Record 30 seconds of your webcam into Drive!
Record 30 seconds of video using your webcam. The video is automatically saved to Google Drive and the link to the video is copied to your clipboard. This makes sharing the video extremely easy. Note: You will want to change the sharing permissions on the folder in Google Drive to "Anyone with the link can view" to allow others to view the videos you record. Webcam Record by Alice Keeler is designed to allow students to use the webcam to record 30 seconds of them explaining a concept. Teachers can use webcam record to provide students video feedback. Since the video link is automatically copied to the clipboard, teachers can paste the link easily into a gradebook comment. Users of Google Classroom will love Alice Keeler Webcam Record. Students can record themselves using the webcam. The video is saved in Google Drive, thus they can easily add the video to any assignment. Use Alice Keeler Webcam Record to have students do a quick reflection on their learning and include with the assignment. Alice Keeler Webcam Record works with Google Slides. Use the Insert menu in Slides to choose the webcam recording out of the Google Drive folder and it is embedded right in the slide. Default record time is 30 seconds. Right click on the extension icon to change the options. Maximum record time is 90 seconds.
- (2020-04-10) utkirbek razzakov: the best of the best
- (2020-03-29) Sunnyxflower: it doesnt even get your full body so anoying .
- (2020-02-16) robson Sousa: joia
- (2019-01-14) jason byrne: Didn't work
- (2018-07-04) udayshankar polamarasetty: nice
- (2018-06-30) ivan silva: ultil
- (2018-06-01) Wilcey Whatweekindo: doesn't record the webcam at all.
- (2018-02-14) Kathlene Mesa: Alice is the queen of all things techie!
- (2018-01-31) Emperor: does not work over ten seconds
- (2018-01-14) Rasazy: Really i had to put in my gmail and password please make this more easy >:(
- (2018-01-10) Canal Blogpop Ninimpop: util
- (2017-12-03) Ms. Lee: Simple. Effective.
- (2017-11-08) Paul West: Great for those teachers who aren't quite ready for Recap or Flipgrid. Very easy to use tool for feedback and getting those snippets of deeper learning through student reflection. The time limit forces them to get to the point too so teachers aren't skimming through countless long video clips.
- (2017-10-17) Pizchu: best one i have found
- (2017-10-08) Andy Mann: Alice hits another home run. The simplicity is its strength. Makes it easy to share feedback or have students explain a concept in their own words. Every Chromebook - teacher or student, should have this extension. Only improvement would be to automatically set folder rights - but that's minor. Love the app!!
- (2017-09-21) Well thought out and developed. Only thing I would want added is a specific folder in drive to store the vid.
- (2017-09-14) Martin Synn: easy and work well... just wish for a keyboard shortcut
- (2017-09-08) Daniel Trias: Learn about this today in a Workshop lead by Alice. Thanks for sharing it!
- (2017-08-21) Joe Hunter: This is going to be a wonderful way to provide feedback or to assess student understanding with a click of a button.
- (2017-08-18) Jack Davis: Automagically incredible!!! Can't believe this is possible. Soo Cool! Thanks for putting this out there. Records straight to your own google Drive! Not for all.
- (2017-08-10) Nyree Clark: This is so easy to use and it goes straight to drive. It has cut my workload down tremendously.
- (2017-07-19) Patricia Looten: I doesn't get any better than this! Truly a time saver!
- (2020-05-14, v:1.1) Ray: Not able to use it.
It doesn't come up on my screen. When I click on the logo it makes me sign in, into google. Is there anything else to do about it?
- (2019-01-13, v:1.0.33) it won't start recording
it has a timer and finish but nothing to start it with
- (2019-01-08, v:1.0.33) Beth Keller: Extension not working.
This program is not working. When opened, the webcam does not start. It has worked well for me in the past, but this morning the webcam would not start. A popup box comes up, it has the timer and a button that says "Finish", but nothing else.
- (2018-12-11, v:1.0.33) webcam does not start
I was using this last week and it worked great, however this morning the webcam never starts. The popup box comes up, it has the timer and Finish, but never starts. Help!
- (2018-08-11, v:1.0.33) Lori Clark: no function.
No start button. Only a timer and a finish button i disabled adblock and ghostery what else can i try?
- (2018-05-14, v:1.0.33) Andy Boatman: Account Selection
We are using webcam record this week and the students are not able to choose their Google Account. The screen flashes up and then goes away before they can choose their account.
- (2018-05-09, v:1.0.33) Video Quality issue help?
I love this idea and the plethora of uses but the videos are very pixelated any way to improve this?
- (2018-03-23, v:1.0.33) Felicia Suminski: pixalated
when I play back the video is it pixalated. How do I fix that https://goo.gl/9dHi7y
- (2018-03-19, v:1.0.33) William Winter: Video Quality
Is the video quality being reduced by the compression of the file for the extension?
- (2018-03-14, v:1.0.33) Matthew Callahan: Not able to access - 403 Error
Hello! I recently helped a teacher install this extension. The students record and then share their videos in Classroom. When the teacher clicks on the link they get a "Forbidden - 403" error. If we go in and change the permissions of the videos they work then but that is a few more steps. Upon creation...can the folder automatically be set to anyone with the link can view?
- (2018-03-01, v:1.0.33) Shannon Davis: Permission
The permission request disappears before we can allow for permissions. Any suggestions?