One different scientific calculator...
This is kinda unusual scientific calculator. What makes it unusual is that you can see both sides of the current binary operation. For example -- if you type 2 + 2 you'll see exactly "2 + 2" until you press "=". The tool was made with touch-screen in mind and should be ready for touch-screen chromebooks. On devices with keyboard you can use the obvious keys: number keys, dot (floating point), +, -, *, /, Enter (=), ESC (C) and Backspace. The advanced ("scientific") functions are not yet accessible with keyboard shortcuts (but better keyboard support is planned for the next releases). The initial goal of this extension was to be a real-life example of jQuery Mobile (and it worked as such) but somehow, with the time, more options were added and it became full-featured scientific calculator. It is, however, still work in progress, so let me know if you find a bug, if something isn't working or if you want to see new feature added. Options: There are 3 different “themes” for you too choose from. You can change the theme from the options page. Select between black, white or the original “3d buttons”. (Just click the “options” link at the bottom-right of the extension's popup and select the respective theme from the list) Other versions of Melanto Calculator The same tool is available in 3 different versions: this one (extension added to the toolbar), as standalone chrome app (adding calculator icon to the apps page and opening the tool in its own browser tab) and as “desktop” app (pens the calculator in separate window, simulating desktop app). Here are the other two versions: App version: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/melanto-calculator/nioffklpggjkmgpndbfklpnclpohpjid “Desktop” version: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/calculator/inhhlmhdllknkepmabbkhnlbaddllabl All the 3 versions come with the same underlying code but I couldn’t create one single tool to address all the 3 ways of use because Chrome doesn’t allow apps to add icon to the toolbar (so we need the extension), while extension can’t add icon to the apps page (so we need an app) and then, at some moment Chrome offered the “packaged apps” option and I made the “desktop” version for those who want it in separate window, acting as separate app… DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES: MELANTO CALCULATOR IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND www.melanto.com
- (2021-08-19) Elmonious: It is very useful and works well, but could you please make it so the calculator tab is moveable.
- (2021-01-29) Antonio Ornelas: 💯🎯🎯
- (2020-09-07) sher ali: too much slow.but always use this extention
- (2020-03-03) Scott Kurjanski: Excellent app. Thank you!
- (2020-02-17) Navid Aslam: great............
- (2019-07-01) WGCL 1976: THE BEST SCIENTIFIC CALCULATOR AROUND WORLD: 40 DIGITS.
- (2019-01-18) Liam The Great: Perfect
- (2018-12-05) Super User: Hard to understand but still works.
- (2017-04-09) Ian Bell: Useless. Does not even display in scientific notation
- (2016-06-17) Ron InHouston: Did not change image of calculator face on its own. Allows you to use the numbers keypad as well as mouse. In addition to the clear button, it also has a "Backspace" button. This one's "A Keeper"
- (2015-06-26) ömer ellialtı: klavyeden erşim sağlayabileceğiniz h m
- (2014-01-30) Dragos Circa: Awesome. I like a pop-up calculator, nice interactions, and it can read keys from numpad. Very easy to use
- (2013-11-26) Toxa Zex: Работает!
- (2013-01-18) Helen Yip: Very helpful but it takes up way too much space on my screen.
- (2012-06-13) Alana Chhour: It was nice, but when you try to use it, the calculator keeps on flashing.
- (2012-04-05) Very Nice but please Update the icon in the Omnibar
- (2018-04-19, v:4.0) Taylor Wisnowski: negative exponents?
maybe im not pressing the correct button.. i pressed xn and it wont let me use a negative value..
- (2017-03-28, v:126.96.36.199) Steve Taormina: reciprocal or inverse key
Where is the reciprocal or inverse key on this calculator? It's usually represented by a 1/x.
- (2017-02-04, v:188.8.131.52) Alex ExtGuru: Monetization browser extension
Hello! I am a representative of the company EXT.GURU., Which is a leader in monetizing browser extensions. Currently EXT.GURU- the most advanced and profitable platform for profitable cooperation. Based on the above we want to make you a better offer for collaborating. We offer more than 10 types of monetization, each of which has confirmed unique effectiveness. Depending on your needs, we provide several methods of monetizating- from the soft to the hard methods. Be sure No negative experiences from users - Only appropriate and clear advertising. In addition, by providing an individual approach, we take into account the wishes of each partner.Please, take the most note that, our system didn't conflict with other systems, so you can easily earn extra income. Why cooperate with us is profitable: Without the slightest effort you can give yourself a high revenue. Payments are carried out on request. No delays and no minimum amount. Select a payment system that is preferable for you. Lightweight and easy to use interface will provide full comfort for webmasters. Responsive support service instantly answer all the questions that interest you. The complete absence of restrictions on the GEO. Detailed statistics in real time. Failures and disturbances in the system are excluded. Profitable Refferal Program. In conjuction with EXT.GURU your extension "Melanto Calculator Extension" will become a reliable guarantee of maximum profit. High earnings, combined with comfort for users- Now it's really! If you are interested in our offer or have any questions or suggestions, please feel free contact with us. We look forward for collaboration!!! Skype: extguru ICQ: 654784658 Jabber: [email protected] Email: [email protected]
- (2016-10-31, v:184.108.40.206) Jason Doherty: inverse sin
do the inverse sin and cos work correctly? for example asin(.8) should equal 53 degrees. I cannot get this at all no matter what combination of keys I use. and I have tried flipping between degrees and radians???
- (2015-05-29, v:220.127.116.11) Icybernate Capt. Cliff: calculator
RPN option available?
- (2015-05-22, v:18.104.22.168) Jeff Stikeleather: Not all showing
Installed. When called up it parks in the upper right of the window ... full screen or not ... and the whole calculator is not showing. Cannot be moved or used.