Replaces the New Tab page with a blank one.
For those that want a completely blank New Tab page without any content. BOOKMARKS BAR Normally, Chrome displays the Bookmarks Bar on the New Tab page if you have "Show Bookmarks Bar" set to off in Chrome Bookmarks Settings. This extension will not display a Bookmarks Bar and is completely empty. If you want a blank New Tab page that still retains the Bookmarks Bar, please install this extension instead: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/iebfiakfbpekhnkildaeeffdoolcbigi PROBLEMS & FEEDBACK If you experience any problems or errors with this extension, please use the 'Support' tab to submit a report and I'll work to get it fixed as quickly as I can. CHANGELOG 1.0.5 - Added author to extension manifest. 1.0.4 - Updated icon. 1.0.3 - Added new icons. 1.0.2 - Verbiage changes. 1.0.1 - Verbiage changes. 1.0.0 - First stable release.
- (2020-03-18) oskar lindqvist: no distractions
- (2020-03-06) Dmitri Lau: This is a really useful extension and Google should make it the default. Really a must-have for new users.
- (2020-02-15) Kerry O'Connor: great, but how do i get the dark bg page ?
- (2020-01-31) Jon McClay: Thank you, Nick Vogt. This simple extension brought me more joy than watching The Last Jedi, which I also loved.
- (2019-12-19) Name Last Name: would be perfect if you could customize the color, which is why I only give 4/5 stars, this extension only uses 15 MB of memory. the default "New tab" in chrome uses 90 MB... and is most likely spying on you.
- (2019-12-06) Rubén Santiago: It do what it is supposed to do, a blank new tab.
- (2019-10-09) Job Ma: 选项根本点不开 不能自定义新窗口地址
- (2019-06-26) Steven Ross: This is great at removing the recently used thumbnails. If this extension had an option to show the bookmarks bar on new tabs also, that would make this extension even better and 5 stars.
- (2019-05-16) Patrick Caezza: I have used this extension for years. Why chrome doesn't have this great feature built in is beyond me.
- (2019-05-11) Friimynd Obliviat: great, but i'd like black instead of white and i don't use google, i use ddg in the url/search box google is evil, sry
- (2018-12-31) Moh Farawati: Best extension ever. Exactly what I was looking for.
- (2018-11-29) Carol DeLis: YAY!!! PERFECT!!!! Eliminates also that stupid "about.blank" which I have to get RID of to put in where I want to go. THANK YOU, Nick!
- (2018-11-17) Chris woolly: Works a treat - simple, quick and pain-free!
- (2018-11-12) it works, unlike other so called "New Tab" extensions i've tried - thanks!
- (2018-09-09) Julian Montague: Does exactly what it says: gives you a blank page for new tabs.
- (2018-09-03) Brilliant,just what i needed.Thanks
- (2018-07-11) dodz: thanks
- (2018-05-27) kei-kei gordon: good
- (2018-05-13) 남성류정호: 잘쓰개요^^
- (2018-04-10) Mark Mitchell: love it. hate google's thumbnails. thanks Nick.
- (2018-03-15) Niko Cheung: Perfect for me. I am a minimalist.
- (2018-02-24) Shatanik Chakraborty: Useful plugin. Highly recommend it.
- (2018-02-14) Phillip Evans: I'm sorry, I only wanted my new tabs to be blank. I didn't want a blank page when I open Chrome.
- (2017-12-22) Sefa İYİ: perfect, thanks... for giving a white page :)
- (2017-12-21) Michael Costa: Just wanted a clean new tab page- works great. Thank you!
- (2019-11-19, v:1.0.5) Ryan Penney: "OPTION" Doesn't work
Can you try to fix this issue
- (2019-06-14, v:1.0.5) Eddie Parker: Dark Tab
Is there any way to make this new tab all black? I love the idea but it's glaring compared to everything else in my dark theme.
- (2019-05-05, v:1.0.5) Wade Dorrell: Please consider setting <title> of the blank new tab "New tab"
I think it'd be cleaner if new tabs did not get the default "chrome://newtab" or "edge://newtab" title. I think you can do that by adding enough DOM to n.html that you can include <title>? I'd recommend "New tab" be the title.
- (2019-02-28, v:1.0.5) stop
please get rid of this
- (2018-09-25, v:1.0.5) Pee Dee: mechanism of function?
Hi - does this just use CSS to hide elements (or some other hiding mechanism) or actually stop them from loading? My issue is that sites that require paramaters to load pages for security reasons, show up on my chrome tab screen without the parameter which causes the firewall on the remote end to block the user. I need to be able to not load the remote page thumbnail at all. Thanks for the deets.
- (2018-07-27, v:1.0.5) "Options" is greyed out
I'm trying to change my new tab page but the "options" menu option within this extension is greyed out. Any idea why?
- (2018-07-27, v:1.0.5) "Options" is greyed out
I'm trying to change my homepage but the "options" menu option is greyed out. Any idea why?
- (2018-03-29, v:1.0.5) Valerie Hill: help-how do i type a document
I'm trying to find a way to type on a blank document, save & print
- (2018-03-16, v:1.0.5) 404 error
The link to the version that shows the bookmarks bar is now a 404 error.
- (2017-12-11, v:1.0.5) Lisa H.: Version with bookmarks bar?
What happened to the version that showed the bookmarks bar? The link provided in the description is now a 404 error.