Add a keyboard shortcut to move the current tab to a new window or popup.
3.3 - Added "Tap To Previous Window" command 3.2 - No longer tries to move tabs into popup or app windows - Ported to TypeScript 3.0 - Multi-display support! - Move tabs by clicking the menu button - Tabs can be moved between existing windows - Move multiple tabs at once - Link to tab: right click a link and use the menu - Convert a window to popup without moving with the Tab to Popup command - Settings now synced with Chrome profile - Common options available in menu button menu 2.3 - Support for fullscreen and maximized windows. - New default keys, which avoid clashes with default Chrome commands 2.2 - Focus on new window - Pop back in Command - Open in 'popup' window - Keep original window position and size - Clone original window position and size for new window Earlier https://github.com/acarabott/tabToWindow/releases
- (2021-09-04) Miguel Garza: I love that if you send the tab to a popup, the icon in the (Windows 10) taskbar is specific to that page and separate from your regular browser icon. Love it, love it.
- (2021-07-17) Slim Geek: good overall. but an option to disable the context menu entry would be better.
- (2021-07-11) Lyn T: hi, i love the app but is there anyway to set default function will be "TAB TO THE NEXT WINDOW Alt + Z" will be the main function when click on the extension icon, thanks in advance.
- (2021-05-30) Matteo Bezzi: useful but annoying: every time i start chrome, it keeps opening a tab to explain the shortcuts.
- (2021-05-09) Seth Nielsen: This is what I have been waiting years for. I'm so glad I found it. It works perfectly on Arch Linux.
- (2021-02-22) Seungwon Lee: What an awesome extension!
- (2021-02-11) Povilas Panavas: I've looked for this multiple times. Not sure how I was not able to find this plugin before. But today is the happy day! All I ever needed is to move the tab to another monitor in a new window. The only missing thing is that it doesn't respect the window size/status (if I'm in maximised window, I expect a new one to be maximised). Let's say I have Chrome on monitor 2 (with maximised status), I click alt+shift+d, the tab goes to monitor 1 in a new Chrome window. However, it's not maximised. I also saw author's message that there are settings for it, but I don't really see anything which I could change there which would fix it. I have default settings.
- (2021-02-04) Thaki Chowdhury: Awesome extension that I use several times a day.
- (2020-12-04) CJ Harvey: Brilliant little hack that helped my workflow tremendously!
- (2020-10-25) Seshan Suresh: Super super helpful for ppl with multiple monitors !!!! It's a must have... Thanks @dev
- (2020-10-22) Matthieu Desprez: It works as expected, thanks for this extension ! And kudos for open sourcing the code
- (2020-07-25) G B: WOW. You can even choose where the new window ends up in the options.
- (2020-07-18) Larry T.Lover: This is what I have been looking for. Works exactly as described. Great Job
- (2020-04-14) Andrey Goncharov: Awesome! I have multiple windows, one of which is always in full screen mode. I got tired of Chrome opening links in that full screen mode window. Now I can easily move the opened tab with the link. Thank you!
- (2020-02-12) Dustin Davis: I loved using this extension in Chrome and it worked well in Brave, but now I have switched to Vivaldi and it doesn't work unfortunately :(
- (2020-01-05) Pierre Goutagny: Works as intended 100% of the time with bspwm! Thanks a lot!
- (2019-11-17) Akasaka Ryuunosuke: Is a sweet extension to use with i3wm.
- (2019-11-08) Tawan Arayatham: Works great, however I have three monitor setup so it's be nice if there's an option to send tab to previous monitor instead of cycle through the next monitor in the sequence.
- (2019-10-04) Seiji Amasawa: Awesome!
- (2019-07-03) Vicki Brown: This solves my problem of easily taking one tab out of a set and turning it into a window. (That functionality should be part of Chrome). It loses one sar because I don't want tiled windows. I want the new window (and the old one) to not change size!
- (2019-06-13) Roman Denysenko: This plug-in is very friendly and useful in routine work. Arthur , thank you for you big and hard work !!!!!
