Save a complete web page (as curently displayed) as a single HTML file that can be opened in any browser.
CHANGES Version 27.0 • User interface re-implemented to avoid conflicts with web page content security policies. • Minor bug fix. OVERVIEW Save Page WE provides a simple facility to save a web page (as currently displayed) as a single HTML file that can be opened in any browser. The saved page is a highly accurate representation of the original page. Multiple pages can be saved either by selecting multiple tabs or by loading a list of page URLs. Save Page WE is implemented using the WebExtensions API and is available for both Firefox and Chrome with identical functions and user interfaces. If used with Print Edit WE, Save Page WE now requires Print Edit WE 26.1 or later for full compatibility. OPTIONS PAGE The Save Page WE Options page can be accessed as follows: • Firefox - Right-click on the toolbar button, select Manage Extension, click on the ••• button and select Options. • Chrome - Right-click on the toolbar button, and then select Options. TOOLBAR BUTTON After installation of Save Page WE, there will be a new blue 'floppy-disk' button on the main toolbar. To save the web pages in all of the currently selected tabs file, just click on the Save Page WE toolbar button. There are options to set the button action as: • Save Selected Tabs (Basic, Standard or Custom Items) • Save Listed URLs (Basic, Standard or Custom Items) There is an option to prompt the user to enter comments when saving the file. There is an option to use the new save method, which can save more pages (see the 'Save Methods' section below). There is an option to always show the 'Save As' dialog box when saving a page using the new save method. If this option is not enabled, the 'Save As' dialog box will only be shown if the Firefox 'Downloads' option is set to 'Always ask you where to save files'. There is an option to delay the start of saving until several seconds after the initial page load event, which can be useful with pages that display delayed search results. There is an option to close the tab after saving a page. There are options to specify the format of the saved file name. See the 'Saved File Name' section below. By default the saved HTML file will have a '.html' extension. CONTEXT MENU & BUTTON MENU To save a web page as an HTML file, or to perform operations on a previously saved page, right-click on the page contents to open the context menu, select the 'Save Page WE' sub-menu, and then select one of the menu items: • Save Selected Tabs - Basic, Standard or Custom Items - Basic, Standard or Custom Items with or without Scroll/Shrink • Save Listed URLs - Basic, Standard or Custom Items - Basic, Standard or Custom Items with or without Scroll/Shrink • Cancel Save • View Saved Page Info • Remove Resource Loader • Extract Image/Audio/Video Alternatively, right-click on the Save Page WE toolbar button to open the button menu, and then select one of the menu items. There is an option to show/hide the Save Page WE submenu item on the context menu. Note, the 'Remove Resource Loader' menu item is only shown when viewing a page saved by Save Page WE 15.1 or earlier. Note, the 'Extract Image/Audio/Video' menu item is only shown on the context menu when right-clicking on images in saved pages. KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS To save a web page as an HTML file, press Alt+A. To cancel a single or multiple page save, press Alt+C. These shortcuts can be reconfigured in the Shortcuts tab of the Save Page WE Options page. SAVING MULTIPLE PAGES There are two ways to save multiple pages: • Highlight multiple tabs and then select the 'Save Selected Tabs' menu item. • Load a file containing a list of URLs in the Zoom Page WE Options dialog and then select the 'Save Listed URLs' menu item. When saving multiple pages, tabs are switched to foreground if the load lazy content option is enabled. SAVED ITEMS Save Basic Items - saves these items: • HTML elements • HTML image files (currently displayed) • HTML canvas graphics • CSS style sheets • CSS image files (currently displayed) • CSS font files (used by this browser) Save Standard Items - saves the Basic Items and these items: • HTML image files (all) • HTML audio & video files • HTML object & embed files • CSS font files (woff for any browser) Save Custom Items - saves the Basic Items and the items selected from this list: • HTML image files (all) • HTML audio & video files • HTML object & embed files • CSS image files (all) • CSS font files (woff for any browser) • CSS font files (all) • Scripts (in same-origin frames) Note, scripts in cross-origin frames are never saved. There is an option to load lazy content using two alternative methods: Scroll Page or Shrink Page. There is an option to load lazy images in existing content. There is an option to retain cross-origin frames when saving the page. Note, cross-origin iframes often contain adverts or visitor comments. There is an option to merge duplicate CSS images (to reduce the saved file size). There is an option to allow saved scripts to execute (by default scripts are not allowed to execute). There are options to remove or rehide elements hidden by the page itself or by other extensions, such as page editors (e.g Print Edit WE) or content blockers (e.g. uBlock Origin). There is an option to include an information bar at the top of the saved page. There is an option to include metrics and resource summary in the saved file. There is an option to set the maximum depth of saved nested frames/iframes. SAVED FILE NAME There is an option to specify the format of the saved file name. This format is used when saving the complete page and when extracting a resource (Image/Audio/Video). The saved file name may contain the following predefined fields: • %TITLE% - (saving page) the document title, or if missing same as %FILE%. • %TITLE% - (extracting resource) the same as %FILE%. • %DATE(x)% - saved date in YYYYxMMxDD format, 'x' is optional separator. • %TIME(x)% - saved time in HHxMMxSS format, 'x' is optional separator. • %DATEP(x)% - published date in YYYYxMMxDD format, 'x' is optional separator. • %TIMEP(x)% - published time in HHxMMxSS format, 'x' is optional separator. • %DATEPF(x)% - same as %DATEP(x)%, or if missing falls back to saved date. • %TIMEPF(x)% - same as %TIMEP(x)%, or if missing falls back to saved time. • %HOST% - host name in URL. • %HOSTW% - same as %HOST%, but without 'www.' prefix. • %PATH% - path name in URL. • %PATHW% - same as %PATH%, but without '.extension' suffix. • %FILE% - file name in the last segment of URL path. • %FILEW% - same as %FILE%, but without '.extension' suffix. • %QUERY(p)% - query string in URL if 'p' omitted, else value of parameter 'p'. • %FRAGMENT% - fragment string in URL. There are options to replace spaces in the saved file name with a user-defined character and to set the maximum length of the saved file name. SAVE METHODS Below are some important details about the new and old save methods. Old Save Method: • The default in Version 18.0 or earlier. • Remembers the last save location in both Firefox and Chrome. • Cannot save a few pages (e.g Yahoo) in Chrome 84 or later. • In which case the save will fail without any error messages. • Use the new save method for these pages. New Save Method: • The default in Version 19.0. Optional in Version 20.0 or later. • Remembers the last save location in Firefox 78 or later, but not in Chrome. • Can save all pages. • Other download extensions may change the saved file name to a UUID. • For example "9bd65c08-5f1c-491c-bf61-63d90638bf9e.html". • In which case try uninstalling and reinstalling Save Page WE. • Or use the old save method. CONFIGURING FIREFOX Go to Firefox Main Menu > Tools > Options > General. In the Applications section, set the action for the 'Firefox HTML Document' content type: • Always ask - the 'What should Firefox do with this file?' dialog box will be shown. • Use Firefox - the saved file will be opened in Firefox. • Save File - the action depends on the settings in the Downloads section. In the Downloads section, set the 'Save files to' folder location, and enable or disable the 'Always ask you where to save files' option. LOADING RESOURCES There is an option to set the maximum time allowed for loading a Listed URL. There is an option to set the maximum size allowed for large or repeatedly referenced resources. There is an option to set the maximum time allowed for loading individual resources. There is an option to allow loading of passive mixed content (image,audio,video). There is an option to send a referer header when requesting a resource. The options are: do not send a refer header, send a referer header with origin only, or send a referer header with origin and path (origin only in private browsing). UNSAVED RESOURCES There is an option to show a warning if any resources cannot be saved. There is an option to show a list of all resources that cannot be saved. There is an option to remove URLs of unsaved resources, which avoids unsaved resources being loaded