Click and drag anywhere to scroll the page.
This extension makes it possible to to scroll pages as if the scrollbar was right under your pointer. Just press the right mouse button (or any other of your choice) and move the mouse. If you want grab-and-drag style scrolling, just set it up in the options. The extension is based on the Wet Banana extension and inspired by Scrollbar Anywhere for Firefox. Changes in 2.16: - Stop gliding when a key is pressed or the mouse wheel is scrolled. - Fix a bug where the default mouse click actions were incorrectly prevented. Changes in 2.15: - Blacklist bug fix for file URLs. Changes in 2.14, 2.13 and 2.12: - Support for Chrome v60+. Changes in 2.11: - Add a blacklist, allowing users to disable scrolling on certain domains. Changes in 2.10: - Fixed a bug where settings in open tabs were not updated.
- (2023-03-21) A. J. McGinnis: Wish it worked, because the premise is awesome. Unfortunately the only page it actually works on is the 'Scrollbar Anywhere' options page-- it doesn't do a thing anywhere else.
- (2023-02-14) Hà Lê: Immaculate
- (2022-11-28) 숲지기: I've been looking for this for 30 years.
- (2022-10-26) Bree Vwhyman: Sir // MAdam, This is an excellent extension that WEB BROWSERS should consider embedding into the design. They have already tried this with OVERLAY SCROLLBARS inside chrome://flags............but honestly? Overlay SB's does not really function all that well.......? i have a widescreen Laptop here , which is extremely common. There will be over 300 million of these Laptops and the display settings are all standard. When in OVERLAY SCROLLBARS and you take the mouse pointer to the RIGHT SCREEN SIDE edge nothing happens. You must then move the pointer tiny amounts inwards to get overlay scrollbars to appear......it's a terrible implementation of scrollbars by the browser company's ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ If there was ONE addition that could help your installed extension it's giving "some sort of visual indication" to any Laptop user of HOW to actually scroll. How does a new user to the Laptop know *how* to scroll.... if THEY were not the person who installed your extension? Intuitively a regular laptop user would drag the pointer over to the RIGHT SCREEN SIDE and not find any scrollbar.........and so they would then move to the Laptop KEYBOARD ARROWS or page down. Could you create a method where-upon....... 1) WHEN THE USER PRESSED any "keyboard arrow key" to try to scroll the web page........ 2) As the user did (1 above) also A SCREEN MESSAGE APPEARED telling the user how to use the MOUSE to scoll by "holding down the mouse button and sliding the mouse" it's just a helper for NEW USERS of machines where those USERS have no idea your extension is installed.
- (2021-08-18) Sunil Vanmullem: Doesnt work :-( . in principle it looks fine, but i couldnt get the horizontal scrolling to work at all
- (2021-02-04) Mar Mad: top class:)
- (2020-12-22) Askar Kalykov: (Had to install it again to write a review, which sucks). This extension blocked all my rightclick popups in chrome, that really sucks. I got to know this only after some days being frustrated by not being able to use any popup menus anywhere. Took me some time to figure out what extension does that. Not recommended to those who still want the full mouse, not half of it.
- (2020-11-05) TheOutThereChannel: seems to work but at a cost.. right click paste stops working
- (2020-10-19) John Doe: Can I use with two buttoons? Ie. drag with Left & Right Mouse buttons clicked at once,
- (2020-09-04) Alexej Ismailov: Works well! Only problem might be interference with default OS keys like ctrl+clicking on mac actually triggers right click instead. And yeah, didn't work here while scrolling through reviews... which is kinda ironic :)
- (2019-11-21) Clark Kierstadt: Since I switched to Linux some of my favorite tablet features stopped working. This bridged that gap, thank you, works wonderfully :D
- (2019-09-18) Real Name: agree with Sean C
- (2019-09-13) Lancelot Xavier: Just what I was looking for. A way to scroll sideways with two fingers after I zoom.
- (2019-07-05) thoream: Nice work, so simple and useful. :D
- (2019-03-08) Exactly what I was looking for and actually works. Thank you!
