clicking will navigate to the specific link in the current tab. You have the ability to search your bookmarks by clicking the top Bookmarks title of the panel and entering your search term. -- Focus -- The focus mode icon is located near the bottom of the left toolbar. It switches the look and feel of your Home New Tab to a completely streamlined and clean state. Your clock and date will show in big bold letters at the center of your screen and you have the ability to type in a one-liner daily focus. This focus goal will show for every new tab you open. Your apps are still available from the left toolbar via an Apps icon. But they will no longer clutter your new tab so you can focus on that One important goal for the day! -- Search -- Your Home New Tab Page features a quick and easy search box to navigate to websites that are not listed on your dashboard. The default search partner is Yahoo but you can always change the provider by clicking the icon left to the search box. This will bring up a list of providers to choose from (Google, Bing, Yahoo, Yandex, DuckDuckGo, etc). This extension has search partners to support its development. If you don't wish to use search at all, you can hide the search box inside Settings. Home also has the ability to index your history for quick navigation to visited sites through the search box. After you install the add-on you will be asked if you'd like this feature to be turned on or not. The search box shows suggestions based on what you entered. -- Beautiful Backgrounds -- The very bottom of your left toolbar shows the Backgrounds icon. Clicking this icon will bring up the Backgrounds panel. From here you can select a wallpaper that you like. Home has a built-in gallery for this purpose. The Home daily backgrounds option gives you the ability to receive a wallpaper from the Home team *everyday (it's not guaranteed to be refreshed everyday, but we're doing our best ;). -- Settings -- The most important icon on the left toolbar is the Settings. Here you can set general preferences like Time format, Temperature for weather, how often to check services for notifications and where to open your sites when you left click them on the grid (Current tab, New active tab, New background tab). You can also set a custom wallpaper here from your computer, and set wallpaper effects for a total customization (stretch, tile, fill). Settings also allows you to make a backup from your home settings and apps to a file that you can use to make sure your data never gets lost. You can also bring this file to a new computer, go to settings, hit import, and have your apps and settings ready to go. There is also a daily automatic backup that happens the first time you open your browser on a given day. So in case you did a change you don't know how to undo, simply restore from this Automatic backup the same day. You can set the visibility of almost all elements on your Home new tab inside settings including left toolbar buttons, the date & time, search bar etc. You can also change which notification services you'd like to enabled. All changes made inside Settings are saved automatically. There is no need to hit any save button! -- Help -- You can see the answers to the most Frequently Asked Questions if you click the Help button on the top right of your Home New Tab. Here you can see how to change your wallpaper, how to set Home as your homepage not just your New Tab, how to edit or remove apps, etc. -- Uninstall -- To revert back to the default Google Chrome new tab, simply uninstall this extension visiting the following url: chrome://extensions/?id=ehhkfhegcenpfoanmgfpfhnmdmflkbgk Then disable the extension (top right) or Remove with the link at the bottom of that page. -- Support -- For further support click on the Support tab on this page. Leave a review if you found us useful, your kind words help a lot. facebook.com/homenewtab twitter.com/homenewtab [email protected] created by Blaze twitter.com/gblazex instagram.com/gblazex facebook.com/galambalazs Balázs Galambosi +36 1 798 8856 Hungary, 1074 Budapest, Dohány utca 84
- (2020-01-21) Akhmad Fauzi: mantap lah... suka banget
- (2020-01-20) thugglass: its just nice to look at
- (2020-01-19) Norman Buffong: Top-class app extension, but lacking the following: Yes, most one-person app developers are super busy; yet a timely reply to user questions or suggestions would be nice. The list of search settings should include an option to replace one with an user's preference e.g. StartPage. I'd rate this app extension 5 if those 2 issues are resolved. Thanks for an epic extension!
- (2020-01-15) A7MED- A7: ناااايص
- (2020-01-15) Barnabas2009 Gamer: Király :)
- (2020-01-15) ben main: lit
- (2020-01-12) Bilal Chaudhry: Amazing and so useful
- (2020-01-11) Rethan 2213: Pretty noice pretty noice
- (2020-01-08) Don M. Hokanson: Great launcher/home page for chrome books. Especially useful to configure for older or less-tech savvy people. Once configured with frequent sites or apps, it makes a Chromebook approachable and non-threatening. My favorite Chrome Extension!