from the internet when the saved page is opened. USING AUTOMATION There is an option to use automation mode, allowing a page to be saved from the command line. If this option is enabled: • When Firefox starts, Save Page WE will be automatically initiated using the current Button Action. • When the save operation is complete, Firefox will be automatically closed. To exit automation mode, immediately after Firefox starts up, use the 'Cancel Save' menu command or keyboard shortcut to cancel the save operation, and then disable the option to use automation. If the Button Action is set to Save Selected Tabs, then all tabs are saved when the use automation option is enabled. The new saved method is always used when the use automation option is enabled. SAVED FILE FORMAT The HTML elements (as currently displayed) and all of the referenced resources are saved in a single file (.html). External CSS style sheets are converted to internal CSS style sheets. Frame contents and external scripts are stored as UTF-8 data URIs in the 'src' attribute. Iframe contents are stored as UTF-8 text in the 'srcdoc' attribute. All binary resources (images, fonts, audios, videos, etc) are stored as Base64 data URIs. CSS images referenced multiple times within a frame will only be stored once in that frame. CSS fonts and HTML images/audios/videos will be stored once for each reference. Note that not all cross-origin frames can be saved. A cross-origin frame will be saved only if all of its cross-origin ancestor frames can run content scripts. Scripts in cross-origin frames are not saved. There is an option to format the HTML source code in the saved file. CONVERSION OF MAF AND UnMHT FILES (.maff & .mht) It is not possible for Save Page WE to do an automatic conversion of a Mozilla Archive Format (.maff or .mht) file or an UnMHT (.mht) file into a Save Page WE (.html) file. Firefox WebExtensions add-ons, such as Save Page WE, are not allowed to read local files. It is recommended to convert .maff/.mht files as follows: • Open the saved .maff/.mht file in Firefox. • Re-save as .htm file (+ resources folder) using Firefox’s “Save Page As...” (Web Page, complete). • Serve the saved .htm file (+ resources folder) through a local web server and open in Firefox. • Re-save using Save Page WE. With regards to a local web server, it is suggested using a Google Chrome App called “Web Server for Chrome” available from the Chrome Web Store: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/web-server-for-chrome/ofhbbkphhbklhfoeikjpcbhemlocgigb Note that, using Firefox 56 and Mozilla Archive Format 5.2.0, it is possible to do a bulk conversion of .maff/.mht files to .htm files (+ resources folders), as described here: http://maf.mozdev.org/index.html. SUPPORT Please e-mail: [email protected] LICENSE Distributed under the GNU General Public License version 2. See LICENCE.txt file and http://www.gnu.org/licenses/
- (2022-01-08) 多多: 很强
- (2021-12-10) Byron J: fantastic! super easy to use.
- (2021-12-08) Kijung Hong: https://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=dcbest&no=33242&page=2 korean most famous website dcinside.com images are not saved.
- (2021-12-01) test 2: this extension is so useful. it saved most of the elements of the webpage on most websites. cool
- (2021-11-14) Tyler K. Barnes: This is a must-have for me. I use it for saving pages that I don't have the time to take notes or get the info from. Or archiving my own pages or other pages that I don't want to bookmark, but have for later perusing. It's also great for saving pages that might be altered or removed; I can keep them safe in my archive. Others have mentioned how this method is better than the 'built-in" method that creates a folder and pulls a ton of files into it. This is a more elegant method.
- (2021-11-01) sɪʀᴜ ʟɪ: amazing try it
- (2021-09-17) jiajun huang: haoyong
- (2021-09-16) Jingzhuang Zhang: 非常好用
- (2021-09-13) 冬天的太阳非常远: very good!
- (2021-09-07) Don Ruchkall: fast but the default save replaced links to videos with images with no links.
- (2021-08-31) Kotlin Shorts: Best one!
- (2021-08-26) Gwendolyn Mccullough: On some special website which disables browser download option, "Save Page WE" got "13 of 116 resources could not be loaded……" warning while "SingleFile" dumps the same site perfectly.
- (2021-08-22) riidom: Works great, much better than website capture extensions, here you can select text and click links, instead of just getting an image wrapped inside a pdf
- (2021-08-14) ca4ll26y: Exactement ce que je cherchais !
