Tab Ahead lets you type ahead to quickly find open tabs by title and URL.
This extension helps you to quickly navigate through (the mess of) your currently open tabs by typing parts of their respective page titles or urls. Aspiring to bring Sublime Text's »Goto Anything...« to your Chrome Tabs. Keyboard Shortcut: Alt+T Options: You can choose to search through the current window or through all windows. The default setting is searching through the current window. Keyboard/Hacker-friendly: You can leave your mice at home. Lightweight: No background processes. Discovered a bug? Create an issue on GitHub. https://github.com/janraasch/tab-ahead/issues Version History: v1.3.0 - Improve fuzzy filter and disable autocomplete on search input. v1.2.2 - Equal margins for search input field. v1.2.1 - Even faster popup response times. v1.2.0 - Speed up drop-down response time. v1.1.0 - Add option to search through all windows. v1.0.9 - Match icon colors with popup. v1.0.8 - New popup-icon. Fix windows focus and closing bugs. v1.0.7 - Fix bug where popup was not closed after selection. v1.0.6 - Improve build. v1.0.5 - Release some more. v1.0.4 - Release often. v1.0.3 - Improve UI. v1.0.2 - Relase early. v1.0.1 - Add default shortcut & fuzzy search. v1.0.0 - Initial release.
- (2019-12-20) Evgeny Klunko: Замечательное приложение! Позволяет быстро найти нужную вкладку, и работает очень удобным способом!
- (2019-07-30) Victor Rak: Just great! This extension is still helpful with its fuzzy search even in presence of Google Chrome address bar "Switch to tab" feature.
- (2018-08-02) Lexx Tham: Anyway to search tab from all opened windows ?
- (2017-09-30) Валентин Будкін: Great job! Fast and usefull extension. The only feature I dream about is - if no tabs found and "enter" is pressed then open new tab with search engine and entered text as search query.
- (2017-06-09) valera vesnov: Best tab extension ive seen)
- (2017-03-04) Justin Lee: It changed my life. Thank you. Reminds me of VSCode's command + p feature
- (2016-10-28) Florin Stingaciu: Honestly, I've been looking for something like this for a while. Great job. If you improved the search functionality, I'd give you five stars. It matches other stuff to easily. If I type reddit and I have another tab open that contains the keyword red in it, it will still match.
- (2016-08-10) Jason Wold: Can you please, please put the shortcut key into options. had to nagivate back to this site to find it.
- (2016-07-14) I can now fish a tab out of the sea that is my browser tabs.
- (2016-05-31) István Donkó: Awesome! I mean, today I had 171 tabs open around 8 different Win10 virtual desktops, and this is what helps me keep my sanity! :D And the fuzzy search just makes it so convenient after getting used to sublime and atom!
- (2016-03-17) Cyril Lepagnot: Manque l'option de switch automatique comme dans tabtab
- (2016-03-17) shane boy: Grandiosa
- (2016-02-02) Ahmed Brown: Thank you. Exactly what I was looking for. I love you.
- (2015-12-05) Débora Setton: Works great and it's very fast!
- (2015-09-30) Dan Seethaler: Exactly what I was looking for! I updated the shortcut to be Cmd+Shift+Spacebar to almost mirror the the Cmd+Spacebar that opens Spotlight on the mac. Very pleased.
- (2015-09-23) WaQas Lal: i love it... try to add some more cool feature...
- (2015-06-25) Jeffrey Cahyono: Just what I'm looking for, awesome!
- (2015-05-11) Marco Trevisan: Awesome! It would be nice to add an option to change the keybinding, though.
- (2015-04-26) Stig Sandbeck Mathisen: A helpful time saver. Useful for when I have more than far too many documentation pages up, and need to find one in a hurry.
- (2015-03-27) Dražen Lučanin: Seems to work fine, but a bit sluggish to open the input text field and allow you to start typing in. If that would be improved, the plugin would deserve 5 stars.
- (2015-02-13) ketan mujumdar: Super Helpful awesome :D
- (2015-01-07) Bengt Ericsson: Seems to be some problems with the keyboard context, after switching I can't use ctrl+tab.
- (2015-01-06) Weston McNamee: This really needs to show a flat list of tab titles, which is updated as the user types in the search box.
- (2014-12-20) Joen Tolgraven: should be a part of core chrome
- (2014-12-16) Bergg Uscha: just installed it. first impression - exactly what I searched for. suggestion: in order to get rid of unnecessary tabs a [x] button right next to search results (hover over) to close those you want to get rid of would be nice. choosing tabs you want to close first takes time.