This extension captures the audio on the current tab and saves the output file on your computer when the capture is complete
Chrome Audio Capture is a Chrome extension that allows users to capture any audio playing on the current tab. Multiple tabs can be captured simultaneously. Captures can be saved as either .mp3 or .wav files. Users will have the option to mute tabs that are currently being captured. To begin capture on a tab simply click on the Chrome Audio Capture icon and use the interface or hotkeys to start and stop the capture. Once the capture is stopped or when the time limit is reached, a new tab will be opened for you to save and name your audio file. Make sure to save your file before closing the tab, otherwise the file will be lost! Check the options page for different output file formats and other features! If you enjoyed the extension, please leave a review on the extension page! Please report any bugs or suggestions using the support tab of the extension page. Note: Currently captures are limited to 20 minutes due to Chrome memory constraints. Limit can be bypassed, but it is not recommended as more testing is required to determine the maximum time for lower quality settings. Version History: version 1.1.1 - Some fixes improvements version 1.1.0 - The long awaited MP3 update! Along with other new features and improvements version 1.0.6 - Various bug fixes and better hotkey display version 1.0.5 - Fixed keyboard shortcuts mac version 1.0.3 - Reduced max capture time to 20 minutes. Bug fixes. version 1.0.2 - Added timeout function, set max capture time to 25 minutes. Disabled capture on YouTube due to copyright.
- (2020-01-18) MasterGamerX: useful. can record anythng!
- (2020-01-18) yoface355: its great try it
- (2020-01-17) Maximiliano Dicola: Excelente extensión!
- (2020-01-11) Claudelu': Works like a charm, barebones but then again it doesnt really need bells and wistles
- (2020-01-10) Maurice Mahlke: Bardzo dobrze działa, natomiast czasem się zacina
- (2020-01-06) Roland Illman: Does exactly what it says, and well.
- (2020-01-05) tsALKO27: Пердит трещит, записывает аудио с паузами и портит качество!
- (2020-01-03) Prasad S N: This is very simple and works like piece of cake. Loved it.
- (2019-12-30) Sol O'Mio: Didn't work for Creative Commons 10 minute lecture audio (not music) from YTube. Tried it twice. Waste of my time.
- (2019-12-27) josersv: Muy sencilla y práctica de usar, no le doy las 5 estrellas porque solamente permite capturar 20 min. de audio, ojalá lo hagan configurable a las capacidades de los equipos de los usuarios.
- (2019-12-27) Paz Einat: Excellent extension!! Easy to use and gets very good results
- (2019-12-26) Marcus Morrisey: Does what it says is will do.
- (2019-12-26) Viacheslav Boo: Highly recomended to install! Work simple and perfect. Save any playing tracks to mp3.
- (2019-12-22) Tran Khoa: It's really a great extension. <3
- (2019-12-22) Andre: So far it's doing everything I want it to do very well! I'm super impressed as I've wanted something like this for a long while but only just now found it.
- (2019-12-20) Archibald Tuttle: Works as described, well! One must be judicious in its use, refraining from ripping off sound tracks that should be paid for. On the other hand, many things are not available by any other means. Further, if you want good quality, you need source material other than MP3 files - I know, I'm an audiophool and a snob. If you have a really good system anyone, anyone, should be able to hear the difference. So when tracks become available I buy FLACs and similar.
- (2019-12-19) mike griffin: Glitched recording!!
- (2019-12-14) OPRAH PAN: good job
- (2019-12-11) dkfelix: Wonderful, useful software
- (2019-12-09) synergy inc: super awesome.LOVE the quality.
- (2019-12-09) Chris Anderson: It works. Very straight forward. No bells, lots of whistles!
- (2019-12-06) Debbie Nider: It timed out before 2 hours was reached. However, for a non-techie like me, it is so easy to use, so I am thrilled to have such easy access to my favourite music with the ability to record it.
- (2019-12-05) Jason S: Does the job.
- (2019-12-04) PentiumMMX: it doesn't work, after recording, and saving the file that i recorded, i didn't hear anything.
- (2019-12-02) Lusca: Muito boa essa extensão. ótima qualidade
- (2020-01-10, v:1.1.1) Robert Hodge: problem.
the pitch changes when i start recording. can you please fix it? it would be a honor if you fix it.
- (2019-10-31, v:1.1.1) Paul 8thDay: its driving me crazy
where are the files saved in W10 ? There is no option of specifying a location in any settings very poor interface imo
- (2019-10-12, v:1.1.1) ghgiaoer: suggestion for the app
I really do love this app. It has been one of the most helpful things ever on the internet. One thing that happens to me sometimes when I have a long clip is it is not done processing to mp3 and I think it is done, it takes a long time, the red bar has become very long and I am in a hurry and not paying close attention, I click on the button to download and it is the close button instead!!! Oh this is very sad when this happens, I have to start all over. It would be lovely if when it is not done processing and you click close, it gives you a warning, do you mean to close this? and you can save yourself from yourself. Or another idea would be to make the close button red and the download button green. This would require way less code. Thank you.
- (2019-08-23, v:1.1.1) I need help please
Somebody else need help to fix the audio capture and not to get report anymore
- (2019-07-28, v:1.1.1) Dwight Holt: How to open audio file capture on chromebook
How to open audio file capture ?
- (2019-07-08, v:1.1.1) Joseph Park: Wav File Save
I can't seem to save the file as a WAV format. I only get the option to save as MP3 (VLC) format. Can you help me save the recording as a WAV file?
- (2019-04-23, v:1.1.1) Richard Amster: No audio in captured file.
I just tried this for the first time on my Windows 10 PC. There is no audio in the capture file - it is silent. Earlier today I used the app on my chromebook and it worked fine. Any thoughts?
- (2019-03-21, v:1.1.1) Maureen Fautley: transferring a captured audio file to an external stick
hi - i successfully captured an audio file - how do i find it on my computer, and how do i transfer the file to an external stick?
- (2019-02-27, v:1.1.1) BWC: Upgrade
Hello development team. one hit frommy side, could you add a pause button to recorder? For pause the record? please give me a feedback. have a nice day!
- (2019-02-12, v:1.1.1) Ross Koning: Snap Crackle Pop = Chrome Audio Capture
I'm capturing a 3-minute audio clip. The original audio sounds perfect even with headphones and volume cranked, but the Chrome Audio Capture app somehow inserts lots of very obvious clicks, crackles, and snaps into the resulting audio file that it creates. I've tried the mp3 and the wav file formats with identical results. There are too many to use Sound Studio to remove them all. I LOVE the idea of this app and could use this often, but the degraded audio quality prevents it from being useful to me. Is there a fix?
- (2019-01-23, v:1.1.1) Recorded audio is silent
I'm able to record audio on various websites successfully. But when I use the plugin the save audio file is silent. This is using a chromebook and not just the chrome browser. Is there something I need to do to get this to work? It seems very simple, there's just no audio in the saved file.
- (2018-11-26, v:1.1.1) Lori: No sound
I get no sound when I save