BeeLine's color gradient makes reading faster/easier for over 90% of people. How much will it help you?
***SEPT 2020 UPDATE*** We have just released a major update that makes BeeLine even better than before! Be sure to use the autorun slider to customize what kinds of websites you want BeeLine to run on. Enjoy! *** BeeLine's simple reading technology was recently honored by the United Nations, and our apps have been featured on NPR (http://bit.ly/1Tl3tpp) and in The Atlantic (http://theatln.tc/24LsoX8). Install now and start reading easier for free! HOW IT WORKS BeeLine uses a color gradient to guide your eyes from the end of one line to the beginning of the next. This seemingly simple tweak makes reading easier and faster because it allows you to transition between lines quickly and effortlessly. Many people are able to read 20% or 30% faster with BeeLine, even on their first try. BeeLine is used by students from grade school to grad school, including at leading schools around the world. BACKED BY EDUCATIONAL RESEARCH AND NON-PROFIT PARTNERS Independent, educator-led research on BeeLine has shown dramatic reading fluency and comprehension gains for students. BeeLine has been adopted by the California Public Library System, Bookshare.org, Reading Is Fundamental, and Blackboard Ally. USE BEELINE ON YOUR FAVORITE WEBSITES The BeeLine extension works on millions of news websites and blogs, and you can even read Kindle books, Google Docs, and gmail with it. You can also get our PDF extension, which works on any text-based PDF (available at http://bit.ly/1Fo1hXa), or our iOS app (http://bit.ly/1xNs76J) TRY FOR FREE You can read as much as you want with BeeLine for two weeks, completely free. After that, choose between: • BeeLine Pro: only $1.99/mo, with annual discounts available • BeeLine Pro, Family Pack: Get BeeLine for 5 browsers and save even more! Just $8/yr per browser! Teachers can also apply on our website for free access for their students (certain limitations apply). PRIVACY What you read is your business, and even our free tier does not intrude on your privacy. We do not sell, rent, license, or otherwise monetize your data in any way. Please consider subscribing to support privacy-conscious businesses like ours. GRANT-FUNDED SOCIAL IMPACT COMPANY BeeLine Reader is supported by grants and awards from NewSchools Venture Fund, The Tech Museum of Innovation, and Stanford University. See our website for more information about our mission and impact: www.BeeLineReader.com. REFUNDS If you'd like to cancel your subscription, please contact us (via the extension settings, our web contact form, or our web chat) before your monthly/annual renewal date and we will cancel it immediately. If you forget to contact us before your subscription renews, we may still be able to provide a partial refund. Asking nicely helps! Fine print: text extraction based on Readability from Arc90 Labs, licensed under the Apache License, Version 2. All other rights reserved; US Patent number US20150234788A1; foreign patents also issued and additional US and foreign patents pending. Please send us your feedback (bug fixes, new color scheme requests, etc.) via Twitter, Facebook, or email ([email protected])
- (2020-09-15) Merick Sanogo: I (would) use this for school work. Scratch that I would ONLY use this for school work. I also only view my school work using google apps like docs and in pdf documents. You could imagine what would've happened when I found that I could use the free mode indefinitely, but not be able to read pdf's with the extension because there IS A SEPARATE plugin/extension that I have to buy. And then I read the comments for this and saw someone suggest a text reader instead. They aren't wrong.
- (2020-07-24) Lee Ho: While this is very useful, I feel that a monthly subscription for full access is exploitative of people with dyslexia or who otherwise have difficulty reading text on a screen. I used this extension a few years ago and it didn't have a paid version at all, so I don't understand why it has to have one now. Also, it takes way too long to load.
- (2020-01-28) Darby: I love Beeline Reader. I don't use focus mode or Dyslexic font. I just active in Clean mode, bright colors, and only on the sites I want to use it on. Someone else said you couldn't activate on only the page you wanted but that's incorrect. Go to settings and UNcheck "enable auto-color" I often read the same line over and over as my eyes get lost in the page. I'm also using it on iPad to read kindle books. Game changer.
