Focus on Simple & Clean writing experience on Chrome.
Simply turn your New Tab page into a clean space to take notes. And all your notes will be kept safely in Chrome Local Storage not on cloud. Features: #Note List You can create multiple drafts for your need. #Protect your privacy New Tab Draft help you save it in your browser not on cloud. #Auto Backup All the drafts can be auto backup to your local folder on regular base. #Customization Customize font and background to make it your own way. People use New Tab Draft to take notes, todo, inspiration... whatever they want. Try it. You will not be disappointed. ---- We Swear: 1. We don't do evil like upload your private information to server. All your notes are saved locally in your browser localStorage. 2. We listen to your feedback and try to make this world better. --- Feel free to give us feedback: Twitter: https://bit.ly/2VFkhy8 Facebook Page: https://bit.ly/3qPKYOX
- (2021-07-11) Saumit Up: Love it alot... just wanted to ask is there option to disable the calculations? just like the emoji bar I sometime add dates like 10-5-21 and it subtracts the thing...writing 13/2/21 divides it :// acts as a friction when i'm typing stuff please do resolve it in the next update :) Love u guys
- (2021-06-23) Orlando Salazar: Such a simple app yet it's my favorite. I have always wanted a quick access for note taking on a browser. The only thing missing is a search function but if this feature slows down the app then forget it, im just being greedy, this app is perfect for quick small notes. Thank you devs!
- (2021-06-23) Hedy Li: I wish this was available on firefox
- (2021-06-10) Ryan Jenkins: So simple and easy. It's precisely what I need on my New Tab page and nothing more!
- (2021-06-02) Beto Britto: Thanks for the super useful extension!!
- (2021-05-19) Ahmed Z: Great start! Some features I miss from other tab pages that would go along with this minimal experience: --Paste images --Markdown support, basic bold/underline/RTF support --List of notes needs work: X button (delete) bigger and highlighted delete button, borders around each item, delete all button? --optional sync to a single file (in google drive/onedrive) Bugs: --Quotes do not appear visible when using non-night mode and a foreground color. Need to change quote color to foreground color, too. --When multiple new tabs are open, there is a blinding white flash when switching to the new tabs
- (2021-04-12) Knowledge Transfer: Draft tab worked great for over a year and now our saved draft tabs and items are gone. It was good while it was.
- (2021-04-12) Calloway Roofing: What happened to our saved items on the Draft Tab? Just gone. You needed to leave it alone. Now our stuff (links) placed on their are gone. Removing the Extension permanently.
- (2021-04-01) Itay: The best chrome extention!!
- (2021-03-01) Paul Daum: Used to be a very elegant and lightweight new tab notetaker but sadly not anymore. Many new features make this extension feel bloated. After many years I will switch to different extension
- (2021-01-10) Void Crab: Good. I use it basically as a dark mode new tab page with personal reminders written on it. I have a few suggestions however: - If i open a new tab and quick switch to another program, the browser icon in the taskbar begins to flash, which is annoying. The page is probably emitting some sort of alert or it's caused by page change. - Being able to disabled and/or change the shortcuts. The shortcut to open bookmarks is Ctrl + B, and the blur shortcut prevents me from doing that. Feels a bit annoying. - I don't know if it's possible, but the backups could to go to a folder inside the downloads folder, such as "Downloads/NewTabDraft Backup", instead of the files flooding the folder.
- (2020-12-23) ak k: Excellent app. Would be better if they synced notes back up with google.
- (2020-12-22) Olin Robus: Please remove the twitter ad. I hate it and I'm more likely to not recommend this app if it stays there.
- (2020-12-22) Victor P: Please remove the "Share with your friend" popup, it breaks the minimalist idea of the page.
- (2020-12-12) Constantine V: stop forcing your advertisement on every new tab!
- (2020-12-04) Muhammad Waleed: <3 Love it
- (2020-12-04) Milo Axelrod: GOOOOD
- (2020-12-02) Frank Chan: Really handy extension!!!
- (2020-12-01) R R: super!!!!!!!!
- (2020-12-01) David Lawrence: Very useful!
- (2020-11-26) claudio fermin: Aunque jala un poco de RAM (como todo en chrome) no hay duda que es una excelente herramienta. Recomendado 100%
- (2020-11-24) Chad Scott: I LOVE IT
- (2020-11-24) Shivam Kalra: Love the idea and it removes the hassle of having a separate notes app on all the time.
- (2020-11-23) superficial: great extension with simple and clean interface! could add a replace words function?
- (2020-11-20) Max Chirin: кавай)
- (2020-11-17) Andy Kapelanski: The quote addition is a very nice touch. My favorite chrome extension!
- (2020-11-17) Dmitry Filatov: Hi, New Tab Draft! Thanks a lot for the app. Clear, simple. If you have time, pls, add a small, tiny button "copy to clipboard". It is the most popular scenario to use the app. Write and then copy.
- (2020-11-10) Yassine el arraj: Simple et très pratique!
- (2020-11-02) Miguel Alberto: Its not working for opera. How can i make it work (disable some speed dial settings?)?
