This extension captures the audio on the current tab and saves the output file on your computer when the capture is complete
Chrome Audio Capture is a Chrome extension that allows users to capture any audio playing on the current tab. Multiple tabs can be captured simultaneously. Captures can be saved as either .mp3 or .wav files. Users will have the option to mute tabs that are currently being captured. To begin capture on a tab simply click on the Chrome Audio Capture icon and use the interface or hotkeys to start and stop the capture. Once the capture is stopped or when the time limit is reached, a new tab will be opened for you to save and name your audio file. Make sure to save your file before closing the tab, otherwise the file will be lost! Check the options page for different output file formats and other features! If you enjoyed the extension, please leave a review on the extension page! Please report any bugs or suggestions using the support tab of the extension page. Note: Currently captures are limited to 20 minutes due to Chrome memory constraints. Limit can be bypassed, but it is not recommended as more testing is required to determine the maximum time for lower quality settings. Version History: version 1.1.1 - Some fixes improvements version 1.1.0 - The long awaited MP3 update! Along with other new features and improvements version 1.0.6 - Various bug fixes and better hotkey display version 1.0.5 - Fixed keyboard shortcuts mac version 1.0.3 - Reduced max capture time to 20 minutes. Bug fixes. version 1.0.2 - Added timeout function, set max capture time to 25 minutes. Disabled capture on YouTube due to copyright.
- (2020-08-01) Life Dimensions: Best recorder for sound recording with high quality Voice recorder application is totally free. It is simple and easy to use. You can reliably record your meetings, personal notes, speeches, lectures, songs. There is 20 minutes time limit. drawback is ,this application won't have pause option ,
- (2020-08-01) atipatch keawvongsa: thanks alot sir. its a very good extension
- (2020-07-31) Valeriy Tsyvinskiy: Периодически, после сохранения в формате wav, в файле появляются кратковременные паузы, которые на слух воспринимаются как потрескивание.
- (2020-07-30) p e r i o d t: i LOVE IT!
- (2020-07-29) a kai: Great !
- (2020-07-28) Max Stone: It works like it should this is not a paid review it is totally awesome.
- (2020-07-26) Andreas Solymosi: Excellent. Works perfectly. Limited for 20 Minutes capturing. Thanks.
- (2020-07-25) 10 Millions Media - Logan: very good
- (2020-07-22) Blue Cobalt: It worked one singular time for a 30 second clip. Everything above that, the encoding progress was still 0% for a day. Still hasn't moved at all. Does not work like shown or intended.
- (2020-07-21) iXgAmEr I ابراهيم: The best audio capture on the world. i gave you 5 stars. nice
- (2020-07-21) J0rg3proofs: Thanks to this stupid useless extension I just lost a super important class that was given only once, it couldn't record more than 1 hour stupid useless extension
- (2020-07-19) Pa Oc: Muy bueno para capturar hasta 20 min. de audio desde Chrome. En Mac funciona sin problemas en formato mp3.
- (2020-07-19) Ricardo Morgado: Using most recent version of Google Chrome and the extension simply doesn't work. All it does is generating EMPTY audio files, be them mp3 or wav. Useless.
- (2020-07-19) Ahmed Fawzy Ahmed Khalil: Extremely useful. Now background noise. Very easy to use
- (2020-07-17) Sandra Villegas: I have using this extension for couple of days and i am very satisfied with the service. recommended.
- (2020-07-17) Leanne Wilkins: Simple and easy to use, works well
- (2020-07-16) A mystery 4eva: areee ek dum jakss ... must use extention
- (2020-07-16) DMITRY MAKAROV: Спасибо огромное)я очень доволен приложением,супер
- (2020-07-16) Joshua Bernstein: So far no issues and works PERFECTLY! Thank you!
- (2020-07-13) Jesse Jones: awesome perfect for sampling
- (2020-07-12) Evgeny Pavlovsky: Allows easily record audio stream from tab (up to 20 min long in free version). Saves as mp3 file on your computer. Very simple to use.
- (2020-07-12) Ernest Kugblenu: Works with no fuss
- (2020-07-09) PUBG: I don't know it's good or bad but i was just need a great music and that was a paid copyright free on a website and by using chrome audio capture i got that music very easily free of cost and in good volume everything is fine for me so why giving five stars. just love it recommended
- (2020-07-09) Diamond Huang: working well for me
- (2020-07-07) CCTV CDO MSC: Not working properly when recording google translate audio.
- (2020-08-02, v:1.1.1) Valeriy Tsyvinskiy: Short pauses appear in the saved file
From time to time, after saving, short pauses appear in the saved file, which are perceived as crackling. What can be the reason?
- (2020-07-05, v:1.1.1) Gerson Pinto: Not working
I have two pcs and the extension not record nothing. The file recorded is mute (no sound). Windows 10 and last chrome. Maybe the app not access the microphone or sound system? Other extension ask me for permissions (mic and cam for example). Your extension don`t ask for permissions...
