Quickly Launch Custom Workspaces
Workspace Launcher allows users to create presets of tabs for any occasion. If you have a set of websites that you tend to visit for a specific task, the extension allows you to save your tabs into a workspace which can be quickly reopened from a new Chrome window or tab. Workspaces are capable of storing whether a tab within your preset is pinned as well. You can easily save the tabs open in a current window by clicking the Workspace Launcher icon from the top right of your Chrome window. Workspaces can also be created from the Workspace Launcher interface itself. Create a workspace for: - Typical sites you visit to start off the day - Resources for a specific work project - Sites you use for a school course - Social media sites - Blogs you follow - Any set of sites you want to revisit in the future!
- (2019-07-29) Sean Eugene: Very useful! Not as feature rich as I was hoping, but hey, you get what you pay for ;)
- (2019-05-24) Mario Viña Otero: Al menos a mí no me funciona. Me obliga a poner un nombre al espacio pero no me deja poner el nombre ¿?
- (2019-02-13) Aman Shaikh: Hey, this seems like a really interesting extension, although my new tab seems kinda blank. it would be cool to have a feature which suggests grouping of pages which i frequently use rather than me thinking about all possible presets i might enjoy. also if there was an option to add widgets like a simple todo or news or weather i think i wouldn't mind my new tab being taken over. thank for this great work.
- (2019-01-24) Theron Weimer: Good idea, but sub-par implementation. Beyond the quirkiness of the UI (editing frame sometimes goes away mid-edit losing changes) and reorganizing tab order has to be done manually (really needs to have reorder buttons or drag functionality), the URLs are stored in all caps. This breaks some sites which do not conform to capitalization agnostic URLs. The URLs need to be stored exactly as entered without changing the case.
- (2019-01-09) Rachyl Stella: It's *almost* great. I love the idea of having groups of tabs saved, but the execution is missing a few things. 1) I'd love if it didn't take over the new tab page, but instead let me choose to open a workspace in the current or a new window directly from the little browser button. 2) The field to enter a new workspace's name is hard to find - I thought I had to replace the words "Workspace Name" but no, the field is underneath that, on what looks like the separating line. 3) It's really odd that adding a new workspace from the new tab page is in all caps.
- (2019-01-01) Sicut Unum: Shang Tsung saw me install this and then immediately shouted "OUTSTANDING!" as soon as he saw me use it. Could maybe use a tiny bit of UI elbow grease (not the overall aesthetic, that's flawless). For instance when editing a workspace, my "delete" button is cut off at the bottom of my screen when working with a large list of urls. Also I am programmed at this point to believe clicking on a field leads to writing on that field and in several locations I was thrown off a bit by having to click the line below what appeared to be the field description. Other than that, this is an awesome tool. Thankyou!
- (2018-07-12) Justin Sharber: This is a great extension - it's just what I need. I had been using multiple chrome profiles to get web workspaces, but this is much better. There are a couple issues. One is that it's too easy to delete a workspace - the "delete" button is directly under the "save" button, and it's too easy to click. Second, deleted workspaces still reserve the name. If you delete a workspace and try to recreate it, you can't name it the same thing, nor can you recover the deleted workspace. It would be nice to be able to drag and drop website names in the ordering, although it's not a must-have.
- (2018-05-17) Laura Shanae: REALLY COOL! Only problem is that I need it to work when I open a new Incognito window. I've enabled for incognito, but can't launch from there. To solve this, (in addition making a more intuitive interface), all you need is an option to launch a workspace when you click on the logo, instead of ONLY letting you save your current tabs. If you could save OR launch---two birds, one stone. Let us know when you issue an update for this! Thanks for the awesome plugin!
- (2018-03-20) Dessauges Antoine: Really cool but the black design is hard to read. If you can add an option to change the background color or use a background image, it will be perfect.
- (2018-01-25) ren: Nice. Thank you.
- (2017-11-07) Matías Celasco: When a workspace change there is no way to save the changes so I had to create a new one and remove the old one. Also, the lenght limit for the workspace names is way too short.
- (2017-06-22) Samuel: I good idea, for me personally, would be to lock it in some what that you can only keep the tabs and can't add new ones. This can apply to people with habits of going on to distacting websites.