- (2019-03-05) AMAZINGG!! I use it all day every day. It's most useful when you don't want to kill your finger scrolling, you can even adjust the friction (well, I use default, BUT!). The only thing I miss is some (adjustable?) click/drag tolerance, quite often I drag instead of clicking (1 or 2 pixels). This would be better than "Don't drag when clicking on text" which I don't use (there are often websites text areas full of text).
- (2019-02-28) Works "almost" flawlessly. I'ts a shame that OS and Chrome doesn't have adequate scrolling built in.
- (2018-11-09) Sean C: This isn't a scrollbar anywhere... Because if your cursor is over an image or link it doesn't scroll. You have to move the cursor off of those things for it to work. So it kind of defeats the purpose for me, because if i have the move the cursor any way i might as well just use the browser scroll bar. So if the dev ever sees this, please add an option to enable scroll ANYWHERE. It would also be nice to have a consistent scroll speed option, because currently the scroll speed completely depends on how large/long the page is, so the speed varies from page to page.
- (2018-10-24) Hans Luijten: Works as advertised! Excellent! For MacOS users; if your right mouse button no longer seems to work within Chrome: Go to the "Scrollbar Anywhere" settings and set "Which button will you hold down to drag?" to "middle".
- (2018-10-01) Max Ivanov: no horisontal srkoll block draggs page in all diractions instead of vertical
- (2018-08-25) d t: This is amazing, thank you! Saves me carpal tunnel hand from stress. Grateful for this invention!
- (2018-08-15) Joon Keat: Wow what a useful little tool! Tried it for a minute and I'm hooked. It's way better than the middle mouse scrolling, great for slow fluid scrolling or quick page scanning. A small tool with huge impact to browsing experience.
- (2018-08-02) Ignatius: I can't scroll in places I want to scroll, only places with scrollbars. I would like it better if you could add the ability to scroll in places that have no scrollbars. I can't scroll in Discord areas that require me to scroll so that would be very helpful
- (2018-07-26) Javier Sanz: ME ENCANTAAAA!!! justo lo que necesitaba para hacer scroll con una pantalla táctil (no nativa) usando el click del raton
- (2018-07-03) jinjeur (jinj): This extension is really nice. I was looking for something to read animated comics with and found this very useful for that. one problem with the extension is that scroll speed is page length dependent. the more content you load on a page, the faster the scrolling will be. it's good for websites with no auto loading properties.
- (2018-06-11) Dean Or: Works great! Lots of options and I like the option to grab & drag and the cursor turning into a hand when you do that. Just what I wanted.
- (2018-04-01) William: Finally! A middle scroll button that woks on Neverware Cloudready! Thanks!
- (2018-02-09) Janitor Fish: Просто, бысто и удобно
- (2018-01-29) Emiliano Ruiz Carletti: No funciona en Chromium (Ubuntu Gnome)
- (2018-01-18) Вася Васнецоф: То что искал.
- (2017-12-17) Chris Vydas: no love for firefox, no updates since 2015
- (2017-12-12) Ken: 太好了！又省下600买鼠标的钱！感谢作者！！！！
- (2017-09-22) Doesn't scroll on some sites (example: mydealz.de)
- (2017-09-02) Alvin Lin: still hope to see 1 day left button gets implemented, it's great otherwise
- (2017-08-28) Falk Keegan: Works perfectly for chrome, but not in Vivaldi browser. Vertical Tabs (that are actually not horrible) and Scrollbar Anywhere seems to be a Firefox only combination sadly..
- (2017-06-24) eulenberg: 移動範囲の大きさやスクロール方向の反転など、細かい設定が出来てとても便利です。
- (2023-04-08, v:2.17) Hannes Grebin: won't block context menu on macbook
If I switch off SA everything shows up again. Thanks
- (2022-01-18, v:2.17) Tema Artemev: In Manjaro KDE Chromium doesn't work
In Manjaro KDE Chromium doesn't work
- (2021-04-05, v:2.17) 5silentrain: The extension works only on images opened in a new tab
I wish there was an option that allows this extension to work only on images opened in new tabs.
