Save a complete web page (as curently displayed) as a single HTML file that can be opened in any browser.
CHANGES Version 16.6 • Adds generic support for all CSS-in-JS libraries. • Prevents recusive importing of style sheets. OVERVIEW Save Page WE provides a simple facility to save a web page (as currently displayed) as a single HTML file that can be opened in any browser. The saved page is a highly accurate representation of the original page. Save Page WE is implemented using the new WebExtensions API and is available for both Firefox and Chrome with identical functions and user interfaces. OPTIONS PAGE The Save Page WE Options page can be accessed as follows: • Firefox - On the menu bar select Tools > Add-ons (or press Ctrl+Shift+A), select the Extensions tab, and then click on the Options button. • Chrome - Right-click on the toolbar button, and then select Options. TOOLBAR BUTTON After installation of Save Page WE, there will be a new blue 'floppy-disk' button on the main toolbar. To save a web page as an HTML file, just click on the Save Page WE toolbar button. There is an option to set the button action as: • Save Basic Items • Save Standard Items • Save Custom Items There is an option to prompt the user to enter comments when saving the file. There is are options to specify the format of the saved file name. See the 'Saved File Name' section below. In order to be prompted for the save location, the Chrome 'Downloads' option must be set to 'Ask where to save each file before downloading'. By default the saved HTML file will have a '.html' extension. CONTEXT MENU & BUTTON MENU To save a web page as an HTML file, or to perform operations on a previously saved page, right-click on the page contents to open the context menu, select the 'Save Page WE' sub-menu, and then select one of the menu items: • Save Basic Items • Save Standard Items • Save Custom Items • View Saved Page Info • Remove Page Loader • Extract Image/Audio/Video Alternatively, right-click on the Save Page WE toolbar button to open the button menu, and then select one of the menu items. There is an option to show/hide the Save Page WE submenu item on the context menu. Note, the 'Extract Image/Audio/Video' menu item is always shown on the context menu when viewing saved pages. KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS To save a web page as an HTML file, press Alt+A. SAVED FILE NAME There is an option to specify the format of the saved file name. This format is used when saving the complete page and when extracting a resource (Image/Audio/Video). The saved file name may contain the following predefined fields: • %TITLE% - (saving a page) the document title or if this is empty the same as %FILE% • %TITLE% - (extracting a resource) the same as %FILE% • %DATE(x)% - the current date in YYYYxMMxDD format, where 'x' is any character or can be omitted. • %TIME(x)% - the current time in HHxMMxSS format, where 'x' is any character or can be omitted. • %HOST% - the host name in the page or resource URL • %PATH% - the path in the page or resource URL without the final file extension • %FILE% - the file in the last segment of the path without the final file extension There are options to replace spaces in the saved file name with a user-defined character and to set the maximum length of the saved file name. SAVED ITEMS Save Basic Items - saves these items: • HTML elements • HTML image files (currently displayed) • CSS style sheets • CSS image files (currently displayed) • CSS font files (used by this browser) Save Standard Items - saves the Basic Items and these items: • HTML image files (all) • HTML audio & video files • HTML object & embed files • CSS font files (woff for any browser) Save Custom Items - saves the Basic Items and the items selected from this list: • HTML image files (all) • HTML audio & video files • HTML object & embed files • CSS image files (all) • CSS font files (woff for any browser) • CSS font files (all) • Scripts (in same-origin frames) Note, scripts in cross-origin frames are never saved. There is an option to retain cross-origin frames when saving the page. Note, cross-origin iframes often contain adverts or visitor comments. There is an option to merge duplicate CSS images (to reduce the saved file size). There is an option to include an information bar at the top of the saved page. There is an option to include metrics and resource summary in the saved file. There is an option to set the maximum depth of saved nested frames/iframes. There is an option to purge elements that have been hidden by the page itself, or by page editors (e.g Print Edit