- (2017-06-13) Daniel Latch: Promising product but what is the group limit? How many groups are allowed? I've lost two groups by deleting the windows once saving the group only to find them missing when I returned at a later time. It almost just happened again but this time I was aware enough from past pain to closely examine each onscreen element and test the product before deleting the source. Nothing told me I was over limit and must upgrade to save or perhaps inform me how to consolidate groups into subcategories for research - another premium feature? I have five group. Must I consolidate and if so, How? Best practice? What's the limit and What's the next level? Keep it up and penetrate the market. Great start!
- (2017-06-04) Zoltán Szoboszlai: It would be super nice if you would stop converting all URL into capitalized letters. I can't add some stuff to the workspace due to this. I would like to add some subreddit for example but reddit.com/R/SOMETHING is failing due to the capital letters.
- (2017-05-19) Евгений Гринец: Thank you! That's what I have needed for a long time! But, can you add function for resave current (or custom) workspace with current open tabs by button at right top corner. I mean, if I have tab1, tab2, tab3 in workspace1, then open workspace1, do some thoings and open tab4 and close tab2, press resave current workspace by open tabs permanently and next, if I open workspace1 I have tab1 and tab2 in my window. I work with many sites and many different pages on this sites and what I need, save current session for some site as workpace1 and other pages of this site or another site as workspace2 and later get it again. Then, I be back and give you one more star:D Look at the FreshStart Extension and other extensions of it developer (TooManyTabs for example). But they are have ugly design and some else kind of problems. You extension is my choice, so, if you do some more settings it's be very cool. Sory for my English, if anything.
- (2017-04-12) André Lins de Albuquerque: I need to create groups of tabs and switch to each one of them. This extension did not fulfill my expectations. Initially I had 5 tabs opened belonging to 2 logical groups. I created one workspace, it included all 5 tabs. So I created a second workspace expecting to move some tabs from the first to the second, but it copied the first instead of creating an empty one. How do I delete certain tabs from each? Now when I click on a workspace, instead of switching to the other tab set, it opens 5 new duplicated tabs. Very confusing, frustrating, hard to figure out, and useless as it is.
- (2017-04-06) Jakadelle Corven: Ahhh this is what I needed all the time! Thank you so much for this!
- (2017-03-09) Adam Karacsony: I'd really like this extension, but it ruins the "new tab" page which feature can't be turned off. Please change that or at least make a setting where that can be turned off!
- (2017-03-06) Taryn Morvillo: This is a great - GREAT - concept and so far the execution has been seamless, the UI is sexxxy (dark and mysterious - yet simple to control!), and I haven't even spent all that much time w/it yet. So please, keep up the good work - a lot of people are looking for this. My only issue: The OPTION to have Workspace Launcher replace my New Tab (or the ext'n I like as my New Tab) is cool. The unannounced hijacking of the user's New Tab page will cause riots - I've seen it happen. While it's definitely a feature a lot of people will want, it's a feature a lot of people will cuss you out/install, see that happen, and uninstall immediately - never giving it a chance - this whole New Tab polarization is a trend I've noticed in the Chrome Store with the introduction of truly top-notch, innovative, big problem-solving extensions - and yours is game-changer - elegant, streamlined. Is there an "uncheck" option? If the New Tab takeover is optional, and you highlight this as a feature? OMG you will win the internet or something equally HUGELY random yet Obviously Impressive... People go a little bit crazy when their New Tab gets messed with . . . Okay, I get a bit crazy when this happens... But see how calmly I'm being? That's because your extension is so awesome, and also cuz I think people who make my virtual life better, simpler, more productive, etc. are to be encouraged, acknowledged, appreciated, and fist-bumped. So: Thank you - this is really useful - REALLY REALLY - and a pleasure to use. I shall spread the word. [pound fists] Just keep up the great work!
- (2017-02-24) ire: I think that it it's a great start although not being able to delete/edit workspaces is a bit of a turn-off for me
- (2017-02-22) Harry Reafor: clean and so good.most specially the black UI
- (2017-02-05) John-Paul Martelino: Really helpful! I use it to navigate through my work for different courses at school seamlessly! Also use it to preset spaces for music, news, and stuff like that; really lets me optimizes my study breaks!
- (2017-02-04) Joe Santos: What a great way to get right into your work! I have a set of webpages that I need opened up depending on the task and activity. Whether I'm at work, home, at the coffee shop, I can open the right pages and get started with work, reading, catching up on news.