An extension adding Vim-like bindings to Google Chrome
Vim for Google Chrome. Why is this different than Vimium, ViChrome, or Vrome? These extensions do a wonderful job of adding Vim-like keybindings to Google Chrome, but they lack many of the features that Firefox Addon, Pentadactyl, have. What features does cVim add to Chrome? - Google/IMDB/Wikipedia/Amazon/Duckduckgo/Yahoo/Bing search completion - Support for custom search engines - History and Bookmark search/completion with bookmark folder support - Caret/Visual mode - Efficient link hints (with support for custom mappings) - Support for custom keyboard mappings - Regex page search with highlighting - Command bar with tab-completion - Smooth scrolling Updated in 2021 to fix recent shadowDOM bug. A help guide can be found at: https://github.com/1995eaton/chromium-vim/blob/master/README.md You can also find the guide in the settings page Want to suggest/add new features or notify me of a bug? Add in issue/pull request to https://github.com/1995eaton/chromium-vim or send me an email at [email protected]
- (2022-03-16) AG de Haan: Console feature is great.
- (2021-10-07) Rafał Szurkiewicz: So Cool :D
- (2021-09-04) Victor Navarro: Truly amazing
- (2021-08-17) ce ce: Unfortunately didn't get to really use it because as soon as installed went to https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/ and the Ctrl+B (Bold) key commands become unusable; Also Ctrl+H (Find & Replace) key commands highlight various sections. Yes you can temporarily disable the extension HOWEVER that defeats the purpose and kind of a real pain if you're switching between tabs. SUGGESTION Fix this in Google Spreadsheets (did not check Google Docs) and also refrain from altering basic word processing keyboard commands and at least make an options/settings page with the option to disable on certain domains, subdomains and specific URLs. Without this being fixed this extension is basically useless to me. I can only give 3 stars as I'm sure it works well for plain old surfing around the web but once you're having to write something it overrides those basic commands people use pretty much each and every day if not multiple times a day. Please fix and will update rating.
- (2021-05-10) Evgenij Beloded: Great extension. But I see it is causing an error to show up in the console: Unchecked runtime.lastError: The message port closed before a response was received.
- (2021-03-19) Church Guy: nice
- (2020-11-18) Seunghun Thomas Lee: This extension is broken with the latest releases of Chrome. It should be removed from the store. See discussion at https://github.com/1995eaton/chromium-vim/issues/725
- (2020-04-13) Xudong Huo: There is a BUG that 'The message port closed before a response was received. '
- (2020-03-31) It works great! I can do pretty much everything I ever wanted to, the best thing is that you can enter visual mode and search and select wherever you want. Experiencing this extension is like touching real vim for chrome. However, I've been having an issue recently. I just can't open links with the latest update from google chrome, not sure if it's only me or if it's an issue for everyone. Also, I cannot scroll as always in all pages, looks like somehow the pages don't allow me to do that anymore. My specs: * Linux mint 19 (Tara) * Google Chrome - version 80.0.3987.149 (Official Build) (64-bit) (not chromium)
- (2020-03-25) Václav Votípka: Unfortunately it does not work well since chrome 80 and the project seems to be abandoned. See https://github.com/1995eaton/chromium-vim/issues/716
- (2020-03-24) 陆猷: 今天突然发现CVIM的F，f不能用了。别的像是j,k,gg都能用。大家有发生类似的情况吗？是chrome更新造成的？还是插件冲突？我试着禁用过几个可能导致冲突的插件，问题依旧。
- (2020-03-13) Oleksandr I. Ivankov: Great extention! Have a problem with the keys for fast navigation on page such as "f"-key. doesn't work. Could you help me with it?
- (2020-03-10) Liu Neo: 出bug了，同样是按f键Vimium1.66可以给链接打标签，现在cVim1.2.99不行了，而且控制台还报错。 Unchecked runtime.lastError: The message port closed before a response was received.
- (2020-03-01) Павел Туменбаев: It's sad, that author abandoned this extension. If you still want to use it, you need to install it manualy from some fork, that contains fix for chrome, like this one for example https://github.com/exialin/chromium-vim
- (2020-02-26) ark M: F键api过时不能使用了，作者大大什么时候更新下
- (2020-02-15) Hulla Dek: Wondering why "F" working on youtube but ain't working anywhere else.
- (2020-02-12) Endre Bakken Stovner: Not updated anymore; buggy
- (2020-02-12) frost he: 不知道为什么，现在的f键是i真的失灵了......
- (2020-02-12) Sting: 为什么按f和F没有快捷键的提示了？
- (2020-02-08) 黄武: keybindings to linkhints is not working on Chrome Version 80.0.3987.87
- (2020-02-07) Jia Shi: Doesn't work with Chrome Version 80.0.3987.87 (Official Build) (64-bit), it was working with Version 79.x
- (2020-01-30) Grand Silence: Лучшее среди всех аналогов. Придумано гением!
- (2020-01-16) Kan Cheng: Very clear man page, easy to setup. Thanks!
- (2019-12-28) 曹Rexus: 非常不错的一款插件 用起来就是爽~
- (2019-12-27) Łukasz Kamiński: Reasonably simple and fast!
- (2019-12-12) Bonly H: alway issus in the debug console: Unchecked runtime.lastError: The message port closed before a response was received.
- (2019-10-29) David: I found cVim too much work to configure. It was like learning vim all over again. I'm checking out Vimium and Surfingkeys instead.
- (2019-10-21) Curtis Shimamoto: I depend on this extension, and have trouble functioning while using Chrome/Chromium based browsers on other people's machines. But I've been that way for a while, since I was a longtime Pentadactyl and Vimprobable user. Neither of those are around anymore, so I've switched to alternatives. Cvim really whips the llama's @ss!
