Reveal the password hidden behind asterisks on login pages
Web browsers hide the passwords on login pages behind asterisks for security reason. Whether you are logging into Facebook, Gmail, PayPal or Twitter, all secure websites offer an option to save passwords in the browser but none would reveal the passwords in plain text. Microsoft Edge browser adds an eye icon to the password field to let you quickly mask and unmask the characters. This Google Chrome extension uses a similar approach. It shows the passwords when you focus the password field and replaces the characters with dots as soon as you move the cursor out of the password field. Some websites, for example PayPal, do not offer the option to save your password in the browser. This Google Chrome extension overrides the default behavior and lets you save the password so you can quickly login to your favorite websites without having to enter the password each time. It does so by adding the autocomplete=on property to the input password fields but, unfortunately, in the newer releases on Google Chrome, the property is ignored.
- (2019-12-20) Robert Bazzetti: love it but having trouble remembering to double click slowly when using
- (2019-03-13) Kostas Koronios: Does nothing
- (2017-11-29) Asad Zafar: Does not works as advertised.
- (2017-01-15) Andy F: Works on many sites, but not all. Test it on a few sites you access frequently before declaring it broken. It really does work!
- (2016-12-31) Henrique Persechini: Does not work
- (2016-12-21) Kie 7077: Does not work
- (2016-12-15) Nickos Vanickos: Doesn't work
- (2016-12-07) Matthew Green: Tested on one website. Didn't work. 100% fail. No need to test further. If anyone want's to recreate my result, try Universal Jobmatch.
- (2016-11-22) Adam Platnick: Not even remove autocomplete, does absolutely nothing.
- (2016-10-17) Bernard V: aucun effet !
- (2016-10-17) Valentin millet: dosen't work
- (2016-09-29) Abel Almo: Tested it with PhpMyAdmin and it doesn't remember the password :(
- (2016-09-26) lm Gmail: It is not at all useful or user friendly.
- (2016-08-19) Ivan Iliev: Not working with new versions of Chrome.
- (2016-07-21) Rabin Sapkota: WARNNING WARNING !!!!!!!fake it collects your password and provide to its developer so if anybody have installed it just uninstall and immediately change your password your important files may be lost donot trust this software
- (2016-06-27) Gerardo Lopez: Didn't work
- (2016-05-19) Funnyracecar: It doesn't do anything!
- (2016-05-19) Eternal Sorrow : does not work
- (2016-05-17) markclaessens: JUst like everyone else is stating this is crap. It does absolutely NOTHING. What a joke.
- (2016-04-22) JOSE ORLANDO BRIZZI: no es lo que esperaba,no me muestra mipasword,que crei a que para esto era la extencion
- (2016-01-12) Martin Davies: Works perfectly for sites with ordinary security.
- (2016-01-08) Rodrigo Sambade Saá: No funciona en todas las webs.
- (2015-12-19) Josef H.: Works exactly as expected, thank you so much!
- (2015-11-13) Arpit: Brilliant!
- (2015-10-17) Mike Peterson: dead on arrival. Had to sign in manually just to leave this rating
- (2017-01-27, v:1.2) THIS IS NOT OK
This plugin was added to my browser without my consent or knowledge. I don't know who did it, but it's just NOT OK for someone to be able to make my saved passwords visible. This is a HUGE privacy and security concern!!!!!!!!!
- (2016-12-08, v:1.0.0) Brian Lindley: Does it work?
Doesn't work with the pages I want it to work with. Not sure if it works with others. Thanks for trying, but must remove.
- (2016-11-04, v:1.0.0) Site: https://support.oracle.com
Chrome is not prompting to save the password for https://support.oracle.com even when I sign out of Chrome. I am not running incognito. I do not have it marked do not save. I have Remember Password installed. Not prompting. LastPass remembers it no problem.
- (2016-11-03, v:1.0.0) Irina Svetlowa: Extension buyout
Hi, I am interested in acquiring your extension "Remember Password". Please contact me at: [email protected]
- (2016-11-03, v:1.0.0) Michael: password
Refuses to save password
- (2016-09-14, v:1.0.0) Jenny Clement Tuck: can not sign in
it will not let me log in or create an account.
- (2016-04-17, v:1.0.0) JOSE ORLANDO BRIZZI: ¿QUE HACE ESTE PROGRAMA?,NO SE PUEDE SABER PUES AL ABRIR NO HAY OPCIONES DE NADA Y NO APASRECE NINGUN CONTENIDO.
¿QUE HACE ESTE PROGRAMA?,NO SE PUEDE SABER PUES AL ABRIR NO HAY OPCIONES DE NADA Y NO APARECE NINGUN CONTENIDO.
- (2016-02-21, v:1.0.0) Susan Mullgrav: will not remember passwords
chrome will not remember password when added
- (2015-11-04, v:1.0.0) Does not work on autocomplete fields
Doesn't work for input fields with 'autocomplete=off"
- (2015-09-16, v:1.0.0) James Walker: Instructions
I have added the extension. Where do I find how to use the extension to remember a site's password?