- (2019-11-29) Emily: The program was super helpful and worked really well, but it's really frustrating to charge as much as they do. I can understand needing income, and would even understand a one time fee to use it, but requiring $2/month is absurd. I don't have much money to spare, and putting a tool which helps with disabilities behind a $24/year paywall, especially one which just changes the color of words, is greedy and unfair
- (2019-03-20) Qiwei Hu: Great. However, some website, such as www.scmp.com, does not work, and it is not very easy to turn on and off the auto color function.
- (2019-02-02) Joe Nash: The concept seems interesting, but apparently there's no way to simply turn the coloring on to read one article. You have to enable "auto color" which colors *all* pages. It's all or nothing apparently. This is annoying and bad design.
- (2019-02-01) :P WQing: clean mode and focus mode have always been buggy. 1) alt+c doesn't work. clean mode has to be turned on via menu. But then it can't be turned off at all, the only way left is to refresh the page and lost the coloring along with it. 2) focus mode sub-menu just flashes when clicked on and in menu it's always shown as "off".
- (2019-01-20) myssy eyde: i was using this for years when it just came out, and as a dyslexic kid i loved it, but their moneygrab has been absolutely shameful and exclusionary for a learning aid. this extension truly is a learning aid and not a luxary item and asking 2 dollars a month (what i spend on half of my food in a day, i am on foodstamps) is absolute greed. dont give this extension more money for restricting access to a tool that can help kids learn and costs absolutely nothing in physical cost. dont get me wrong i think devs should get fairly paid but this is absurd. beeline reader is one piece of coding that was made years ago and hardly changed, that money i would be paying to use this wouldnt be paying for work, just for the dev's greed
- (2019-01-13) jessie bessonette: it doesn't work on the website i downloaded it to use on. literally none of the pages on the entire website would load the beeline text, regardless of how much or little text is on the page. the website is a very simple HTML website, i'm not sure why the plug-in would have so much trouble with it. the website is politically-oriented so i'm suspicious maybe they just have it blacklisted.
- (2019-01-09) Em Ts: When this extension works it is great, however, it has a lot of glitches and scenarios where is doesn't work for example with pdfs, on certain websites (usually where there is a lot of text or with scientific journals). Please also explain why another fee is charged for pdfs when access to the software has already been paid for - this seems unreasonable.
- (2018-12-14) Logan Little: Listed on the chrome webstore as a free service.
- (2018-11-27) Zach Saucier: Fails to color most pages that I've tried thus far. The "Clean Mode" completely breaks the page due to a popup asking how I use BeeLine.
- (2018-10-10) Jason Hsieh: After I paid 2 dollars per month, I cannot find any page to unsubscribe it. Now I have to leave feedback from your beeline reader website.....
- (2018-08-21) ChiTheGodess: Slowww
- (2018-08-07) C Van Pelt: it was good to read with, however the extension will not open meaning that I cannot toggle anything or turn it off when I need to.
- (2018-06-24) Dhairya Jain: really helpful to read without being distracted. one pro TIP for using it: use in CLEAN MODE with FULL SCREEN to maximize to your focus.
- (2018-05-19) p man: great app for students and bus-readers alike
- (2018-05-15) RINE FORSHINE: This extension is but a free trial and is not easily operated if you want a better tool use text to speech.
- (2018-05-11) Katt R: It helps, not sure how, but having to install plugins and buy full versions make me far less fond of the extension. Also super annoying for pdf because I am almost exclusively reading pdfs and need the plugin for it!
- (2018-03-01) Boris Hrbacek: So, great idea for trying to help people read faster. I like the coloring that it does when I am reading articles. I would say it "does work" to improve reading a "little" faster. Not sure the research behind it, wish they would put the research on their website. Issues -------- Need to have whitelist instead of blacklist - This plugin is gonna load on every single website. But you really only need it on article/news site. Any other website isn't needed and is actually distracting and can make words not visible, and you will spend much time blacklisting each site you visit. Not a plugin suitable for subscription. Thats a big money grab by the developers. Even though it seems little, 1.99 a month is too much for this. Maybe a one-time fee of 5-10 dollars would be okay if the plugin is actually usable and helpful to you. I really want it to just work when I read articles not every website, so not really taking a pain away easily. The setting area of the plugin - Every time you want to disable on a webpage you have to go to the 2nd page of the plugin. Very inefficient and ugly plugin design. The website is terrible, doesn't explain anything about the plugin. I have uninstalled this plugin and do not recommend until they enhance it a lot, especially the Pro version.