- (2019-09-23) Forrest Lyu: cVim REALLY helps me a lot! Thanks bro.
- (2019-09-09) Xiansheng Cai: What a pity there's no emacs competitor
- (2019-09-05) milmed: vimiumより機能が豊富で不安定になることもありません。 検索の視認性も良く、リンク先をオンマウスで選択することも出来るのでvimiumから乗り換えました。 設定ファイルをgistsを使って同期できるのも便利です。
- (2019-09-01) Yunus Emre Işık: I have to hit command line keys twice since Chromium Version 76.0.3809.132 (Official Build) Arch Linux (64-bit)
- (2019-07-17) lulumimi baba: Awesome extension! Really love it. Recently found that in some pages, have to press twice of / to start search since Chrome v74.
- (2019-06-19) Jamie Popkin: Very intuitive if you've used VIM before. Works great in Brave.
- (2019-06-10) JW JW: I am finding it useful but I do not understand two letter link hints. On my email page I hit f and all the links have double letters. If one is TW I try T then W, hold down T and hit W, and press T and W together. None of these works. Also there are references to quickmarks but I cannot see a definition anywhere. I think the documentation makes assumptions about users' prior knowledge.
- (2019-05-09) Noel Woods: This essentially makes me hate my MX Master 2S. That's the highest praise I have. Cheers for making one of the best extensions I've ever used.
- (2019-04-27) Simon God: that's amazing adds
- (2019-03-04) roch: makes chrome more tolerable, ty.
- (2019-03-02) Алексей Фирсов: Суперское приложение! 5 балов! Пожелание к разработчикам: а вы могли бы сделать так, чтобы нажатие клавиш было бы актуально для включение другой раскладки клавиатуры. Т.е. если включена русская раскладка то cvim не работает, приходится с начало поменять раскладку, ввести команду, и потом вернуть раскладку.
- (2019-01-30) 墙外有强: 快捷高效。特意学习了js来看源代码。
- (2019-01-09) Sean Engelhart: Totally changes how I use my browser. Very powerful & would highly recommend.
- (2019-01-05) Navalona Ramanantoanina: I give you my first chrome web store review after years using extensions. Love it!
- (2018-12-19) André dos Santos Silva: Excelente! E o melhor e que você pode adapta-lo como quiser! Muito versátil.
- (2018-12-17) Alexander Gurevich: Way more effective and more vim-like than any other vim-bindings extensions
- (2018-11-21) Roland Ohlsson: tested on aftonbladet.se, the indexing of links was very unstable, and the further i went, the worsed it worked, even when i indexed again and again....
- (2018-06-20) Сергей Бурдужа: Скорость работы в браузере увеличилась в разы))
- (2018-06-14) Travis sturzl: Best vim extension. No idea why vimium decided not to include commands.
- (2018-05-03) Ryan Guo: 屌爆了
- (2018-04-08) Chao Lee: best vim mode app for visual mode, easy search, etc
- (2018-03-30) S B: I hate using the mouse. I have shortcuts for all of my work programs in muscle memory and I thought for sure that web applications/websites would be forever doomed to the mouse. cVim makes using the internet what it was always supposed to be. . . efficient and precise, not meandering and silly.
- (2018-02-20, v:1.2.99) 新晴: why
64 bit chrome crashes
- (2018-02-09, v:1.2.99) Mark Rice: Remove URL
How do I remove an unwanted URL from the command?
- (2018-01-25, v:1.2.99) Sergiy Vusatyi: Non Latin
Yep,not working with non Latin keyboard layouts. Vimium from last version have option "Ignore keyboard layout". Suggest to add this to cVIm.
- (2017-11-06, v:1.2.98) Skylar Bolton: Permissions
Could you provide a reason for each of the permissions that are used?
- (2017-11-01, v:1.2.98) Ruan Müller: Click on page background
I love cVim but i'm using Vimium right now just because they allow to click on the pages backgrounds. This makes Vimium usable in pages like google music or simplenote (wich i use every day), with cVim the scroll don't work in this pages. If i could click on the background of these pages with cVim i will switch to it immediately because i think it is better them Vimium on everything else.
- (2017-10-24, v:1.2.98) Gavin Pennycook: keyboard shortcuts / grid coordinate navigation?
I love the way cVim always you to press f to see key shortcuts which allow you to navigate to all links, text inputs and buttons on a page. This question is off-topic, but does anybody know if a tool in a similar vein exists to display a grid over your whole monitor screen, and allocate alphanumeric coordinates to each cell, allowing you to type 2 keys to click anywhere in the screen? (Dragon NaturallySpeaking's mousegrid does something kind of similar: http://www.nuance.com/products/help/dragon/dragon-for-mac/enx/Content/Navigation/MouseGrid.html)
- (2017-10-10, v:1.2.97) john fred: jk scrolling
It would be awesome if 'j' and 'k' scrolling has a smooth transition when scrolling. just like in vimuim
- (2017-09-12, v:1.2.96) Eddie S.: cVim Welcome tab
Hi, first of, thanks for this great extension. There is a small problem that I have. Every time after opening a new Chrome window, the cVim Welcome site pops up in a new tab, saying "Welcome to cVim! Here's everything you need to know" Is it possible to somehow disable this? Thanks in advance
- (2017-08-03, v:1.2.93) Bimbo Fly: scrolloff
set scrolloff=x Would be handy when searching. Now i see the match in last (first in reverse) line, so have to use zz to see the context of this match. Cheers
- (2017-07-27, v:1.2.93) UIM 0nly PvP: 'f' key is opening new tab
Steps to reproduce: open browser to google home page search for "foobar," press keystroke 'f' and choose the appropriate link with mouse event pop ups. After the event fires, it opens the link in a new tab; rather than, opening the link in the current tab.