- (2020-01-07) Sebastian Ferri: It will be awesome if you add an opened tabs list button on home page, because I use chrome in full screen mode. Thank you.
- (2020-01-07) Arslan Ahmed: amazing
- (2020-01-05) Mark T. Beaumont: I really like the customization of this extension! However, when I set my own back round, it doesn't save it and it reverts back to a previous one when I reopen it.
- (2020-01-03) HBA Productions: I loved this extension and it has helped me in general I would suggest that when you type in a URL, you should make it go to google instead of yahoo because google is used by most people and yahoo is out dated and difficult to use in daily uses but beside that this app is very good and has helped me in a few ways
- (2020-01-03) rewand nasih: better of best
- (2020-01-02) Ricky Sahu: It is a good extension. For its future update I would like something through which I can better re position the back ground pictures I want to upload. Thanks in advance
- (2019-12-30) mariogamers3228: BEST NEW TAB EVER! I WILL KEEP THIS NEW TAB FOREVER
- (2019-12-30) Dj- Kiran: Still needs some features, but much better than the default Chrome home page. A couple of things I'd like to see are custom tiles for news feeds, The ability to move the tiles where I want. The ability to resize the custom apps. The ability to restore them without updating and importing the json file. The ability to always show the date and not just when hovering over the time. Events also seem to show things claiming that they are for tomorrow but in reality are 2 days away.....honestly, I'm not complaining, just making suggestions.
- (2019-12-30) 手機弟CP: 超級棒
- (2019-12-30) hesham kojan: thaaaaaaaaaaaaanks a lot
- (2019-12-28) Vladislav Polonchuk: It`s perfect! Very beautiful, conveniently customizable. Simple and nothing more.
- (2019-12-28) Huat Banko: i like it
- (2019-12-24) wade webb: it can add all my favorite apps! I just love it better!
- (2019-12-17) Andrew Poberezhniy: Отличное приложение, удобное организованы быстрые ссылки и букмарки!
- (2019-12-17) Martín King Vázquez Pastor: La mejor New Tab del planeta!
- (2019-12-16) Ron TazMan: Great product which I could adjust the Icon sizes and how many per row and rows. It would be really nice to be able to select what dispalys by the clock like the date for example. But great product but could be better. :)
- (2020-01-20, v:184.108.40.206) Norman Buffong: Features Request/Suggestion
I like the extension but wish it included a feature to resize icons about 50% smaller to grow space for more links. It also would be better if the extension were available in app format for Android and iOS. I'd pay $5 for an Android app optimized for my Android OS 8.0. device, then I'd recommend the extension and it s apps to my social media friends.
- (2020-01-19, v:220.127.116.11) mohammad javed Arif: cant change time
i cannot change time .what can i do now???????
- (2020-01-19, v:18.104.22.168) Kevin Do-Tran: Weird bug - Google Slides, Google Sheets, Google Docs
Those three shortcuts I made stopped working this week. Gmail, and Google Drive are fine, as are non-Google shortcuts. However, for Slides, Sheets, and Docs, they only work if I open them in a "new tab". The specific error that happens when I click on them normally is "felcaaldnbdncclmgdcncolpebgiejap is blockedRequests to the server have been blocked by an extension. Try disabling your extensions. ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT" for Google Sheets. For Slides it's the same but the weird letters are aapocclcgogkmnckokdopfmhonfmgoek and for Docs the letters are aohghmighlieiainnegkcijnfilokake. The address bar will say: chrome-extension://felcaaldnbdncclmgdcncolpebgiejap/main.html This is, of course, all occurring on the Chrome web browser, and this problem started somewhere around a week or two ago. Not a life-or-death crisis but kinda annoying and probably affecting other people too.
- (2020-01-18, v:22.214.171.124) JIM CEARLEY: Launcher
I would like to see a launcher button/icon to easily get to installed games ect...