- (2018-02-23) J K: Please remember my last chosen theme I don't want to click on it every time just to change theme
- (2017-10-17) Bsher: Arabic language is not supported? letters became separated after BeeLine enabled.. like this>> ب س م ا ل ل ه it should be like this>> بسم الله thanks a lot for helping.
- (2017-06-05) Maddie McDaniel: im broke and cant pay for pro
- (2017-04-28) Jason Burke: Ads and a paid "pro" feature is a turn off. It cleans up webpages just like 10 others extensions that don't have ads or a paid "pro" feature.
- (2017-01-23) Ranko: This extension has helped me so much for a long time, it really will help many others in the future. The reason I'm giving it 4 stars instead of 5 is the addition of a pro feature. This extension has helped me because I am disabled, I have learning disabilities that make reading difficult and this helped a lot. If it were a one time charge of, say 10-20$ I would be a lot more comfortable paying for this. This is a great extension that I'm sure others will get great use out of.
- (2020-03-29, v:2.10.4) -.-: not working
I have allowed access to file URLs in the settings, but the pdfs do not load. Instead an error saying: "PDF.js v1.1.678 (build: 63b9112d) Message: Unexpected server response (0) while retrieving PDF " appears. Can you fix this?
- (2020-03-19, v:2.10.4) Taylor: How do i get rid of this
I thought this would be useful for students so i installed but now ive deleted the extension and its still turning my text colours. how do i get rid of it???
- (2019-07-20, v:2.9.0) Craig Mares: 99 cent discount was charged as 22.00
The plugin offered a .99 cent discount and charged me 22.00, I have submitted several inquiries through the website contact info page and have heard nothing back. I need to be refunded the 21$ and charged only the 99 cents that was in the sale price. Thank you, Craig Mares
- (2019-04-18, v:2.7.2) 王轲: With auto-color disabled, cannot enter clean mode with Option + C
Clean mode can only be accessed through the `Activate Beeline in Clean Mode` button when auto-color is disabled, not the shortcut. However, when it is enabled, there is no problem accessing it through shortcut. Unchecked runtime.lastError: Cannot find menu item with id beelineReadability P.S. I think this extension should have a *manual-color* shortcut too, that acts just like the `auto-color` (not clean mode) but only when activated manually. I don't like to leave the `auto-color` on, but I wish I could manually color a page when I want to.
- (2018-12-04, v:2.5.1) Sara Miller: Trial not loading
I bought lifetime subscription from Stack Social and have tried to download a few times. I finally installed the ext on Chrome. It is not downloading. Please advise.
- (2018-10-10, v:2.4.3) Tammy Hansen Snell: subscription purchased but it still says I'm in a trial mode
I purchased a lifetime subscription - but this does not seem to be registering because I keep getting info that I am in a trial mode only.
- (2018-10-10, v:2.4.3) Danny Bindschusz: The free trial is not working on my Chromebooks. Is this a known issue?
I have pushed out the free app to a few users to test this app. When logging into a Chromebook the Beeline app will just hang when opening it up. However, The same user can log onto a windows computer and the extension will load fine.
- (2018-10-06, v:2.4.3) Not Running
This started about a month back but since I wasn't using my computer it wasn't much of an issue, now it is: 1. My Beeline extension for Chrome doesn't color anything at all- I have the annual plan membership and the account details (when I could open them) confirmed this. The options for coloring were all grayed out- this is for any and all websites 2. The menu/settings drop down does not open anymore, it just constantly loads
- (2018-10-05, v:2.4.3) Pawel Walenda: After removing cookies, cannt recover my annual subsciption
Hi, today morning I bought 1yr license and few minutes ago I clean my cookies files. Now I have only trial version, and when I go Pro and I click on Sign up, you ask me to pay once again. How can I recover my subsription?
- (2018-09-23, v:2.4.3) How can I terminate the annual subscription?
How can I terminate the annual subscription? Thanks.
- (2018-08-30, v:2.4.1) Erin Ballman: 2 week trial
I see that the extension is now subscription based...I can't seem to find information about what is available following the trial. Please advise.
- (2018-08-26, v:2.4.1) jonathan rosenberg: not working on my gmail
Hi, for some reason my gmails are not being beelined.