Play legacy media in modern browsers without plugins.
NoPlugin is the missing compatibility layer for modern web browers, allowing you to view most legacy content designed for browser plugins like Adobe Flash, QuickTime, and Windows Media Player. All browsers have phrased out the use of browser plugins, due to performance and security problems, so NoPlugin was created to maintain some compatibility with outdated/archived sites. NoPlugin searches webpages for embedded plugin objects and converts them into native player elements, wherever possible. If the content can't be played in-browser (e.g. most Flash embeds), NoPlugin will help you download the file and play it in a separate application. NoPlugin is open source under the GPL license. Its code is available here: https://github.com/corbindavenport/noplugin
- (2019-07-05) Jens Lincke: does not play quicktime as advertised
- (2019-01-13) Jack Scobey: I love the concept of this. It's greatly needed, and I thank you for creating it.
- (2019-01-13) Joé P.: Only problem i experienced is that it misses the option to play mov files directly in the browser instead of downloading them first. But it maybe also the fault of the Website which I used for testing. (http://www.embryology.ch/anglais/pcardio/popupcardio/video/herzprofil.html)
- (2018-08-16) Riza sativa: test
- (2018-05-23) M Maslakowski: This plugin was very useful for viewing supplemental content for academic websites such as Person or online safety tests. Plugin does exactly what it is supposed to do. Understandably you're not going to get every site to work considering it can't anticipate every format but generally speaking you should be satisfied.
- (2018-03-02) Sandi Režonja: Dont know how to get it to work, not enough explanations.
- (2017-11-30) Djibril Rocky: good
- (2017-06-11) Will Partridge: Works exactly as described. It doesn't affect all websites but that isn't to be expected - when it works, it works perectly. It's also surprisingly lightweight using only about 35MB of RAM.
- (2017-06-08) Eric Ahnell: It does exactly what it says it does: Plays media files in the browser that it supports (that aren't inside a container), and offers to download other media. It's definitely not perfect - what software is? - but for its intended purpose, it works well. Remember, the fact that it can't handle things like GZIPped MP3 files isn't it's fault - blame the site for that.
- (2017-05-14) Fertrem Trem: Doesn't work.
- (2017-04-28) DIEGO ROMERO: no sirve
- (2017-04-12) Alvin Anil: Not Working with Quicktime ( waste of time )
- (2017-03-30) Finn Leijen: Works for me!
- (2017-03-05) Cain Brogan: zurbit
- (2017-02-27) Greg Donald: Does not work.
- (2017-02-25) Hardik Lakhalani: Not Working with QuickTIme Videos
- (2017-02-22) Bogumil M: Not working
- (2017-02-17) Alessandro P: this crap is useless
- (2017-02-11) Tracy Carley: Can't use it for quicktime which is the only reason I dl'ed it.
- (2017-02-09) Mike Ajala: Honestly, this sucks so bad that I'm deleting it 4 minutes after installing it.
- (2017-02-06) Filip Modrzejewski: Nie działa :)
- (2017-02-05) Terry Pitt-Brooke: I asked for a plugin to play quicktime files; the blurb on the web store said it would play quicktime files, but now, along with everyone else, I find that it doesn't. Bait and switch.
- (2017-01-23) Everton Telles: not work
- (2017-01-18) Morten Kjærsrud: whats the point in an extension that can only play what the browser already can?
- (2016-11-19) Janey Nice: Unable to download a quicktime video, able to watch it but when tried to download got message "Failed - no file" - the video was a craft video I needed to download onto a cd to use it.
- (2020-06-18, v:6.2) IKETOONS: Not working
I can't run quicktime videos. can you fix it?
- (2017-10-24, v:4.0) thegamer7383: Games
Does it work with games? if it can, the game is not working
- (2017-03-21, v:3.0) Norma Estela Romano: Quick Time
No puedo usar quick time en google chrome
- (2017-02-12, v:3.0) Daniel Blauser: NoPlugin
cannot even get it to open
- (2016-12-30, v:2.2) Nick Basso: Quicktime won't play in a web page
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the correct add-in for my needs or not. It does not seem to work for me. I wanted something that would allow play of an embedded quick-time in a web page. In my case, the web page is part of a static GUI interface on a web server in a security camera. When I log into the camera's GUI, to view the camera it has to run some embedded QuickTime player or code, I don't really understand it). Anyway, I added your add-in plugin but nothing happens. The mfg of the camera has no plans to change or make any updates to the built in web page. I hope I explained that right. What do you think? p.s. I'm always impressed by people\groups such as yourself who provide plugins for free...and equally amazed that people complain or trash the developers when it does not do what they want?! What's wrong with people? Thanks, Nick [email protected]
- (2016-04-22, v:1.1) Would not play video
Does it only work with certain versions of QuickTime videos? I installed the extension and loaded a QuickTime video, and the video wouldn't load (same as before I installed the extension) or give me any option to download the file. Even tried force refresh, turning off AdBlock, and trying in incognito mode, no change.
- (2016-04-07, v:1.1) Gonçalo Manuel Pires Pombo de Sá Machado: Not WORKING
Its not working, no program and no instructions. I downloaded the program and its not usable
- (2016-02-23, v:1.1) Dawn Jarmon: RE: Quickchrome
does not work and I can not uninstall.
- (2016-01-20, v:1.0) Nicklaus Luttrell: Will not work
When I downloaded QuickChrome, for an extension, I couldn't find it anywhere and can't figure out how to use it and access it.
- (2016-01-04, v:1.0) Burton Posey: Content that gets put alongside movies on pages
Pretty great start! I will say that you might want to do something else with the information that you put alongside the Quicktime content on a page. See this page for an example. http://www.soundingames.com/index.php?title=Patapon . I can't read what was there on the page before the plugin went into effect and I can't read what the plugin is saying either. I had to blind feel to one of the buttons to download the movie. Maybe a hover dialog is more appropriate? One of the features I really like about the HoverZoom extension are the keyboard shortcuts. When I mouse over something, I can hit a shortcut and download it or open it in a new tab. Anyways, keep up the great work! -A fellow Atlantan :)