- (2021-08-05) Fabio Issamu Oshiro: Just works!
- (2021-07-22) Abhishek Srivastava: Simply Great
- (2021-07-19) xiaoyi li: 试过一个更免费好用的工具，bookit desktop, 界面简单，用起来很顺手。
- (2021-06-26) Ramesh Kudula: Such a happy user of this extension. I've had no issues with it at all. Especially the automation has help me save so many hours. I have quick question to the community/developers. Do you know any extenstion/tool that can be used to highlight/annotate the downloaded HTML file? I figured I could get some help here. The extensions I tried are able to annotate live online webpages, but I can't seem to highlight local HTML files(saved using SavePageWE). Has anyone dealt with this use case? I'd be really grateful if you could point me in the right direction!
- (2021-06-05) Tim Marshall: Make sure you pin the extension to the top-right. Don't use 'save as'. Doing that just saves a page full of random rubbish.
- (2021-05-25) Esarker Liu: Why don't I use the tool to save pictures online?
- (2021-05-17) Tuan Hazeem Joonus: Really helpful. Thank you very much for developing this extension ❤❤
- (2021-05-11) Matthew Dunn: You have to keep right-clicking to do anything. The options are "Basic," "Standard," and "Custom," which is not very ellucidatory. No URL information is provided in the download, so that you don't know the source of the download.
- (2021-05-09) Mohammad Sadra Sharifzadeh: perfecccccccccct. thanks
- (2021-05-06) Ryne Tang: Evernote weblipper has a great feature, you can save the body of the webpage, or use the keyboard to select a specified area, if save page we also has this feature, it would be great ! ;-)
- (2021-04-14) Kris Diehl: This is SOOOOO close to what I want. As it is, it's good enough. The only thing that would improve it, and that I desperately hope is added, is a way to actually open the original URL from the saved content easily. I know Chrome has a Bookmark Manager, but I'm looking for a way to save webpages to project folders so that they are there along with docs and excel files and things. Often, just being able to open the old webpage content like this provides is good enough. But sometimes I might want to open the current version of the page, and I can't figure out how to provide that with this extension.
- (2021-04-05) Sanjay: It's excellent. Just curious, how it is different from SinglePage. I noticed the same page saved with this extension has size of 3.** MB while saved with SinglePage has size of 1.** MB.
- (2021-03-22) Fanzel Lin: Amazing! Save the whole page into a html file, making it easier to deploy the page in multiple system such as my linux based sever so I can read it on my phone or pad once I upload it to my sever.
- (2021-03-20) Noctuna: One of the best solutions for quickly backing up website locally smoothly in a single HTML file
- (2021-03-14) David Gumazon: This was useful even when after you edited the page then you need to save page specifically for that reason.
- (2021-02-24) J P: This is it chief
- (2021-02-19) Branden B: Worked perfectly for my use case. Excellent extension. Thank you very much!
- (2021-02-14) Danny Danh: Excellent extension, used everyday. love it.
- (2021-02-08) viktor valam: Смог норм сохранить что, что не смогли другие html, mhtml, mht сохранялки. А все из-за возможности подробно настроить приложение.
- (2021-02-01) 进驻: 这个真是好强，给力的工具
- (2021-01-28) alwin vesille: I used this to save the titles of YouTube videos on a channel, saved everything as HTML as if it's an actual page! Well done
- (2021-01-21) Tharindu Dilshan: Excellent
- (2021-01-20) upside uʍop: Saves everything in one single html file.
- (2021-01-20) Don Alfons Nisnoni: Awesome!!
- (2021-01-08) waleed shakeel: I love it very good experience.
- (2021-01-05) Rishav Kumar: An extremely useful and user friendly extension. It downloads the entire webpage in one HTML file, with all the resources. Much better than the default chrome method, where a folder is created if one opts for complete webpage.
- (2020-12-26) And Dar: периодически перестает сохранять страницы с YouTube
- (2020-12-25) Amous Frank: I just run into a situation that repeated ajax requests for heartbeat and messages purposes running in background will halt the saving process.