- (2020-06-02, v:2.17) 5silentrain: Smoothness of the "Grab and drag" style like in the "Photos" app from Microsoft
Could you make smoother moving around the image in the "Grab and drag" mode? 🤔 Like in the application "Photos" from Windows 10. It would be great!
- (2019-06-17, v:2.15) K Es Tressier: Doesn't allow me to select textbox inputs
hello! really love love this extension. So far it works very well except for one little problem I have where it won't allow me to select textboxs on some sites (like twitter and facebook, to name two major ones) This is only when I have the button to allow me to click and scroll over text since I find this option too intrusive for me when scrolling and reading articles. I have to usually hold one of the "hold" buttons to put a cursor in an text field, but it also doesn't allow me to move the cursor around freely in the text to fix typos unless I hold down one of those buttons as well. I know that's likely what they are for to work around the issue, but figured I'd report the bug anyway to see if there is perhaps an option that could be added where you hold down both the left and right mouse button to place a cursor in a text field since I don't usually have a keyboard available in front of me? (and when I do I tend to forget to hold down the button anyway anytime I try to click in a text field) I keep the button to not scroll when over text unticked since I find that more intrusive then this text field issue, but I hope to see an update sometime in the future as so far this extension has made browsing so much easier for me as someone who hates using the mouse wheel and also is far more used to using my tablet pcs pen to navigate (This makes the mouse act the same way, so feels more comfortable for me!) Thanks again for making this extension !!
- (2019-05-23, v:2.15) Jindřich Vysocký: Event disposal
Hi, when I check the option "Do not drag on text", I guess you handle the event improperly. The problem I have with that is when I select some text and I want to right click and select "Search google for <selected string>" the text becomes unselected and different context window show up as a result.
- (2019-02-22, v:2.15) Allen W: Report some problems...
Hi David, I want to report some problems for your extension. Can you tell me your email? I also sent you a "Hangouts Conversations" invite which you can see in the bottom left of your Gmail account.
- (2018-03-29, v:2.14) pepper jack: Only works on test page
I'm not able to save the settings. It functions as expected on the settings page but no where else
- (2018-02-20, v:2.14) Jan Elznic: Vivaldi browser 1.14 support for right and middle mouse button
Hi, please can you help me with Vivaldi browser support? Extension doesn't work properly in version 1.14 on right and middle mouse button. Please have you any suggestions how to solve it? https://forum.vivaldi.net/topic/22642/scrollbar-anywhere-like-extensions-stopped-working-after-1-13 Thank you very much. Jan Elznic [email protected]
- (2018-01-06, v:2.14) Filippo Orrù: Doesn't work in PDFs. Please add this :)
It would be great if it worked in pdfs because it's where I need to scroll the most. Thanks for your addon anyways, it's great!
- (2017-11-08, v:2.14) Locking a web page via the scroll bar
I'd like to keep a particular web page in a fixed location while I work so it doesn't move up or down by itself. Does your app allow me to fix or lock a scroll bar in place until I release it? Thanks!
- (2017-09-22, v:2.13) Dylan Hayes: Right Click Options
Works perfectly for me except for one thing: I often select text, right click, and "search google for" as a quick query. This funtion doesn't work with Scrollbar Anywhere unfortunately. Once text is highlighted, right clicking deselects the text. I didn't realize how often I do this until adding this extension, and it makes it unuseable for me. Otherwise a great idea! Notes: On Chrome / Windows 10
- (2017-09-17, v:2.13) Alter: Problem with press right key and request
Hello! See that if press right key of mouse on link, that dont trigger scroll. And want request some improve. Add mode when place on screen where click be equal place in right scrollbar. For example, now if you go to middle of site and start scrolling it starts from middle, i want that it start from place where cursor be relative place of stripe in right scrollbar. And add possibility disable reset place of stripe in right sb when move cursor with stripe and go out right zone to middle of screen. Thanks.
- (2017-08-17, v:2.13) B Shepard: Disable over links
Hey, love the extension and use it all the time. However, I notice it makes clicking links difficult sometimes. If there is a way to disable the tool when the mouse cursor is over links that would help. Thanks.