Hacker News Enhanced.
- Completely new style - Easy access to all pages - Enhanced comment threads - Collapsible comments - Link to parent - Display all comments on paginated threads - Highlight the original poster - Show and highlight new comments since you last view a thread - Highlight links once clicked to more easily identify what you've recently visited - Redirect back to the front page upon hitting an expired link - New smooth and scalable up and down vote arrows - Clickable links in text submissions and user profiles - Display how many times you've upvoted each user - Graphs on polls - Ability to tag users - Keyboard controls on index pages: j - Next item k - Previous item o - Open story l - Open story in a new tab p - View comments c - View comments in a new tab b - Open both the comments and the story in new tabs View/fork/fix code on github: https://github.com/etcet/HNES
- (2020-02-15) 杨森: definitely the best hacker news extension with no doubt, works like a charm in 2020 even if it's updated nearly a year and half ago.
- (2019-06-04) Allen Lee: 5 stars, period.
- (2018-04-26) Nikolay Kolev: The page refresh upon voting is nasty. Please, add a dark theme is it breaks all Stylish dark themes!
- (2018-03-29) Zachary Morrissey: Great stuff. Reeeaaaaally needs a 'Collapse All Child Comments' button though. It's annoying to have to constantly collapse to get to only top-level comments.
- (2018-01-17) Rob Kniaz: lost upvote ability
- (2018-01-02) Rohan Dhaimade: The latest build lost the css for the upvote and downvote buttons. But beyond that it looks significantly cleaner
- (2017-07-08) Srinivas K: Perfect for a pro hacker news user
- (2017-03-03) Edwin Yip: I like that the comment count and votes are displayed side by side. This is the only reason I'm using this extension, since HN itself has already the "collapse" feature. Thank you very much! Edit 1: I like the bigger and clearer font too :)
- (2016-08-14) Horia Cristescu: Used to work, but since Aug 2016 it doesn't show vote counts any more. Maybe YC has changed the CSS class names. Needs to be updated.
- (2016-08-10) Enrique Correa: Please add to hide child comments Thank you! Great plug in
- (2016-06-28) Natan Abramov: It's a good extension, but it's just makes everything so slow!
- (2016-04-30) Wagner Bonfim: Facilita bastante a legibilidade do site, deixando a tipografia mais agradável aos olhos. A opção de recolher comentários/conversas é uma mão na roda.
- (2016-01-22) Jerry Asher: I like the collapsible threads and the new links, but I'm not fond of the style changes. Wish it were easy to accept the former but not the latter.
- (2015-09-14) I really don't understand why this extension presents such a drastic overhaul of the site interface. Reddit Enhancement Suite doesn't do this. The changes Hacker News Enhancement Suite perform to the css are drastic and unexpected, and experience borders on unusable. Can't say I'm a fan
- (2015-09-03) No Name: notbad
- (2015-08-20) مهاب القحيص: jjjj
- (2015-05-18) Svilen Todorov: I like the UI improvements that this extension brings, but sadly the 'time posted' section on stories on the main page has been removed, and there is no way to bring it back.
- (2015-04-22) Kris Siegel: Not bad except for one huge flaw: if you get the warning that you're posting too fast...well this extension swallows it and completely loses your comment not allowing you to resubmit it later. I had just finished typing out a long response with code examples and everything, hit submit and boom it's gone with zero indication. Otherwise the extension isn't bad but losing data is a really bad thing (hence my one star). Will revise if it gets fixed but I don't think I'll ever use this extension again because of this.
- (2015-04-16) Dan Schuman: Awesome!
- (2015-04-04) Ricardo: Collapsible comments!
- (2015-03-06) Mohan Raj: Best one
- (2015-02-24) John Doe: upd: No longer breaks HN. Only issue I have: On a widescreen monitor, the text is a tad too small, so an option to change font size would be nice. Other than that, it's excellent. Not overloaded, just the right amount of features without feeling "overdone". Definitely recommended.
- (2014-02-12) tdkl: Thank you for prompt fixing the first page display.
- (2014-02-02) Jay N: Collapsible comments, better menus, and generally looks great.
- (2013-12-20) Emanuil Rusev: Great extension. Font size should be configurable, though.
- (2013-10-07) Robert Williams: Fixes the terrible interface of Hacker News and improves readability tenfold. Thank you so much for this!
- (2018-10-19, v:18.104.22.168) Michael Kirlin: Page refresh on downvote/slow upvotes
Hey, I'm getting a full page refresh every time I downvote. Can you please fix this? It's super annoying and makes the "new comment" highlighting useless.
- (2018-09-17, v:22.214.171.124) June Wunder: Thank you!!! and good job
You're doing a fantastic job with this extension especially the new update. Congratulations on making such a nice improvement to a website I love. Keep up the good work!
- (2018-06-07, v:126.96.36.199) Chris Lamb: ctrl+enter publishes comment?
ctrl+enter publishes comment?
- (2018-01-24, v:188.8.131.52) Zach Morrissey: collapse all comments
This is a staple of how I read through reddit comments. There's currently a 'expand all' but no 'collapse all' button.
- (2018-01-17, v:184.108.40.206) Joe George: Can't vote
Voting no longer works.
- (2017-12-27, v:220.127.116.11) Richard Hurt: A fix for voting arrows and icon
It appears as if HN has updated their code Content Security Policy last week. to tighten up security. You need to adjust those permissions in this extension in order to correct this problem and allow these images to appear on the page properly.
- (2017-12-23, v:18.104.22.168) Artur Maklyarevsky: missing upvotes and comments
as of 2 days..
- (2017-08-22, v:22.214.171.124) http://i.imgur.com/LR46MgV.png
I just updated to Chrome 52 on OSX and the vote counts don't seem to be rendering properly anymore.
- (2016-11-17, v:126.96.36.199) Missing vote count
For a few weeks now, I'm only seeing comment counts, and not vote counts.
- (2016-10-29, v:188.8.131.52) Cannot see vote count
I can't see the vote count.