- (2020-12-11) 1 1: best
- (2020-12-10) mehran kh: Best :)
- (2020-12-07) Андрей И.: You Are AWESOME!!! Спасибо огромное, смог скачать странцу целиком, которую браузер не хотел сохранять нормально, только благодаря Вашему расширению я смог скачать web страницу целиком одним HTML файлом, чтобы читать оффлайн. ОБАЛДЕННО!!)) Спасибо большое!))
- (2020-12-06) Arash Mocio: Its works! That all you need to know
- (2020-12-06) andrija djakovic: Really good. I reccomend it.
- (2020-12-02) Charlie Yan: It works great! One suggestion: can we set the path of saved html file? Or can we connect to cloud drives and save the file to cloud?
- (2020-11-28) nocturnal digitalist: Bad experience. Should have worked flawlessly but every other webpage that I tried to save showed me the error of "some resources could not be loaded" while not having issues with other such extensions. Dev should check his app and then release it. Full of bugs and doesnt do a simple task of saving a complete webpage. Will wait for a better update or uninstall for alternative.
- (2022-01-13, v:27.0) SERCAN KARABULUT: about batch process
hi , i need to use this extension for specific url list. there is url list on the page and i want to select all of them and save all targets to my disc. if there is any way running this extension with url command like "chrome://settings" may be i can try some iteration with js. thanks
- (2021-12-08, v:26.3) Kijung Hong: korean most famous website dcinside.com images are not saved.
https://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=dcbest&no=33242&page=2 korean most famous website dcinside.com images are not saved.
- (2021-11-27, v:26.3) assam yislam: Save Page WE
Could you please release this addons as application for the Android... I love this addons and I hope to use it on my Phone.
- (2021-10-03, v:26.2) Garry Smithwick: Scroll limit needed
When using the scroll option for savepage, there needs to be a limit on the number of scrolls. On some sites the scroll goes on and on.
- (2021-09-26, v:26.2) Joleil Karonimus: 250MB size limit
Trying to save a page with resources exceeding the total limit of 250MB. Why the limit? Can this be a custom value? Thanks for your continued work.
- (2021-09-25, v:26.2) 高津ベイ: Possible can I keep my selected area by HTML?
How about I can take my selected area from the entire page? If possible, please show me the procedure.
- (2021-09-14, v:26.2) Gabriel G: Download list URLs
Hi, I can "Save Selected Tabs" (Dark text) but i can't "Save Listed URLs" (Gray text). What i did wrong? Thanks
- (2021-09-12, v:26.1) Kerry Gorman: Save Page WE button
To use the 'Save As HTML' feature, 'Save Page WE' (version 14.0 or later) must be installed and enabled.
- (2021-08-24, v:25.12) xiansheng wang: Seperate all files to different folders
Hi, The extension is good, but I want images and js/css files to different folders just as the source from the sites, not current all in one large file. Can the extension do this? Thanks.
- (2021-08-10, v:25.12) samuele gg: Next update: option to download all tabs in the settings of default
Hi, I find that your extension is the best currently existing than all the others, but the competition has an option no less important like that of being able to download all the tabs, please, for me it's urgent, it's very important and indispensable, can u make an update where i can select the option from the default settings to be able to download all the tabs? Thanks See u soon, Samuele [email protected]
- (2021-08-10, v:25.12) Noctuna: AOMedia Video 1 (AV1) dont get saved
Videos in "AOMedia Video 1 (AV1)" codec format doesnt get saved into the html file (inside a webpage or a file directly), unfortunately it also doesnt fall back into other codecs even if the links to them are follwed after a AV1 vid link
- (2021-08-08, v:25.12) Noctuna: Lazy Load doesnt save all comments anymore on 9gag
I tried all possible configurations, but after around 30 comments "Save Page WE" doesnt save the remaining comments anymore on 9gag posts, even tho i give it much more time in all the Advanced settings and the loading with "Scroll Page" goes correctly all the way to the end of the page (all comments are displayed correctly while its scrolling). I tried "Shrink Page" option or "Load lazy images in existing content before saving" and all the others but no option would save the whole page up to the last comment.