- (2020-11-01) Isabel Tan: I love this so, so, so, much. Sometimes I have a million thoughts and ideas and it takes too much time to jot it down in the correct place but opening a new tab takes a second. Genius!
- (2020-10-30) A M: Useful app. Please support markdown and dark mode.
- (2020-10-29) Tri Sutrisno Adri: Extremely love it! You can put notes, only with a single CTRL + T. I bet you could feel the shock of productivity after you plug this in your browser!
- (2020-10-29) Alexander Scrimgeour: works.
- (2020-10-29) Nestor Sukhetskyi: almost a perfect app if the devs add something to edit text font, etc.
- (2020-10-28) Gail S: Absolutely LOVE. Simple design. Clean. Incredibly useful for quickly jotting notes.
- (2020-10-26) Timothé: J'adore !
- (2020-10-25) David Chen: I'm able to keep track of what I do everyday and set goals for myself not to mention it's also a great way to type out your stories.
- (2020-10-21) dane bradbury: Does what It is meant to do, you get what you asked for with this extension, a simple editable new tab, nothing more, nothing less.
- (2020-10-20) Ibrahim Ibrahim: Would be better if there is code highlight feature!
- (2020-10-19) Sakib Ahmed: Customization not working. thank you so much dev. Really Help me a lot. Thank you so much!
- (2020-10-15) Marwan Hafez: i want a link to google.com or any web to bee faster a button on the button will be cool. btw very good extension i really like it
- (2020-10-10) Saumit IT: Love the new Updates
- (2020-10-09) Isaac Marks: love it great convenience
- (2020-10-09) Maya Kannan: I really love this extension! It is awesome for web-based readings, since I don't need two applications to take notes. Changed my life as a student. Please give it a try, especially if you are in a subject that makes you do a lot of commentary for online readings.
- (2020-10-07) Joseph Wasden: Super convenient. Could we get markdown support? if you have a repo somewhere, I'd be happy to add a pull request.
- (2020-10-05) Tushar Sehgal: Good
- (2020-10-03) sl pack: Круто! Еще бы добавили редактирование текста немного: курсив, bold, списки, h1
- (2020-09-28) Tim Hartwick: Only gripe is that there's not much text formatting. Would to be able to bold words!
- (2020-09-25) Eyslanic: A very good extension. Altogether its an excellent tool with a great design. It would become my primary notes making app if the team can include following features. 1) Syncing of the notes across platform. 2) Can add the functionality of bullets and numbering 3) Calculator feature can have a permanent action button rather than making the enter key smart. (for e.g: cmd + enter can perform calculations.)
- (2020-09-25) I'm fighting a frickin rock: so many options for a such a simple writing tab. You can choose a completely custom background color, font color, font and font size, basically all of the basic options to suit your preference. creating and deleting files is as quick and easy as clicking a plus or x button. There are no markdown or rich text editing options, but i personally feel it keeps you more focused on writing. It's a really handy extension that lets you write instantly upon opening a new tab. recently (september 2020) an update to the extension required new permissions and i never got around to reenabling it. But weeks later, it's reenabled and all my writing is still there, so that's a plus.
- (2021-07-04, v:0.3.1) Raúl E. Taveras Franco: Scaling when at different window sizes
Hello! I really love New Tab Draft and use it multiple times every day, in different computers. One inconvenience I have experienced, especially when using it to take notes in online classes before transferring them to a more permanent system, is that when I scale the window (say, putting it on one half of the screen and having the class on the other half), the UI doesn't scale with the window, and so large swathes of the text I'm writing are not visible. Right now that would be the only suggestion for an otherwise excellent app. Thank you!
- (2021-04-17, v:0.2.3) Juan Cruz: how to change the app i use to email my notes
i selected chrome as the app to use to email but i want to change it, the problem is i selected always use this app, and now i dont get the option of which app to choose.
- (2021-03-11, v:0.2.3) Robert Zhuhai: Firefox Support
Enable New Tab Draft for Firefox
- (2020-12-30, v:0.2.3) Nithin Vargheese: Share Window
Please stop the "Share to your friends" window. I have seen this enough and dismissed many times. Still it comes. This is a disturbance.
- (2020-12-13, v:0.2.3) NYC Lou: Please stop "Share on Twitter" ad.
Incessant "Share on Twitter" ad is ruining this product.
- (2020-12-13, v:0.2.3) Yulia Perpetua Naibaho: add text style
i hope next update add text style, like : bold, italic and others
- (2020-11-01, v:0.2.2) Vishesh Tiwari: Can not do calculations
Please enable calculator support
- (2020-09-21, v:0.2.2) Drshika Asher: New Update Permissions
I don't like how the extension now takes the most common sites you visit. It slows down the extensions and I honestly prefer it using as less information as possible.
- (2020-09-10, v:0.2.1) New Permission
Latest extension update demands many new permission including the data about websites a user visit, there is no explanation about this.
- (2020-09-09, v:0.2.0) Emmanuel Maggion: App permissions
I was happy with the extension until it tried to access more permissions after the September 8 update. Please consider keeping it simple
- (2020-07-08, v:0.1.9) Demaar Lord: Calculator?
