Easily open desired links in the VLC (VideoLAN) media player!
Open in VLC™ is an extension that enables you to open desired link(s) in VLC (VideoLAN) application. VLC is a free and open-source media player that can play almost any types of media (audio or video). To operate with this addon you need a native-client patch to connect your browser with native VLC application in your OS. When you first install the addon, please head to the options page and adjust the path for VLC player. Depending on your operating system, the path to VLC could be different. For example, in windows 10 the path is: "C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe". Please re-check this path in your OS and make sure it is correct. Once you set the correct path to VLC in the options page, please install the native-client patch. This patch is used to make the communication between the addon and VLC (native app). Please download and install this patch from (https://github.com/alexmarcoo/open-in-native-client/releases). Follow the instruction in the GitHub page to download and install the related patch to your system. After installing, the "Open in VLC™" addon in your browser can communicate with VLC media player on your machine (Window, Linux or Mac). Note 1: please note that Open in VLC™ addon, does NOT belong or relate to VLC or VideoLAN at all. It is basically an unofficial addon that is developed and maintained independently by its author. Note 2: if you want to report bugs or have a feature request, please fill the bug report form in the addon's homepage (https://mybrowseraddon.com/open-in-vlc.html).
- (2020-01-12) Андрей Б.: Не написана минимальная требуемая версия Windows для патча собственного клиента, только зря потратил время на чтение разной информации по установке клиента и зря скачал клиент. Оказалось, что поддерживает только начиная с Windows 7, а у меня Windows XP.
- (2019-10-29) Chris wytten: It works only with youtue, never works with any video or audio on other websites. useless. uninstalling...
- (2019-06-20) John Winder: After installing native client from https://github.com/alexmarcoo/open-in-native-client/releases Open in VLC worked first time. Had to configure location of VLC.exe as I have 64 bit and add-on defaults to 32 bit location. Using on Daily Motion - excellent, thank you. A useful feature to add would be the ability to add playlists - currently using Open in VLC on a playlist link in Daily Motion just opens VLC.exe. And/or the option to add to vlc playlist.
- (2019-04-13) Hans-Peter Willig: The only google-extension for VLC which really does what it should - many thanks to the developer
- (2019-04-08) renhav: Genial!!, Funciona de Maravilla
- (2019-03-30) ma'mun firmansyah: bagaimana cara menggunakannya saya penggunabaru chromebook
- (2019-02-02) Roman Tayursky: Not work
- (2018-12-22) lawrence raymond: great app always worked
- (2018-07-26) Andrew Scaccetti: For some reason the arguments textbox is greyed out. Not very useful for me unless I can use the —one-instance and —playlist-enqueue options.
- (2018-06-11) Karim Shah: you need a native-client patch" ... and that is a 50MB install on your system. Brrrrrr. Removed extension immediate
- (2018-05-25) Sander Jonkers: "you need a native-client patch" ... and that is a 50MB install on your system. Brrrrrr. Removed extension immediately.
- (2018-01-22) Laci Crockett: it deosnt work at all
- (2018-01-15) richard duncan maseko: EASY TO USE
- (2017-12-03) Henri Sainio: Not working.
- (2017-10-26) Сергей Викторыч: Не работает
- (2017-10-22) Desi w: does not work
- (2017-08-29) Vicente Escobar: Fantastica