WE), or by content blockers (e.g. uBlock Origin). CONFIGURING CHROME Go to Chrome Menu Button > Settings > Advanced. In the Downloads section, set the downloads folder location, and enable or disable the 'Ask where to save each file before downloading' option. After saving a page, a download item will appear in the download bar at the bottom of the browser window. Click on the arrow in the download item and enable or disable the 'Always open files of this type' option. LOADING RESOURCES There is an option to set the maximum size allowed for large or repeatedly referenced resources. There is an option to set the maximum time allowed for loading individual resources. There is an option to force lazy loading of images before saving the page. There is an option to allow loading of passive mixed content (image,audio,video). There is an option to send a referer header when requesting a resource. The options are: do not send a refer header, send a referer header with origin only, or send a referer header with origin and path (origin only in private browsing). UNSAVED RESOURCES There is an option to show a warning if any resources cannot be saved. There is an option to show a list of all resources that cannot be saved. There is an option to remove URLs of unsaved resources, which avoids unsaved resources being loaded from the internet when the saved page is opened. SAVED FILE FORMAT The HTML elements (as currently displayed) and all of the referenced resources are saved in a single file (.html). External CSS style sheets are converted to internal CSS style sheets. Frame contents and external scripts are stored as UTF-8 data URIs in the 'src' attribute. Iframe contents are stored as UTF-8 text in the 'srcdoc' attribute. All binary resources (images, fonts, audios, videos, etc) are stored as Base64 data URIs. CSS images referenced multiple times within a frame will only be stored once in that frame. CSS fonts and HTML images/audios/videos will be stored once for each reference. Note that not all cross-origin frames can be saved. A cross-origin frame will be saved only if all of its cross-origin ancestor frames can run content scripts. Scripts in cross-origin frames are not saved. There is an option to format the HTML source code in the saved file. SUPPORT Please e-mail: [email protected] LICENSE Distributed under the GNU General Public License version 2. See LICENCE.txt file and http://www.gnu.org/licenses/
- (2020-01-25) abhiram venkata: I just love this extension. Makes my Life easier ....... There are many pages with inbuilt print functionality by the website providers that just doesn't work properly and saves a crappy version of PDF. But with this extension I was able to save the exact replica of the web page. I thank the developers for this extension.
- (2020-01-23) cao zhuo: I just wonder how to see the comment I type after I have saved the page.
- (2020-01-19) Andrew Shawn: Great extension! Just one thing, i want to disable the Alt + A shortcut...
- (2020-01-14) Anna Jeznach-Żeromska: Zapisuje stronę do jednego pliku w *.*.html. Dzięki temu można odczytać plik dowolną przeglądarką i nie tylko. I o to chodziło.
- (2020-01-13) Evgeniy Doroshenko: Отличное приложение. Сохраняет странички на ура.
- (2020-01-12) Moongi Hong: only way store html with mathjax corretly huge thanks.
- (2020-01-04) sam sam: after trying 10 to 15 extension this is the best . >save quickly and >auto rename duplicate file , >does not block using website while saving
- (2020-01-01) Jan Menšík: Cant download whole page
- (2019-12-27) Moe Loop: Just need a batch save all opened tabs feature.
- (2019-12-22) Habituated Abnormality: I am having trouble archiving my DeviantArt favorites. The scrolling/lazy load is making images be missing. I tried selecting the 'force lazy load' option but it's still missing images.
- (2019-12-15) Chang: Perfect, exactly what I needed thanks.
- (2019-12-12) Jan Vratislav: I did not expect such a great performance! The page goes offline and only takes one file. Great stuff and thank you!
- (2019-12-06) Maolai He: 很好用，比谷歌浏览器自带的保存为html效果要好，图片都能很完整的保存下来。和singlefile相比，保存速度快一点，文件稍微小一点，另外可以完整保存网页标题。
- (2019-12-04) nayanajith Laxaman: This is awesome
- (2019-11-19) Jocksan Garcia: Very great
- (2019-11-17) Mateusz Konieczny: Right-Click context menus does not work on this page. All items are blank.
- (2019-11-06) Andrey Est: turn options my friends
- (2019-10-30) Gianny Miranda Ramos: excelente extension.
- (2019-10-23) Mohammad Yousefi: Great Extension to save webpages! Thanks Devs!
- (2019-10-22) Rokh Plastic Toos: Perfect extension to save web pages.