- (2021-07-25, v:25.12) Gary Cook: Save as image option
I've used "Page Saver WE" in Firefox for many years, and it's great. I can't find a version that works with the Brave browser. It allows file to be saved as an image, and very flexible in file naming options. It was very disappointing to discover that your version doesn't work the same, although you are essentially using the same name (without an "r"). If you can make your product work like "Page Saver WE", you'll have something to really brag about. Thanks [email protected]
- (2021-06-12, v:25.12) Duc Dung Tran: bookmark downloaded page
I think it's useful to add an option to download and then bookmark the downloaded page
- (2021-05-28, v:25.12) George Alan: Acknowledgments and discovery of a possible bug cause
Hello! I thanks a lot you for develop a very usefull tool. It has been some helpful for my, I'm very grateful. When using the extension I noticed a behavior that is possibly causing the download freeze bug, where the SAV warning is not saved and is frozen. I noticed it here when downloading audio files. Audio files longer than 14 minutes cause the dawnload to hang, audios of 15, 16 ... minutes lock the extension. Audios under 14 min plugin works normal. What I thought here could be happening is that the plugin may be crashing because it can't generate base64 too long, when Base64 is too long it may not be able to work on the conversion and crashes, it's my guess here, I just tested it with audios, I hope I can help you.
- (2021-05-06, v:25.6) Matthew Dunn: URL info?
How do I include URL info in download?
- (2021-05-06, v:25.6) Matthew Dunn: Button doesn't work
Extension has access to all sites. I click on the extension button in the browser . . . and, nothing happens. I have to keep right-clicking, which is not efficient.
- (2021-05-05, v:25.6) Huy Lê: Temporary files taking up storage
when I use this extension I noticed that the temporary files take up some storage and even after restart the computer, scan for temporary files using ccleaner or built in cleaning software it still there and I don't know where it stored in order to delete it.
- (2021-05-02, v:25.6) Kijung Hong: I alse hope to upload Brave web browser store.
It does not work well on that browser.
- (2021-05-02, v:25.6) Kijung Hong: File name does not saved as %TITLE%
It saves file name as "079e956a-3513-4ff7-ae92-c04bfb9dcf80.html" now
- (2021-04-17, v:25.5) Dinorá Abade De Souza: Tamanho do arquivo
como salvar a página no menor tamanho possível?
- (2021-04-09, v:25.5) Br Reddy: Code for extension
Could you share code for the extension? This helps in enhancing the extension features.
- (2021-02-17, v:25.2) Qadeer Assan: Source Code for Remote Access Internet
Hello, I work for a non-profit organization called Grey-Box based in Montreal, Canada and we provide a solution for educational institutions in remote areas without internet to access online learning content. We are working on different methods for cloning web pages and we were wondering if you'd be kind enough to provide us your source code to help us with our goal. If not possible, if you could summarize the tools and technologies you may have used this would also be a big help. Kind regards, Qadeer Grey-Box.ca
- (2021-02-01, v:25.2) Łukasz: Saveging raw html
Hello Is there any option to save RAW hatm without media, css etc? I mean only the pure code which can be seen after ctrl+u or "view-source:"?
- (2021-01-28, v:25.2) Dung Le: Cannot save image slider
1. How can I save carousel slider content? 2. Will the saved page still be available to view after the online site get deleted/shut down?
- (2021-01-13, v:25.0) 권형주: Invalid filename error when the title include "~" char.
Test page: https://justpaste.it/9170u When I try to download that page with Standard type, and save file name %TITLE%, the is stop working with "Unchecked runtime.lastError: Invalid filename" error. Please replace "~" char to safe char like _ or - or... etc. Thanks.
- (2021-01-12, v:25.0) G P: How to trigger page saving from userscript?
