Receive information of a domain directly in the browser when browsing a website.
See the physical location of a website while you are browsing - right in your browser without having to open another page. uDomainFlag is an open source extension for your web browser. This extension shows you automatically where the server of a website is located while you visit a website. If you want more details about the location, just click on the displayed flag. You can see the approximate location (country, state and city), the IP addresses behind the website you have called up and the description of the operator of the IP network. If you want to see more information, you can call it up by clicking on "Additional information". With this extension, you can see where your browser is communicating and which country you are connecting to. The country information is always up to date and is only requested when required. You can find detailed instructions on how uDomainFlag works at https://domainflag.untertainmentbox.com/extension/howitworks. The functionality of uDomainFlag is explained at https://domainflag.untertainmentbox.com/extension/, which permissions are used, encryption measures for data transfer, measures for data protection, change history and answers to other frequently asked questions. If you have found a bug, please report it at https://github.com/Thomas2500/uDomainFlag/issues.
- (2019-05-04) Johnny M.: Works as it should same as Firefox. As the person below states eating CPU, that is totally false. They must have some malware instead.
- (2019-03-16) Thanks! Please integrate new flag icons eg. https://github.com/yammadev/flag-icons.
- (2018-04-13) Bogdan Transcendentov: be careful. eats up CPU like crazy
- (2017-07-16) Anthony Kamau: Rated 1 star (lowest I can go) for incorrect data. Take cni.net.au for instance. This domain is purchased in Australia and the IP address associated with the name is also located in Australia. So, why does uDomainFlag indicate that this website is in the US? Uninstalling...
- (2016-12-10) Chong Hwi: Awesome!
- (2015-11-20) Sky Ai: IP地址不是特别准确，比如我自己用的是香港服务器，但是识别为广州的。。不过扩展信息还有些意思。
- (2015-09-28) Stef Tech Surfer: Was looking for a Chrome alternative for FlagFox, looks like it was the only one which displayed the flag in the URL bar. Thanks! :)
- (2015-08-20) Robert Demilt: un bon indicateur
- (2015-02-06) Silvercharm rules: Wozu die neuen Berechtigungen. Inhalt des Bildschirm erfassen und Kommunizieren mit Websites, wozu ist das gut?
- (2014-09-08) Moo Scree: The best new flags for Chrome! Beats out "Yet another flags" because it finds more (that one says "domain not in database" a bit too much for me). This one is very well designed, includes the most useful information, and avoids overload unlike a couple of the other current flags extensions. It just needs options to disable info one doesn't need/want (but it is cool how the extra data is not loaded until click the icon).
- (2014-06-19) Алексей Соколов: Замечательно!...а с Русским языком - будет Изумительно..!
- (2014-05-01) Philipp Stute: Eine wirklich nützliche App dann kann ich endlich sehen wo der Server der Website und der Standort der website ist.
- (2014-04-30) Vii Chou: Why not end the process while no request ? Like the one "Yet another flags" .
- (2014-04-17) А где Русский язык
- (2014-04-17) Borhan Uddin: Very often shows incorrect data!
- (2014-02-17) Amir Tal: uses DNS = useless
- (2014-01-03) DashKiller Lastname: This is the best flags extension I have found.
- (2013-10-20) Piers: It's more accurate than Yet Another Flags with a simple and clean design.
- (2013-10-09) Patrick Hofschneider: One of the best domainflag i have ever seen! thx
- (2013-10-09) Bernardo Bauer: BÄÄM BÄÄM great :D
- (2013-08-31) Stephen Stratford: Simple and more accurate than some of the other Chrome-flag extensions. How it will be continually updated to maintain its accuracy.
- (2013-08-24) ganesan ram: GOOD THANKS
- (2019-09-12, v:220.127.116.11) Ivan Petrov: Ranking
Hello. Could you please add a couple of page rankings? For example: Alexa Rank: https://awis.alexa.com/developer-guide/actions and Openpagerank: https://www.domcop.com/openpagerank/documentation Thank you.
- (2019-04-01, v:18.104.22.168) The plugin uses more than 100% CPU usage when there are a lot of tabs open.
The plugin uses more than 100% CPU usage when there are a lot of tabs open. First I thought that it is something else but the CPU usage was maxed out from the uDomain flag extension. It is 100% replicatable on browsers with a lot of open tabs.
- (2016-03-26, v:22.214.171.124) Nick Skolozdra: Not in address bar
Hello. I've picked this extension because the description and reviews say the flag is displayed in address bar, but it's not - it's just a button with a stretched flag next to ABP and others. Any way to fix this?
- (2016-01-04, v:126.96.36.199) CPU hogging
I just noticed that the extension is causing fans to come on because of CPU usage. I verified that it was happening in the Chrome Task Manager. I haven't added any new extensions recently or made any system changes in the last couple weeks. Today it just started going a little crazy. If you need my help in trying to find out why, I'm more than happy to help. Let me know. Thanks!
- (2015-07-20, v:188.8.131.52) Luis Ramalho: no flag at all
However, crossing the mouse cursor over the empty blank spot where is supposed to be the flag and the pop-up shows with the informatiob just like show in "Overview".
- (2015-07-20, v:184.108.40.206) Luis Ramalho: no flag at all.
It does not show any flag for some time now, at least for me chrome x64 dev-m, win7. Take more time to solve and i'll remove it forever.
- (2015-07-20, v:220.127.116.11) Luis Ramalho: No flag at all.
It no longer show any flag at all, at least for me, in chrome x64 dev-m windows 7. However crossing the mousecursor over the place where should be a flag the pop-up come with the information, as it shows in "Overview". Take more time to solve this problem and I'll remove it for good / forever.
- (2015-02-23, v:18.104.22.168) Ніколи Інколи: no flag in twitter
doesn't show flag in twitter