- (2020-06-11, v:1.1.1) Bianca Anina: Audio capture not working
I start an audio recording in lets say youtube, but immediately when the recording starts, the audio stops ( no sound), even as the video continues to play. After I save audio file and try to play the file, no sound as well. Please assist.
- (2020-06-08, v:1.1.1) nightmare_ReX: Mp3 audio not working
Not working with TTS
- (2020-06-03, v:1.1.1) Amari Menns: Recording won't encode
Hi! I used this last week seamlessly but now my recording won't encode or download. Can this be rectified? - chrome-extension://kfokdmfpdnokpmpbjhjbcabgligoelgp/complete.html
- (2020-06-01, v:1.1.1) Eden Durant: Recover canceled audio capture
I accidentally pressed to cancel the audio capture instead of stopping it to save. Is there any way to recover the audio from a temp file? I have not recorded any additional captures since and I thought that the data might be in a temp file somewhere. Thank you.
- (2020-05-20, v:1.1.1) Mark Guthrie: No sound
This is probably my issue. I have a new chromebook. The recording is captured but no sound. I don't believe it is the replay as I can listen to YouTube, for example. Perhaps my microphone is off...but I don't know how to check.
- (2020-05-19, v:1.1.1) Connor Dietrich: I am unable to save a cancel captures once I start.
I am unable to save a cancel captures once I start. I can rarely ever actually capture an audio file. When the timer runs out on the capture I have to uninstall this extension to unfreeze it.
- (2020-05-14, v:1.1.1) Sam Siegel: Ctrl + Shift + S to start capture on current tab
I start the recording and then press, Ctrl + Shift + S to start audio capture. Unfortunately, Ctrl + Shift + S refreshes the Chrome tab and doesn't start Chrome Audio Capture. I am not fast enough to start the recording and then left-click on the extension to start the capture. Suggestions? Thanks
- (2020-05-01, v:1.1.1) Mun Yee Tung: Unable download the app
Chrome Audio Capture (extension ID "kfokdmfpdnokpmpbjhjbcabgligoelgp") is blocked by the administrator.
- (2020-04-30, v:1.1.1) Чорный Михаил: не сохраняет запись
добры день не сохраняет мою запись помогите сохранить. chrome-extension://kfokdmfpdnokpmpbjhjbcabgligoelgp/complete.html
- (2020-04-30, v:1.1.1) Чорный Михаил: ошибка
Добрый день не сохраняет запись которую должен был записывать просто не загружает её
- (2020-04-19, v:1.1.1) Nestor Guillermo Cortes Garcia: Sin sonido
Hise capt. 20 min. al querer escuchar capt. no hay sonido.Que debo hacer?
- (2020-03-02, v:1.1.1) Solar Renewal: no sound
no sound whenever i record please help me?
- (2020-02-26, v:1.1.1) Sea Millo: Edge Chomium
This isn't working on the new Edge :(
- (2020-01-31, v:1.1.1) W. Galvez: chrome mute audio palyback
as soon as i hit the capture tab the audio playback gets mute, therefore is does not capture
- (2020-01-22, v:1.1.1) Andrew Crosby: no sound
looks like an mp3 with 820kb but no sound on playback, no amplitude trace in Audacity
- (2020-01-10, v:1.1.1) Robert Hodge: problem.
the pitch changes when i start recording. can you please fix it? it would be a honor if you fix it.
- (2019-10-31, v:1.1.1) Paul 8thDay: its driving me crazy
where are the files saved in W10 ? There is no option of specifying a location in any settings very poor interface imo
- (2019-10-12, v:1.1.1) ghgiaoer: suggestion for the app
I really do love this app. It has been one of the most helpful things ever on the internet. One thing that happens to me sometimes when I have a long clip is it is not done processing to mp3 and I think it is done, it takes a long time, the red bar has become very long and I am in a hurry and not paying close attention, I click on the button to download and it is the close button instead!!! Oh this is very sad when this happens, I have to start all over. It would be lovely if when it is not done processing and you click close, it gives you a warning, do you mean to close this? and you can save yourself from yourself. Or another idea would be to make the close button red and the download button green. This would require way less code. Thank you.
- (2019-08-23, v:1.1.1) I need help please
Somebody else need help to fix the audio capture and not to get report anymore
- (2019-07-28, v:1.1.1) Dwight Holt: How to open audio file capture on chromebook
How to open audio file capture ?
- (2019-07-08, v:1.1.1) Joseph Park: Wav File Save
I can't seem to save the file as a WAV format. I only get the option to save as MP3 (VLC) format. Can you help me save the recording as a WAV file?
- (2019-04-23, v:1.1.1) Richard Amster: No audio in captured file.
I just tried this for the first time on my Windows 10 PC. There is no audio in the capture file - it is silent. Earlier today I used the app on my chromebook and it worked fine. Any thoughts?
- (2019-03-21, v:1.1.1) Maureen Fautley: transferring a captured audio file to an external stick
hi - i successfully captured an audio file - how do i find it on my computer, and how do i transfer the file to an external stick?