- (2020-12-30, v:24.1) Sinan Abdulhammed: Image hotspot
Can please let me know how i can save Image hotspot from a website thanks
- (2020-12-26, v:24.0) Jacqueline Goguen: Export/Import Settings
Liking it a lot so far...is there a way to export/import the saved settings? Thanks
- (2020-12-24, v:24.0) Florent Masson: Issue downloading web page
I can't save this page: https://www.similarweb.com/fr/website/haxball.com/ Error handling response: TypeError: Cannot read property 'outerHTML' of null at extractHTML (chrome-extension://dhhpefjklgkmgeafimnjhojgjamoafof/content.js:3575:59) at extractHTML (chrome-extension://dhhpefjklgkmgeafimnjhojgjamoafof/content.js:4014:25) at extractHTML (chrome-extension://dhhpefjklgkmgeafimnjhojgjamoafof/content.js:4014:25) at extractHTML (chrome-extension://dhhpefjklgkmgeafimnjhojgjamoafof/content.js:4014:25) at extractHTML (chrome-extension://dhhpefjklgkmgeafimnjhojgjamoafof/content.js:4014:25) at extractHTML (chrome-extension://dhhpefjklgkmgeafimnjhojgjamoafof/content.js:4014:25) at extractHTML (chrome-extension://dhhpefjklgkmgeafimnjhojgjamoafof/content.js:4014:25) at extractHTML (chrome-extension://dhhpefjklgkmgeafimnjhojgjamoafof/content.js:4014:25) at extractHTML (chrome-extension://dhhpefjklgkmgeafimnjhojgjamoafof/content.js:4014:25) at extractHTML (chrome-extension://dhhpefjklgkmgeafimnjhojgjamoafof/content.js:4014:25)
- (2020-11-24, v:23.7) Danny Danh: How do you customize "save to" folder?
I need to be able to select a different folder (not relying on Chrome Download Folder) to sync with Google Drive or OneDrive.
- (2020-11-08, v:23.5) B DeFee: Title on save is wrong
I saw the other post regarding this problem. I uninstalled all of my extensions and restarted Chrome. I am using a text files with a list of URLs to save. I have to shrink the page to force lazy loads. The title is correct before the page is shrunk, then it changes to a title that was used previously during a manual page save. Other than turning on the switch to force lazy loads and using the text file with the URL list, all of the other options are set to default.
- (2020-09-10, v:22.2) Michle Clark: Please Add A Option "Save Webpage, HTML only"
Can you please add an option "Save Webpage, HTML only" The feature you have html and css all together. Example for, we save page (Ctrl + S) and select the file [Save Page as: Webpage, HTML only]. Can you please add this option?
- (2020-09-03, v:22.2) Jose Leal: Title on save is wrong after changing options
Steps: use it at default settings verify title is correct modify some options randomly use it again verify title is now a guid
- (2020-08-16, v:21.0) S. Li: Save Page WE couldn't work on Microsoft Edge
I tried to use Save Page WE on Edge for saving a page, but when I click the button, it showed a "SAV" with red background on the icon, then stuck and nothing happened, no page was saved. Could you please have a look about this issue? Thanks!
- (2020-07-26, v:20.6) D B: Save Listed URLs
• Save Listed URLs (Basic, Standard or Custom Items) What does this do? I was hoping that is could save the links listed in a rendered tab, since it appear in the context menu. however, the menu item is always non-active (grey). Is this meant for some other input form containing lists of URLs. Or does it fetch the rendered versions of the URL on rendered tab (if it were not grey). thanks. it is not self explanatory.
- (2020-07-09, v:20.4) Naas: Can't save twitter page
The extension is greate i ve been using it since the begenning thank you .. but for some reason i can't save twitter page completely the extention can't scroll til the end of the page , i know this is cause twitter pages load differently I hope that you'all figure out a solution and thanks again
- (2020-07-04, v:20.2) Renjie Sun: Click and nothing happens on most current chromium-based Android browsers (Kiwi, Yandex)
Hi, I'm probably asking too much, since Android chromium-based browsers are not normally supported. Yet they do exist and this plugin is really a great enhancement to them. I've installed Save Page WE to the latest Kiwi Browser (77.0.3865.92) and to Yandex Browser (Release Beta 20200227 20.2.4) successfully. But in both cases, when I click the icon, nothing happens. Yandex Browser works fine when downgraded to Release 20190717 19.6.4. So I guess there is something broken with pattern. Device is Samsung Tab S4 SM-T835N Thanks for the great work.