- (2019-06-10) Claudiu Paraschiv: I would like it to not resize the new window to half my screen vertically.
- (2019-05-06) Mariano Bonora: I've been looking for something like this for quite some time now. I loved it. Simple, yet extremely powerful.
- (2019-04-12) Brian Sayatovic: Almost perfect! I love that I can finally overcome the terrible MacOSX/Chrome experience where clicking a link in a 3rd party app adds a tab to the most recently active window. Now I can work-around that horrible usability with a single keystroke. The only problem I have is it "moves" the original window (which I had sized and positioned exactly where I wanted it before MacOSX/Chrome victimized it with an unrelated link).
- (2019-03-25) Saburomaru Jiro: I love this extensiono. I use this on Linux with i3wm.
- (2019-03-17) Mihail Gaberov: Long time looked extension. Saves a lot of time in tedious switching between tabs. Love it! Big thanks!
- (2018-10-21) Works exactly as described, very useful for window tiling.
- (2018-10-14) Thiago Lages de Alencar: Solve my problem and is very very simple! Great settings and all I love whem someone cares about this little details
- (2018-10-11) Thaki Chowdhury: Works just as intended with just the right amount of options for customization! Awesome addition.
- (2018-07-28) Josh Way: I love it, but for some reason it changes the color of the title bar now when using a Chrome theme you like for productivity like a dark theme. It changes the pop-out windows title-bar to some random light grey. What happened??
- (2018-07-04) Karl Piper: Functions smoothly, quite useful.
- (2018-06-18) sabasc leavitt: Very easy to use! I automated the opening of Google Voice and Google Hangouts into popups since they open as tabs / windows in Chrome by default.
- (2018-05-11) Jonathan Holford: Jeff Buckley!!
- (2018-03-26) Bernard Zimmermann: I miss this function from firefox so thank you. Please consider on a wishlist a mouse click instead of a keyboard.
- (2018-03-24) Stevie Howard: The ability to move the current tab to/from a new window via keyboard shortcut is a missing feature in Chrome, in my opinion. This extension fills that gap. Great idea, and well executed. 5/5
- (2018-03-16) huntington pennington: Incredibly useful!
- (2018-02-17) Jackk: Alt-X and Alt-C do the same
- (2018-01-03) Jack Repenning: This core functionality is a great advance. Still, it wants to tile, but I want cascade (move right the width of the three "ju-ju-be" buttons, down the height of the tab bar, if either of those pushes the window edge off-screen, wrap that dimension around to zero/top/left). Also, the webstore shows "default" key bindings, but no bindings were installed with the extension, I had to configure that myself. Maybe these were intended as "suggested" bindings?
- (2017-11-09) Beloved Bibimbab: First impressions very good indeed
- (2017-10-24) Soojeong Jang: AT LAST. Break Chrome TAB!!! Love U
- (2017-09-13) Eli Katz: in my top ten list of most useful extensions
- (2017-09-12) Weston Greene: I use it innumerable times each day. Combined with BetterTouchTool to snap the window from one monitor to another, I can disperse my websites in seconds without taking my hands from the keyboard.
- (2017-07-19) Ben Gold: Hey, I love this extension. But why is there no way to have the window open completely over the original window? What I mean, is when I activate your extension is I'd like the tab to pop up as the same size (fullscreen in most cases for me) and NOT offset. So if Chrome is maximized , I'd the tab to be totally maximized also. Thanks!
- (2021-03-19, v:3.3.0) Paul P: Move all tabs from one window to another window
Hey there, really awesome extension! I got one suggestion for you: maybe think about a feature where you can move all tabs from the current active chrome window to the next/previous window (also via shortcut would be awesome)
- (2021-01-08, v:3.3.0) eduardo sontag: not working in my linux chrome
Hi - using linux ubuntu - since a month or so ago, when I try to detach a tab, the new tab appears empty (and without a menu bar). I installed your extension, but it didn't help. Do you happen to know what the problem is? Using Version 87.0.4280.88 (Official Build) (64-bit)
- (2020-03-11, v:3.2.1) Bill Rubin: Double click required?
