Simple tool for generating strong and secure passwords
With this extension you can easily generate strong and secure passwords. You can specify password length and used chars (lowercase, uppercase, numbers or custom). Generated password you can copy directly to your clipboard, or generate more of them and copy them all at one time (or select only which of them you want). Changelog: Version 1.0 (October 10, 2010): - first release Version 1.1 (October 12, 2010): - some minor fixes - added Czech translation (extension is now fully localizable) Version 1.2 (October 14, 2010): - added option to randomize password length - customized generator settings are now remembered on close Version 1.3 (October 24, 2010): - added option to define custom characters for password generation - maximum password length increased to 128 Version 1.3.1 (October 24, 2010): - fixed typo Version 1.3.2 (October 31, 2010): - some minor fixes Version 1.3.3 (April 7, 2011): - added ability to select/deselect/invert selection of passwords in the list - jQuery library updated to latest version - some minor fixes Version 1.4 (April 9, 2011): - added "Clear list" option - some code optimalization Version 1.5 (July 1, 2011): - added confirmation dialog to Clear list action - added Options tab - added Option to remember password history (default is off) Version 1.5.5 (February 4, 2012): - added Simplified Chinese translation (thanks to 陆晨强) Version 1.6 (September 15, 2012): - added Spanish translation (thanks to Emmanuel Allende) - added German translation (thanks to Kevin Risnyj) - jQuery library updated to latest version - some code optimalization and bugfixes Translations: If you would like to help this extension translate to your language, please post your contact detail to discusion below.
- (2021-02-03) snow: very powerful, thank you for this tool
- (2020-11-24) Shawn Green: Best stand alone password generator.
- (2020-11-06) stephen woolley: Does what it says, good enough for me
- (2020-07-13) Mark Grenville: Used to work really well.. Now when I click it.. nothing happens... uninstalled
- (2020-02-20) baxenko: Приложение хорошо оформлено и полезное. Но какой в нем толк, если при указании использовать в пароли цифры (политика безопасности) расширение часто генерирует пароль без этих самих цифр. А генерация должна учитывать обязательное применение выбранных типов символов.
- (2020-01-15) Markus Elsner: does not use special chars
- (2020-01-08) Rudolph Terblanche: Would have given it a 5 if it just copied the password it generated to my clipboard when I click on the icon in Chrome. Bit of a pain to have to open it every time and generate and copy the password.
- (2019-11-26) Bruno Silva: I found some bug -> '&' char is copied as "&" instead of the char when I click on copy password. Verify -> select only custom, add '&', select length 1, click generate and click copy and paste it somewhere.
- (2019-11-25) TP 222: Great extension. An option to start with a letter would make it perfect.
- (2019-10-19) Mark Grenville: Used to love it. Doesn't work properly anymore. When I click generate.. Nothing happens. Will change back to 5 stars if this is fixed.
- (2019-10-11) Guillermo Tell: Me gusta para generar las contraseñas ,.. asi que no hace falta repetiendola sin servir,...con eso se buscan las mas dificiles,... y se copia un lugar seguro, no les dejes recordarla por su seguridad.
- (2019-10-03) Adam Bużko: replaces html reserved characters (ie. &<>) into encoded form (ie. &<>)
- (2019-09-14) Efe Ürün: İzin istemeyen güzel bir password generator. Olmazsa olmaz.
- (2019-07-18) deppen haufen: Super! Unterstützt alles was man braucht. Auch Sonderzeichen
- (2019-07-13) Sreep Yeldarb: Should add more characters in the 'custom' field - like: [email protected]#$%^&*
- (2019-05-05) Rami El-Ashi: please contact me: [email protected]
- (2018-11-27) Сергей Белов: Good!
- (2018-11-08) Rick Kukiela: Works pretty good but there is a bug concerning & characters. When you copy a generated password that has an & sign it will actually copy & in place of every single &.