- (2020-06-19, v:19.0) Aydin Yulug: Save Page hijacking opt-c on my Sierra imac
Hi, I love Save Page but it has started to hijack opt-c on my Sierra imac computer (I hadn't noticed it until today). I need opt-c to write the letter ç in Turkish so it is indispensable. I can't find a keyboard shortcut to close to prevent this for Save Page so I had to close the extension altogether. Can you please help? Many thanks for an excellent extension. Aydin Yulug
- (2020-06-18, v:19.0) Kiri678: Save not working anymore in opera
I am using this extension with Opera and it was working as intended, until v19.0 update. Now, extension is still there, but after clicking the icon page doesn't get saved.
- (2020-06-18, v:19.0) Ilya Egorov: Save Page WE 19.0 doesn't remember the path of the previously saved page
Save Page WE 19.0 become quite inconvenient to use, as it doesn't remember the path of the previously saved page and it opens home folder in Finder (on Mac) every time when saving pages. That's so inconvenient. I believe it happened after a recent update, as it wasn't that way before.
- (2020-06-06, v:17.3) Generic Username: possible to have it auto-approve-name for pages?
is it possible to have it automatically accept whatever name we give the site? what other values are accepted currently? %time% ? %date%? if I just want to click save, and I want it to go ahead and save it wherever it is that I last saved a file (or after I assign a location or save a file there once) ? it seems like it would save a click if it would jsut save instead of confirming a name
- (2020-05-06, v:17.2) Sonnenkralle: View Comments
I'm using Save Page WE and add a comment when I save a page. How do I view this comment?
- (2020-03-30, v:17.1) Kamel: Where's the source?
This project is listed as licensed under the GPL, but I don't see a link to the source code anywhere. I'd love to take a look and potentially contribute. Is there a place where the source is housed/bugs are tracked?
- (2020-03-20, v:17.0) KilliK 69: Latest version 17 steals focus from active tab, when save is completed.
How to reproduce: 1.start saving a page with the addon. 2.quickly switch to another tab, before the save completes. 3.when the save completes, the tabs which was saved automatically becomes active. it was tested in a clean profile with Chrome version 80.0.3987.149 (64-bit) and Windows 10 Pro 64bit build 1909 I hope this is fixed, because it completely ruins the experience of surfing in the browser, because now it abruptly stops me from reading one tab/page while saving another tab/page.
- (2020-02-27, v:16.7) Nulled: Can't save pages loaded locally
I have a javadoc saved offline (unpacked from jar) with many html pages, resources etc. I would like to open one page and save it fully including all resources needed. I open that page, press on extension icon, or on "Save Standard Items" - and absolutely nothing happens. If I open same javadoc online from site - it saves. But I need to save page of javadocs of earlier versions, not the last I can see on website.
- (2020-02-20, v:16.7) Raymond Reddington: Dropdown not included
Hello Support, Thanks for the incredible plugin. I wanted to point out that when pages are saved, the drop-downs options don't work. Not sure if that's how it is or I'm not doing something right. Thanks
- (2019-12-07, v:16.3) klandar ice: 50 % cpu usage with scripts in chrome
when i open the html page online, CPU usage is fine but as i go offline and open the html file again(restarting chrome) insane amount of CPU usage...Is it normal ??
- (2019-10-25, v:16.2) Francisco José Rubio Barcena: Schedule a task
Hello. i am testing this extension, Is it possible to schedule a task to save the webpage?
- (2019-10-24, v:16.2) Jian Gong: Total Resource size limit
I have a long web page (chat room history) to save. However, I had to cancel the save because of the total resource limit of 250MB. Could you make it an option? Thanks.