It seems like I now need to click on the icon twice to have the tab moved to a new window. Is this intentional?
- (2020-02-15, v:3.2.1) version 3.2.1
I am writing this sentence using a translator. There is a problem with version 3.2.1. Clicking the icon in the upper right may not work. There was no problem in version 3.0. Can you check and fix it? Thank you.
- (2019-12-28, v:3.0.0) Itaj Sherman: Doesn't keep maximized
When moving tab to new window, if the original window was maximized, the new window (with the single tab) is not maximized. It is just very big. My settings is focus new window, on top. The option to keep full screen status, I expect is related to full screen, not to maximization. Either way, whether I turn it on or off, it doesn't seem to affect this problem.
- (2019-09-18, v:3.0.0) Brian Sayatovic: Move tab to new window *without* re-arranging?
When I press the hotkey to move the current tab to a new window, the window with my remaining tabs is moved to the left half of my screen with the new window for the active tab moved to the right half. That is bothersome when I have my windows arranged how I want. I'd prefer for the remaining-tabs-window to stay wherever it is (location and size) and simply have the active tab placed into a new window.
- (2019-08-14, v:3.0.0) Stephen Dryden: Browser History
Why do you need to view my browser history?
- (2019-08-11, v:3.0.0) P S: On Pixelbook, Ctrl key and Alt both are same
Ctrl + X and Ctrl + C are treated as Alt + X and Alt + C as well, which is unfortunate, because these they are used popularly for cut and copy. This does't happen to other extensions, but only this one. Is fix possible? Thanks!
- (2019-06-20, v:3.0.0) Marcel Schürch: Next Window does not work correctly when Chrome Shortcut is open.
Chrome can create Shortcuts from Websites. Menu -> More Tools -> Create shortcut... This shortcut can be opened like an app. That window is still chrome but does not have tabs. When i use the "Next window" feature of this plugin and a "shortcut" is open, sometimes instead of moving the tab to the next window the shortcut is opened and the Tab stays in the old window. I guess the the plugin tries to move the tab to the shurtcut but that does not work... Steps to recreate: 1. Create a shortcut as explained above (check the "Open as window" checkbox) 2. Open the shortcut 3. Open two normal chrome windows 4. Open a new Tab and use the "Next window" feature of this plugin multiple times until the shortcut window gets focused.
- (2019-04-04, v:3.0.0) Jim Ski: Firefox?
U r awesome! Any chance you can create this extension on firefox too?
- (2019-01-07, v:3.0.0) Jared Dyck: Can actions act on Current window?
I love this extension, but find myself fussing with tabs still... having to create a dummy tab just so I can make a pop-up. Is there any way to have also have the functions work on the current window rather than needing to moving the tab to a new window? ie convert the current popup window to a tabbed window
- (2018-10-23, v:3.0.0) Phil Iovino: Move to already open Chrome window
I emailed this but is there any way to move a current tab to an already open Chrome on the next display instead of a new window? Also, assign it a single key like F12. If not please consider it a feature request
- (2018-10-10, v:3.0.0) Jon Berke: Reverse directions
I often use Alt+Z or Alt+D to move a tab to the next window/monitor. I also frequently find myself wanting to move the tab back to the previous window/monitor but there is no keyboard shortcut to do so. I'd like to suggest making the Shift key reverse the direction of these two commands (e.g., Alt+Shift+Z moves the tab to the previous window).
- (2018-10-10, v:3.0.0) Jon Berke: Ignore Google Hangout window
When moving tabs between windows and the "next" window is the Google Hangouts window, focus shifts to the Hangout window but the tab doesn't move there (probably because the Hangouts window isn't a normal Chrome window). This is problematic because it prevents you from using the keyboard shortcuts to move tabs between windows when Hangouts is "in the middle" of the windows you want to switch between.
- (2018-07-08, v:3.0.0) Emahn Novid: Missing undo option
What happened to the undo feature? Was it remove in a recent update?