Enhance your New Tab Page with ultimate customizability and power. Awesome, like you. [ANTP]
- (2020-01-25) mudturtle: I loved it a few years ago, but lately it has been a pain to keep straight, and the most annoying thing is that now I get two pop ups that almost covers my entire page EVERYTIME I open it. I exit out of them, but sometimes they pop right back up and ALWAYS when I open Chrome. I am thinking of removing it and just making desktop shortcuts...MOST AGGRAVATING!!!!!!!!!
- (2019-11-26) Manek Iridius: My issue is not with this add-on, my issue is with Google Chrome and the fact that I was required to find and install a third-party program for the SOLE PURPOSE of applying resizing handles to the sides of Chrome's window. This is a basic convenience, and has been the main function of window-based user interfaces, LITERALLY, since the very advent of them. Whoever is making design decisions at Google is out of touch at best, and intentionally malicious at worst. Thank you for creating a workaround for an issue that should not have been an issue in the first place.
- (2019-11-03) PJ Finster: Keeps crashing and I lose my whole layout. It has happened 4 times now over 2 month period. Back up is worthless.
- (2019-10-04) Emily Ihasz: I love being able to have what I need right at my fingertips on the Awesome New Tab Page and I like that I can personalize each square with whatever image I want, can move or delete the squares if I like and I have as many squares to use as I need. My page is set up exactly as I want and it saves me time every day.
- (2019-09-24) Pulkit Sharma: Been using it for 4-5 years easy now. The extension's ability to save your set up in the layout you set it up in matched with Google Chrome saving your preferences if you're signed in has made it super easy for me to keep using it wherever I go or on whatever machine I'm using! Great extension. Highly recommend it.
- (2019-09-10) Caroline Troullis: I used to love this so much, but in the past 2 days it has become corrupted and unusable. Will happily rerate and use again if this gets fixed!
- (2019-09-01) Edgar Negrete: So the widget just decided to become corrupted... now all my settings are gone... the thing is, the online backups too! what the H happened? Watching recent reviews it seems i am not alone in this.
- (2019-08-31) jack strangeway: I have used this extension for years and I've never had any problems with it aside from the Sphere widget being forcefully put on my page when I try to edit it (which can be deleted right after anyways).
- (2019-07-14) Amr Alsayed: good
- (2019-07-11) Laura DeMuro: I loved this app. I enjoyed having all my sites in one place and had no complaints. However, I don't know if this app has been abandoned or what, but this is the 2 time in a few weeks the extension has become corrupted. When it is repairs all your shortcuts are gone. I specifically backed up the last time to avoid this....now my back ups are gone. This app was great but seems to be neglected now.
- (2019-06-22) Dev Mukerjee: Is there any way to increase the favicon generated automatically when a URL is entered into a new tab link? I dont want to go making/adding my own icons because it is a tiresome process. I just want the automatically generated favicon to be as large as possible even if it gets pixellated a bit. Please give me any workarounds on this issue.
- (2019-06-17) Michael Oppenheimer: This has been one of my favorite things about Chrome ... until the meta tile widget I'd based my whole page on disappeared from the chrome extensions library and thus when my desktop crashed and I had to reinstall chrome 95% of my tiles were blank and useless. I have extensive bookmarks, so I'll probably just leave it in hopes that the missing widget will someday return, but it's pretty useless to me now, and I have no desire to fix it as it is :(
- (2019-05-13) Oliver Löwenherz: After reading the reviews I have to write my own. I use this Extension since beginning of this year ( months by now) and I love it! I use it to link all my favorite Internet Shows - AND it looks awesome! But not only this, Its super practical, saves some time for alternatively search my shows and looks super nice! I had the Problem, that Pictures went missing, when the linked website went offline - which is logic and no mistake of the programm. I used the backup function, worked perfect! So for me, I see no negativ, I have no problem with another Add Ons and I will not live without it, since it is such an Stylish way of heaving a starting tab!
- (2019-05-07) Daryl Druktenis: This has been my favorite for a very long time!!
- (2019-04-07) Deni B: It's been slow to load lately. Like, very slow.