- (2019-10-15) Konstantin Rubikoff: 🤩👍👍👍...
- (2019-10-10) Mihai R.: Did you try to save a twitter page ? Does not work, exactly like the built-in chrome save
- (2019-09-18) Talles Airan: Crazy and perfect
- (2019-09-14) Иван Иванов: Отличное расширение. Чтобы страница сохранялась вся, вместе с картинками и раскрывающимися спойлерами, я указываю сохранять "Save Custom Items". Показывает, какие файлы не могут быть сохранены, есть выбор куда сохранять на диске, спойлеры раскрываются. Показывает ссылку, откуда была скачана страница. И многое др. Но, как отметили выше starper custod и Марк Сафронов: 1) Из-за особенности Хрома, не сохраняется часть файлов в Хроме "за счет того, что часть файлов (напр.графику) подкачивает из сети". Я добавлю - в Огнелисе это расширение сохраняет все файлы на странице (99,99%). 2) "не имеет возможности выборочного сохранения части страницы". Если надо редактировать сохраняемую страницу (удалить ненужное), то лучше сначала использовать расширение для этого, например, Print Edit WE, а потом сохранять отредактированное.
- (2019-09-03) Aanal shah: My Day is not complete without this extension, it's easy as well as handy compare to screenshot.
- (2019-12-07, v:16.3) klandar ice: 50 % cpu usage with scripts in chrome
when i open the html page online, CPU usage is fine but as i go offline and open the html file again(restarting chrome) insane amount of CPU usage...Is it normal ??
- (2019-10-25, v:16.2) Francisco José Rubio Barcena: Schedule a task
Hello. i am testing this extension, Is it possible to schedule a task to save the webpage?
- (2019-10-24, v:16.2) Jian Gong: Total Resource size limit
I have a long web page (chat room history) to save. However, I had to cancel the save because of the total resource limit of 250MB. Could you make it an option? Thanks.
- (2019-10-14, v:16.2) Arthas: Arthas
Hello Sir Great job, your web page saver actually save websites that are specifically had used scripts to not be saved, can you implement the whole website downloader(site offline browswer as well, started by just downloading each webpage, and then url correction so the offline pages can be interlinked user credential is also a essential feature, for that program thanks again
- (2019-09-26, v:16.1) Eoin O'Raghallaigh: Save page again
Great extension, but is there a way to save a page again? I want to save a page, edit it in Chrome inspector, and then save my changes. Doesn't seem possible with this extension.
- (2019-09-23, v:16.1) Ali Şengül: Save page WE by Selenium
Is it possible to use this extension by Selenium?
- (2019-08-10, v:15.1) Darko Petreski: Save page from command line
Is it possible to call this extension with url from command line to save the page ? example: google-chrome --headless --disable-gpu https://someurl.com --call-this-extension-somehow-to-save-the-url
- (2019-07-24, v:15.1) zakhar nasimov: download improvement
It would be ideal to permit users to input a list of URIs which the user would like to have pulled as single HTML files rather then having them pulled individually going thru the routine for each webpage since there are instances were several pages are to be downloaded instead of just a few pages. Also permit users to assign shortcut keys for basic, standard and custom download functionalities.
- (2019-07-17, v:15.1) Tahor Sui Juris: Multiple URLs as a batch?
Multiple URLs as a batch? Is it possible to save multiple URLs from a list?
- (2019-06-26, v:15.0) Velgor Hellsing: Saved File Name
Are there any other Parameter like %TITLE% usable for defining the File Name? Would like to use some like %URL% or %Date% Would also be nice if the files could be saved somewhere else then the default download folder
- (2019-06-12, v:15.0) Chi Guy: Saving Website Pictures in Slideshow
Hello, I am wondering about the capabilities of this extension in regards to the ability to save a website that has a set of pictures contained within a box that has left and right arrows, allowing me to click through a set of pictures (realtor.com listing). Using this extension and saving the site, it only shows the top level picture, but still shows the arrow buttons, they just do not work and all I can see is that same picture that was loaded when it was saved. Is there a way to save all pictures in the slide deck so that I can scroll through them in the saved website?