A simple but powerful new tab enhancement for Google Chrome
Knew Tab is an awesome new tab replacement. It's way smarter than any other new tab replacement out there, and requires absolutely no setup. Instantly see the productivity increase with access to your unread emails, facebook notifications, and many other important news from the day. Hit Settings up top to see all the available options! *** Updates *** 4.2 - Bug fixes and improvements! 3.4 - Live google search 3.3 - Updated options panel & minor styling changes 3.2.5 - Real time stock prices 3.2.4 - Fixing the stock ticker percent change 3.2.2 - Switched to a font with a straight baseline 3.2.1 - Added a custom RSS URL option 3.1 - Removed ads, looking for other ways to monetize 3.0 - Revamped UI, way better weather support, better stock support, and more options 2.7 - More options, weather zip codes, faster loading 2.6 - Making dark theme the default 2.5 - Stock ticker, photo of the day 2.4 - Dark theme 2.3 - Beginning internationalization, bug fixes 2.2 - Notepad 2.1 - Icon tooltips, more speed options, bug fixes 2.0 - Updated design, way more options, news sources and more 1.1 - Faster facebook and more options *** Features *** Light and Dark theme Local Weather Facebook Gmail Photo of the Day Stock Ticker Word of the Day Clock Customizable News Feed Notepad And so much more coming soon. Leave a 5 star review with the services you want, and we'll make it happen. (Note: This extension displays some optional ads. If you do not wish to support us, you are welcome to disable ads in the settings.)
- (2018-01-11) Vitaliy Vlasenko: Initially the News Source was Google. Now It says the News Source is Deprecated. Now the Word of the Day is also gone. On top of that it can not figure out my location. I used to love this app, but it has gotten worse and worse over the years.
- (2017-11-08) Vincent Astolfi: Love this extension. Been using it for 3 years. The interface is clean and unlike any of the other clutter-filled extensions available today. Google discontinued an RSS feed that this extension utilized and it was broken, but I made a support request and it was fixed that day. Love the devs on this project!!
- (2017-08-21) Seth Oedewaldt: eliminate the news sources that require a subscription or complain about adblock. Washington post constantly requires me to sign in after clicking a news story, but before I can read anything. this is a primary usage so please eliminate that as a news source.
- (2017-03-24) Todd Suttles: cant figure out what it does or how to make it do it. NO HELP or Install instructions
- (2017-01-29) Nathan Harris: Recent version literally breaks Gmail if you follow the link to your inbox. After loading up, you have to refresh GMail to fix issues with missing icons and such... I verified it was KnewTab by disabling/enabling and comparing, as well as uninstalling/reinstalling. Be nice if those issues got fixed...
- (2017-01-08) Jacob Rosinplotz: This is so much better to use than the general new tab!
- (2016-09-02) Bryant Collins: Apps that open a new window don't open properly and I haven't found a way to change the search engine from Google, other than that it's a very good new tab page.
- (2016-01-20) Wilma Diaz: I hate that Chrome apps page that opens up every time, how annoying!! This is so useful and yes, super fast. I love it!!!
- (2015-12-01) boagiu alina: I love it!!!
- (2015-10-12) Sricharan Chiruvolu: Very useful and super fast!
- (2015-08-05) Beka Dixon: I enjoy this extension VERY MUCH!There is only 1 reason it is not 5 stars,but honestly, IDK if its the extension or my chromebook(its an acer 710c,& Ive been having problems with it!).I know they were released in Oct. 2012,& I got mine 5-9 months after they were released,so it was the end of Spring/beginning of Summer in 2013.The problem I am having is that if I shutdown my chromebook, when I turn it back on & open chrome,which is where this page is suppose 2 come up(or at least thats when it comes up on my chromebook, its basically my homepage),instead of getting this 1 page, I get flooded with pages opening,& on every1 of those pages in the address box it says chrome-internal://newtab (without any spaces of course). & when I go 2 extensions, the enable box is checked by Knew Tab=this Extension. The only thing I have figured out how to do is to manually close each tab, & go to extensions & uncheck & then recheck the enable box for this Knew Tab. I have not been able to figure out why this is happening or how 2 fix it,& I have even disabled almost every extension I have on this chromebook(only leaving the ones I really need active,& those are ones I had on here before I had this extension and way before I began having this problem with this extension). The other thing that happens at the same time,is my mouse starts giving me problems,& if I keep trying 2 use it,the mouse stops completely. I have also had problems with my chromebook actually freezing! This has been going on a while,& all I can do is let the battery run dead,plug it back in & sign in, & before going 2 any web pages, I go 2 extensions 1st & disable this extension, wait about 30 seconds, then enable it again. I can then go 2 chrome & open a web page & this is the 1st page I get & it works perfectly! If any1 has any suggestions, I am a novice with technology,especially the related terminology,but can follow directions well,so as long as any suggestion cannot cause a total crach or something,I would be willing 2 try any suggestions. Thanks ahead of time to any1 that may can help,& thanks 2 the 1 who made this, it makes getting the info I want 2 know w/out surfing the web or reading the news paper,cause nobody has time for that!
