Browse Wikipedia guilt free!
There are many reasons you might not like the donation calls to action on Wikipedia. * Jimmy Wales made fun of your mother at a pub one time * You already donated and are still being bothered on a different computer * They promised they'd only ask for one week but they're still bugging you about it * You're cheap bastard and want all of the world's info at your fingertips FO FREE Whatever your reason, this extension removes those annoying fundraising prompts all over Wikipedia so you can browse without guilt!
- (2022-01-22) lotan bar: I don't mind the requests for donation by Wikipedia. I installed the extention and rated 5 stars only because the title of the extention is hilarious.
- (2019-12-08) Nicholas Boyle: Basically useless. For some reason the developer thought it would be a good idea to have have a popup say "Removing wikipedia fundraising..." every time you open a Wikipedia page. You have to click okay to make it go away. That completely defeats the purpose of the extension. I might as well delete the extension and click "Maybe later" every time a donation alert comes up. You can look at the source code of this extension and see the problem on line 18 of remove-cta.js. The line that ruins the extension is `window.alert("Removing wikipedia fundraising...");`. My review would be 5 stars without this one line. I think I'll write my own extension that does the exact same thing but without this one line.
- (2015-12-17) William Garrison: It works, but shows a pop-up of its own in exchange. Why even bother?
- (2015-12-03) zac sipling: its ok
- (2015-07-18) Ben Gaskin: Very useful, shows a splash screen and you have to click OK or press enter... So, much better than vanilla Wikipedia experience (can click through donation-request) ad much faster, but not perfect... Feature request: an option to run without showing the splash screen at all.