Get your favorite Google sites a new coat of paint. Update their look with Material Design
Ink for Google improves the look of well-known Google websites like Search, Gmail and Calendar. It unifies them under the guidelines defined by the Material Design team at Google. Ink takes inspiration from the visual style of Android apps and their newest websites to create a better and consistent experience across all of these services. Ink currently works on most Google websites, even websites which already have material design. On those websites, it improves the design to better match the guidelines. This extension requires the permission to read and change your data on google.com sites to make the visual changes. See something that you think needs a visual tweak? Click the Ink icon to send us some feedback or to report a bug.
- (2019-09-14) Marco Colonna: Does this extension still work for someone? 14/09/2019
- (2019-07-12) Mikey Kuplevatsky: This extension literally changes NOTHING. At least not since Google started to re-design their own products, what with the new Gmail and Drive. YouTube, Gmail, Drive, etc. This extension seems defective, but it used to work perfectly, before Google did their own redesigning based on the new Gmail. Shame, as I used to love Ink.
- (2019-04-16) Sorin-Mihai Oprea: Extension is for Google websites. Has message "This site is not supported" on every Google website.
- (2019-01-31) 20cypek10: To niedziała Gmaila.
- (2019-01-14) Wing Hong Chan: It works well on the sites that need it. Looks much like the new Google theme for material design, and updates arrive quickly after Google changes something on another site. However, some customisation options would be nice, as there is currently only an on/off switch for individual sites.
- (2019-01-12) Praveen M: Just became the worst extension I have installed! Material Theme is some atrocious, disgusting design. It lacks greys, shadows, colour and not to mention those hideous outlined icons. Oh yeah - there's also Google Sans which I detest. Material Design was beautiful while it was still around. It's a shame to see Ink for Google not try to keep Material Design. It's a shame I have to uninstall it. The developer also seems to not respond to my questions. Google Contacts looked and worked perfectly until it got Material Theme. Same with Google Keep, Google News, Google Photos, Google Drive and Gmail. Google Search has Material Theme but thankfully it's performance is still great. YouTube thankfully still has Material Design but it's performance is absolute trash (an understatement tbh). I use YouTube without Polymer (aka Material Design) but it's performance was just terrible and even the layout got worse. Ink for Google made YouTube look great and work great. This was my favourite extension.
- (2018-12-16) Stacey Anderson: Since it doesn't seem to be so useful now, I would love it if this extension added the ability to customise which colours we wanted for "material" design.. theming Google services would be amazing. I absolutely despise Material Design colours..
- (2018-10-10) 庄引: 创意完美
- (2018-09-06) SOLVEALLPROBLEMS: doesnt do anything, vote this extension down ratings are too high for doing nothing
- (2018-06-29) José Landaverde: Must have.
- (2018-06-07) Lorne Wolf MacKenzie: Started using a few other apps by this Developer so when saw this thought it might be interesting. EXCEPT am not sure what it is doing if anything at all...Am missing something I am sure...
- (2018-06-02) SECRET SUPERSTAR: i like it
- (2018-05-26) Aiva Light: It doesn't work! tried with Google Drive and Photos.
- (2018-04-28) Michał Sołowiński: Not working for Gmail
- (2018-04-25) NOT compatible with the new Gmail layout. Hopefully gets disabled before too many switches over.
- (2018-04-02) Pablo ruetsch: Excellent mais ne fonctionne que sur gmail pour ma part sur Chrome 65
- (2018-03-27) Тинн Шотянем: Ничего не изменяет! Вероятно потому, что не запрашивает доступ. Как сделать что-бы доступ запросился? Nothing changes! Probably because it does not request access. How to make something access requested? [ggl tslt]
- (2018-03-09) Thomas Colin: Ink for youtube doesn't work anymore, it just work for the parameters tab .
- (2018-02-27) Edmund Leibert III: Does exactly what I need.
- (2018-02-25) Carl Johnson: This needs to be updated. PLEASE!!
- (2018-02-20) Brad Wicks: I put this on and it made no difference to Google calendar. am I missing something, Have it enabled on the page, but it did nothing at all??????????????????????
- (2018-01-21) Guillermo Gosalvez: Lo mejor de lo mejor. Ya comenzaba a hacer falta esta aplicación.
- (2018-01-15) ممتازه جدا
- (2017-12-12) Zayn Ashraff: Evverything was fine and all until Youtube received a full redesign. Which led to the app being of no use for YT. However if this is fixed i'd be glad to see the day. Aside from that all good with other google apps.
- (2017-10-23) José Miguel Bolívar: Cada día mejor