For some reason the calculation function seems to have stopped working. Super sad since that was one of the main things I've used this extension for.
- (2020-06-30, v:0.1.6) Amrithnath Vijayakumar: Latest Update makes it unusable
Hey after the latest update today there seems to be a console error that is stopping the notes from loading. They are all there in the localstorage. Also I am not able to record new notes or use the extension in general.
- (2020-06-30, v:0.1.6) Marysia Kurowski: Help! All my notes have disappeared
Suddenly today all my notes have disappeared, and when I test start a new one no column is appearing down the left hand side. Some of the notes are invaluable. Please help. The extension is enabled and still there in my Extensions list.
- (2020-06-30, v:0.1.6) Wui Wen: Notes all lost
Hello is it possible to rollback? all the notes is lst
- (2020-06-30, v:0.1.6) ardiol selimaj: Lost notes after update
All my notes were lost after latest update. Can I recover them?
- (2020-06-30, v:0.1.6) Nishit Mohanan: Update wiped out my notes
A recent update seems to have wiped out the notes, plus I'm not able to save any new notes as well.
- (2020-06-30, v:0.1.6) Adam Śmigielski: update issue
I lost all my notes today, after the last (today) update, I think. The extension doesn't work well. I can type but I can't create new tabs/notebooks and enter settings (gear icon). Those small icons in the bottom-left corner don't work (they are not "clickable"). Can I restore my old notes in any way? Maybe they are saved locally, on my HDD? Where?
- (2020-04-08, v:0.1.5) Superior: data gone
suddenly all my tabs data got deleted like the extension was redownloaded (also costumazation back to default ) my problem is i wrote many songs and i cant recover them
- (2020-03-30, v:0.1.5) Bill Hamler: Font Size
How can I change the font size
- (2020-01-19, v:0.1.5) Mike Heayn: lost data
i cleared browser data and lost my notes. is three any way to recover them?
- (2019-11-28, v:0.1.5) Maricor F.: Lost notes
How can I recover my lost notes?
- (2019-11-28, v:0.1.5) Maricor F.: Lost notes
How can I recover my lost notes?
- (2019-11-24, v:0.1.5) Amit Puri Velotio: How can I open my notes on my office Chrome at home?
So, I have all the bookmarks and links synced with my google account on chrome. But when I open the same chrome account on my home PC, I am unable to see the notes I added to the same account but on my office account. Is there a way to have them linked to my google account, and it updates when my chrome syncs?
- (2019-11-16, v:0.1.5) Kuldeep Singh: my data is loss
i am data lots of data and my personal data all data is gone nothing is showing and i want my data back its request bez there is my lots important data is there
- (2019-09-10, v:0.1.5) Lasse Haugaard Christensen Soeagerskolen: Keep the original function of ctrl + t and make a new shortcut for the draft mode.
Hello I use the ctrl t shortcut for a new tab all the time. But I also love the draft mode. Could it be possible to somehow make a new shortcut for the "new draft" tab so I dont eliminate my "new tab" functionality.
- (2019-08-27, v:0.1.5) Amit Varshney: Chrome crashed, now boom data lost
Is there any data backup this extension do in json or any other format...?? It showed error "This extension may have been corrupted" and when clicked Repair all gone :(
- (2019-08-20, v:0.1.5) Dee Fense: Why is the official link a link to the old Google+ community?
Did you notice? What is your official homepage?
- (2019-08-18, v:0.1.5) H.M. Lee: Scrollbar Missing?
Hi, I've been using this extension for a couple of months now because it's really convenient for me to jot down notes with just the press of a new tab. I usually have a lot of drafts saved but I recently noticed that I can't scroll down to see all of my drafts in the sidebar. These drafts aren't erased but they are unreachable without the scrollbar. (I know they're not erased because if I delete one of the visible drafts, one of the unseen ones moves ahead).
- (2019-08-09, v:0.1.5) Jay Kanakiya: Bug: Change in cursor point
Great app, been using this since a long time now. Whenever you switching between multiple tabs, the cursor changes its position towards the end, is there any way to change this behaviour ?
- (2019-04-15, v:0.1.5) Harsha Vardhan Gudivada: A second bug after April 6th and 7th 2019 update
Dear developer! I think there is one more bug after April 6th or 7th update. This is the use case to recreate the bug. After reading any note among the multiple notes in 'NewTab' and switching to any other opened tab and again switching back to the 'NewTab', the opened/selected/active note always changes to the FIRST note among all notes. This is a undesirable behavior. Before April 6th or 7th, the NewTab remembered our last read/opened/active note and retained it as the active note. I am not talking about opening NewTab in multiple tabs. I am just talking about the case in which NewTab is opened in only one tab, but even that tab is unable to retain the last read note as active but activating FIRST of all notes every time. Before April 6th or 7th, the extension worked wonderfully by setting mostly recently used notes on the top in the vertical left side bar. Now, all that is disturbed by the new update where only FIRST note sticks and remains active all the time. Please look into this matter as soon as possible.