- (2018-10-18) Emil Atanasov: Amazing
- (2018-10-09) Mc2: Thank you so much for adding this, I do have to admit that sometimes I do have struggles when coming up with passwords because I use so many! Now that I have this add-on, I won't have to worry about coming up with a password of my own, thanks!
- (2018-09-11) J C: If you specify for the password to have special characters or uppercase/lowercase letters you would have to click a few times until getting a password with that specification. I would expect that it would always include those characters if I checked them.. If you click off the extension you lose the password too
- (2018-08-15) KenPatrick Prospere: It works well, very well.
- (2018-08-09) salvatore Naitana: het is een prima password generator.
- (2018-06-27) Rodrigo Sambade Saá: Extensión realmente útil, usada junto a Google Passwords y Google Sync, para tener las contraseñas encriptadas y sincronizadas en todos los dispositivos Android.
- (2017-10-22) ハイライトコメント: good
- (2017-10-21) Ingooon: scamed me
- (2017-09-28) Umut Erol Kaçar: Olması gerektiği gibi olan yazılımlardan. İyi ki var.
- (2017-05-22) Jason Statham: Very easy,very good.
- (2017-05-16) Martijn Grendelman: Missing a hotkey to activate the extension via keyboard. When extension popup is active, an extra unnecessary click on the 'generate' button is needed to generate a password. In short: this extension is not very efficient.
- (2017-05-15) Dean Pierce: perfect, exactly what I was looking for :-)
- (2017-03-19) Steffen Schmidt: Einfach zu bedienen, kein schnick schnack. Empfehlenswert
- (2017-03-19) Rafael Seraziev: простенький генератор
- (2017-03-12) Neale Pickett: It's not as pretty as it could be, but it's the best one in the Chrome store.
- (2018-03-28, v:1.6) Sean Buckley: Password Quality Issue
There is a logic bug in this password generator. When generating passwords, the first and last allowed characters appear half as often as the rest. For example, if you generate a password with only numbers, "0" will appear, on average, half as often as "1". As of version 1.6, the bug is in control.js: line 61.
- (2017-10-11, v:1.6) Deus ex machina: Mnemonic passwords and exclusion
Hello, Thank you for very useful extension. Couple of suggestions - Please add exclusion for similar charaters - lI0O - please add mnemonic password generation to be able to pass it by voice Thank you.
- (2017-10-02, v:1.6) Claudio Mezzasalma: Sometimes custom characters are not used
I'm using lowercase, uppercase, numbers and custom characters with these symbols: @$#! and 16 characters length. Sometimes I only get passwords with uppercase, lowercase and numbers; it looks like the custom ones are ignored. I couldn't reproduce this consistently anyway...
- (2017-02-27, v:1.6) Alvin Lin: Exclude Similar Characters
Please add an option to exclude similar characters, for example: "i, l, 1, L, o, 0, O"
- (2016-09-27, v:1.6) Oleg Lavrov: about length !
Why i cant type a number of length !? manually
- (2016-09-02, v:1.6) Dan Valentine: HTML encoding
If a password is generated with an ampersand, highlighting the password and copying it works correctly but using the copy to clipboard button replaces the & with &
- (2016-09-02, v:1.6) Dan Valentine: Password length
Sometimes passwords generated are much shorter than requested. I'll ask for 18 and get 2 characters for example.
- (2016-08-22, v:1.6) Valentino Giudice: Password length
Very often, generated passwords are not of the length I specify, but they are longer. Whileas this is not a big deal, it would be nice if they were the same size as I specify.
- (2016-06-19, v:1.6) Ido Akov: שחזור סיסמא ל watsup
לחידוש וואטסאפ נדרשתי לתת סיסמא ל[email protected] הסיסמא שנתתי לא התקבלה. אנא חדשו סיסמא עבורי. מאיר וינשטיין
- (2016-02-02, v:1.6) Michal Palczewski: How do we know this extension doesn't send the generated passwords elsewhere
How do we know this extension doesn't send the generated passwords elsewhere