- (2015-06-08) Bryant Nathan: I love it.
- (2015-05-30) Ahmed Ragab: nice app
- (2015-04-20) David Wood: I like this application. It is quick and simple.
- (2015-01-15) Laudanum Nt: удобно и просто
- (2014-12-29) Sarah Payne: I love this app almost always, but it seems to wig out on Facebook notifications and will say that I have unread notifications even when I make sure I don't. It's not a huge issue, just something that bugs me part of the time. Otherwise it's very nice, modern, and handy to have.
- (2014-11-24) Trevor Garner: First downloaded this over a year ago. Since then I couldn't find it and thought I lost it. Had tried other new tab pages. All were horrible. Then somehow it magically showed up again for me and I'm happy again!
- (2014-11-18) Chip Marshall: Love this extension. It's simple, it works. Not sure why people have issues uninstalling it, just go to the Extensions page in Chrome and hit the trash can, just like any other extension.
- (2014-05-21) So for those who apparently do NOT know how to use chrome go to chrome://extensions and find the extension. I managed to uninstall (and reinstall) it not only once, but five times in a row. But overall this is a great extension, I love how it shows all the information. Too bad some of the lower bar buttons do not work so 4 out of 5
- (2014-05-13) nacha conchetumare: this is so... bagh
- (2014-05-03) mildred wilson: how do u delete this app i want another theme
- (2014-04-11) Soph N: OMG scary at first I fell for it and i thought it was so cool! but then i clicked on button and it said "this program is connected to some websites that know your location" then right under it it had these random letters that looked more like aslfafoasgna;jgas;fgas;fdkjfa so i freaked out a little bit and finally had to go through some terminal to delete this because other wise, its IMPOSSIBLE TO DELETE THIS never getting this again
- (2014-03-28) Chelsey Thompson: This is AMAZING. I was hesitant about downloading it due to the 3.5 star rating, but that rating is so inaccurate. It seems the only reason idiots keep leaving 1 star reviews is because they're too stupid to know how to uninstall an extension... in which case, they have no business installing extensions in the first place. Minimal, quick, just customisable enough without offering you so many options that you waste time fiddling with needless tweaks, this is a perfect extension that solved my problem (web history on the New Tab page) beautifully and actually brought far more value than I expected. I've been recommending it to my friends.
- (2014-03-26) Jhusten Mann-Elahi: Love it! Would love it more if it had various backgrounds with VSCOcam filters. Also Default doesn't work anymore. Other than those minor issues I love it.
- (2014-03-19) sipa sukhanindr: How do you get it out , i like the old one better
- (2018-09-19, v:4.2.5) Alberto Cattaneo: Word of the day
Word of the day just displays a blank bar. It still functions as a link to the site, but it doesn't actually show it in the tab
- (2018-05-16, v:4.2.5) Ross Weisman: Needs update
Slowly but surely, most of the custom features (news, Facebook, etc.) have broken down and haven't been fixed. I love the look of this extension, but it needs to be updated.
- (2017-11-24, v:4.2.5) Gregory Grove: Weather
The weather is not for my location and I cannot set my location.
- (2017-11-04, v:4.2.5) Vincent Astolfi: This RSS Feed URL has been Deprecated
The RSS Feed from Google that is being used to pull in news is deprecated. I've been using this extension for years and LOVE it. The simplicity of the Knew Tab page makes it infinitely better than the other cluttery extensions available today. I would love to see an update to fix the RSS feed so I can continue using this lovely extension. Thanks!
- (2017-09-29, v:4.2.5) Eric Wong: Weather Option can't detect globally
Weather is not updating based on my location.
- (2017-09-19, v:4.2.5) Irenia Alvarez: Wrong location on weather
The location is incorrect in my knew tab, I can't change it. How do I fix it?
- (2016-10-24, v:4.2.3) Irina Svetlowa: Extension buyout
Hi, I am interested in acquiring your extension "Knew Tab - New Tab Page". Please contact me at: [email protected]
- (2016-01-06, v:4.1) Cheryl Williams: Just what is "Support"
Why is this called "Support"? I have posted 2 times and have read other entries to find there is no "Support"...
- (2015-12-31, v:4.1) Ben Graver: Google Top News
It appears as though the RSS feed you are reading for the Google Top News is not working anymore.
- (2015-12-20, v:4.1) Александр Шинкунс: earn money
Earn from $7000 per month from every 100k users. Get in touch! skype: extension.monetizer email: [email protected]
- (2015-12-20, v:4.1) Cheryl Williams: Knew Tab reducing itself..adendum
That post did not copy correctly.. I only have date/time, word of the day, gmail, time/temp, and a blank newsfeed..