- (2019-02-25) LynER1992: Espectacular, puedo mantener todo ordenado a mi gusto y recuperar mis widgets anteriores! 10/10
- (2019-01-07) Merlin Kirkpatrick: Of all the new tab pages I have tested this is now the best. It has some flaws. I have to backup and restore the settings to get it to a new computer. But I can backup the settings and push them to other browsers on other computers. I had to put my icons on my own web server and link to them instead of storing them inside the program. But I am able to create custom icons and use them.
- (2018-11-26) HKMAN: This app is great, even after so many years. Does exactly what it should. Simple and easy to use.
- (2018-10-24) David B: I really like using this. However, can you provide a method for backing up and restoring the custom icons. It really is a pain when chrome or widows updates to have the all lost.
- (2018-10-09) James Kramer: Excellent. I consider this a mini-bookmark bar where I put my favorite go-to sites.
- (2018-09-14) Mark Taylor: Excellent add-on. I note some other reviews that it is unstable. That is not my experience. I have used it for over a year now and it has been absolutely solid. If you use a second machine (where you don't have it installed) you miss it.
- (2018-08-28) Mike Shea Jr: I have no issues with this extension. It works great for me and as expected.
- (2018-08-07) This extension certainly lives up to its name!
- (2018-08-05) Vince Gargiulo: I love this extension. You can create your own home page with all the websites and apps you use the most. Works great!
- (2018-07-20) Kent West: I have used this app for years and I really like being able to create my own page layout. I am able to configure the app with only the links that I prefer. I use transparent .png files for the images so it looks great on a custom background. My biggest wish list item is the ability to export the images along with the settings on Export. Nice app - works well.
- (2013-12-12, v:2013.493.18) Issa Rafeedie: Not working
This is not working anymore suddenly. I've tried removing and re-adding to chrome. All I get is a black screen with the six tabs on the top left nothing else. When I point to star the bubble says "Awesome New Tab page Pro" but nothing happens when I click on it. I didn't add the pro version. I cannot unlock. Clicking on Configure, it comes up but nothing is functional. I reset things and everything goes back to setting when opening configure. This is a great App but was really disappointed when the advertising was snuck in. It took me a while to find it and deactivate it. But at least it was working then. Now nothing is working, just a black screen with the six tabs on the top left nothing else. If I don't hear from someone soon I will remove from chrome. Thank you.
- (2013-12-11, v:2013.493.18) puppymarc chang: not cool
I want to not use it anymore.
- (2013-12-10, v:2013.493.18) Jonathan Valcq: ADWARE
You ruined a great extension with Adware, and god knows what else!
- (2013-12-10, v:2013.493.18) Samee Rafiuddin: Stopped working with my recent update
Running Version 30.0.1599.101 m
- (2013-12-09, v:2013.493.18) Dan Ostler: Ads
Keeps popping up advertisements when i hover over images. This used to be a simple and clean design, but it now has been tainted with greed. Please remove this terrible feature, and stop selling us. We trusted you, and you have betrayed us. Thank you for the awesome new tab page. It really has been awesome. It will be uninstalled because of this problem.
- (2013-12-09, v:2013.493.18) Callum Vibert: Adware
This extension has changed recently, and now inserts irritating and unsolicited popup adverts into many unrelated web pages without user consent.
- (2013-12-04, v:2013.492.17) Julian Dunster: Pop ups
As of today I've had pop ups from superfish.com on various websites. If I go into my chrome extensions and disable Awesome new tab page then the pop ups stop. Sham as I love your extension. Please fix the pop up hack so I can use it once more without the pop ups.
- (2013-12-03, v:2013.492.17) Privacy
I have stopped using this extension because the new version requires permission to: 1. Access your data on all web sites. 2. Access your tabs and browsing activity. 3. Manage your apps, extensions and themes. You don't need these permissions, and as long as you demand them, then I won't use or recommend this for others. Did you guys get a new job with the NSA?
- (2013-12-03, v:2013.492.17) Michael Hart: How do I disable product recommendations/deals?
Posting this question so that others may find it easily.
- (2012-08-01, v:2012.131.0.4) Jason Little: fhsdf
Complicated as hell to delete an app