- (2020-01-12, v:126.96.36.199) Bilal Chaudhry: QUICK NOTES
If you pin the quick notes the notes background becomes dark and you cannot read the notes. There should be option to change the notes background
- (2020-01-09, v:188.8.131.52) Aaqib Ahmed Tanoli: Digital Marketing
Digital Marketing program has designed to provide step-by-step education to marketing industry professionals and digital marketing students willing to make career with Digital Marketing Agencies, best program to learn the concepts of modern digital marketing with hands-on tools and technique – “all in one” course to learn Digital Marketing from basics to expert level Contact info Feel free to contact us. Hira Foundation School – Jamia Darululoom Korangi Karachi, Karachi, Pakistan-75180 Phone: +92 03318246596 Email: [email protected]
- (2020-01-06, v:184.108.40.206) talix cegedim: Traduction
Je souhaite pouvoir avoir cette extension (magnifique au passage) en français. Je vous propose mon aide sans contrepartie. Cordialement
- (2020-01-04, v:220.127.116.11) Art-n-Ida Pettyjohn: "Recently closed"not showing up on home display
"Recently closed"not showing up on home display anymore
- (2019-12-31, v:18.104.22.168) Duke Mihajlovic: icons
is there a way to change the size of the icons- and is there a way to sort the view? Thanks
- (2019-12-31, v:22.214.171.124) Michael Cole: weather
It would be nice if the new tab page always showed the weekly forecast for my area, maybe right next to the clock?
- (2019-12-23, v:126.96.36.199) Jim McD: Are you supporting this Extension?
It appears this Extension is not supported based on the lack of response to the issues presented here.
- (2019-12-20, v:188.8.131.52) S. G. Smith: icon size
Is there a way to change the size of the buttons/app icons? They are really large, and I'd like to fit all of the items on one page.
- (2019-12-19, v:184.108.40.206) David Wright: How To Set As Home Page Using Kiwi Browser
Hi, I love this extension, I use it on my windows o.s. computers with the chrome browser, I'm trying to figure out how to use the extension with the kiwi browser for android. It seems like I need an actual url to be able to set it as my home page.
- (2019-12-17, v:220.127.116.11) Vergence Group: Quick Notes
I can't read my quick notes; the box is dark and so is the font so I can't read it and there is no way to change the color for either.
- (2019-12-16, v:18.104.22.168) Men Markov: Set your page start page
How can I set your page open like start page when I start browser? I read in FAQ, but there is explanation only for Chrome. I use Vivaldi and this is not the same. And when I set open tab in "new active" he doesn't work. Tab is open in background.
- (2019-12-14, v:22.214.171.124) Justin Reinwand: New search engine
Love this add on. Can you add startpage as a search engine since it gives us google results without the tracking. Thank you
- (2019-12-12, v:126.96.36.199) Turculet Mihai: Google Calendar Event Issue
Google Calendar Event Issue - Can link google calendar to app! Any help ?
- (2019-12-11, v:188.8.131.52) Jim McD: Opening tabs as active does not work
When I set Open App Tab to New Active it functions the same as Background, that is the tab opens, but the browser's focus does not change to the new tab, it stays on the Home page. I'm using the Brave browser.
- (2019-12-09, v:184.108.40.206) m heymann: App Layout
Can layout of apps (i.e. number of rows, columns, category be customized?
- (2019-12-07, v:220.127.116.11) Raymond Robinson: how do I add google calendar to my home page?
cant find a way to add the google icon for calendar to my home page
- (2019-12-06, v:18.104.22.168) Tom Smith: About the search box
Could you enlarge the searchbox and move it down a bit? it will have a good looks.
- (2019-12-04, v:22.214.171.124) Eileen Smith: Nest Mini
need instructions to set up Nest Mini
- (2019-12-03, v:126.96.36.199) Noah Gonzalez: What is Fetch Interval?
What is Fetch Interval?
- (2019-11-26, v:188.8.131.52) 2Genius World: Google Calendar Event Issue
Hi! I am somehow unable to connect or link the Google Calendar to this extension. Nothing appears to happen when I click on the Example Event to enable Your Google Calendar here. Also this Example event sometimes goes away. So I've had to remove and then re-add the extension for the Example event to become visible again. Any help or suggestions? Thanks!
- (2019-11-26, v:184.108.40.206) Noah Gonzalez: Bug
A bug is that if you pin QUICK NOTES and unpin it, QUICK NOTES won't open anymore.