Load a custom web page or url in a new tab. Fast, light, and easy to use.
* Load a custom web page or url in a new tab. * Make new tabs automatically load Gmail, Facebook, or any web site. * Easily setup a new tab redirect to any web site or file url. * Automatically sets focus to url bar. * Supports Incognito mode. * Fast, light, and easy to use. Automatically set a custom url to load in new tabs. Setup a new tab redirect to Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, or any web page you desire! Simply enter the desired web site url and click Save. Any time a new tab is opened, the web site you selected will automatically display. New Tab Changer supports web site urls and local file urls. New Tab Changer lets you automatically setup a new tab redirect to a custom url.
- (2020-07-11) Leo Robinovitch: Love this extension, but same comment about focus on address bar - this stopped working recently!
- (2020-03-17) Mark Goll: Great little utility, light-weight code - thanks.
- (2019-03-29) Jon McKnight: This is the only "New Tab" redirect extension I could find that puts focus on the browser's address bar after the redirect. Thank you!
- (2019-03-16) J'ai eu YAHOO pendant un certains moment et je n'ai pas aimé quand est venu le moment ou j'ai vu cette application qui me demandais l'URL du site que je voulais définitivement garde et j'ai mis " https://www.google.fr/ " du cou maintenant je me suis débarrassé de YAHOO. Je conseille cette application a tout ceux qui ont le même problème que moi !
- (2019-02-25) Jonathan Wilkins: I like it but why does it say "Read your browsing history" under Permissions? Is that really necessary?
- (2019-02-12) Hong Joon, Bae: 새 탭이 빠르게 열리고 사용법도 간단하여 좋습니다.
- (2019-01-17) Moe Badderman: Lightning fast!
- (2018-12-30) Ben Bradley: Loads a local (on my hard drive) page MUCH FASTER than New Tab Redirect!
- (2018-10-27) Kaiser Winnie the Pooh: It worked
- (2018-03-19) J Betan: nicely done and works right from the start
- (2017-10-19) iLude: Needs to select all on the address bar, or not put the cursor there in the first place.
- (2017-10-10) Pace McCulloch: Needs an update to fix autofocus that used to work but doesn't now. Please update for 5 stars
- (2017-09-27) Robin Goodall: Issue with it no longer auto selecting the whole URL when opening a new tab. So you cannot just start typing. Otherwise, words a treat! (v1.2 on Windows with Chrome 61)
- (2017-09-26) Jacob Pretorius: Looks like on Chrome for mac when you open a new tab it still sets focus to the page you want, but it doesn't auto select the url so you cant start typing to search. E.g. if you press cmd + t, you get a new tab looking like this "|some.com" and when you type "apples" to search for "apples" the result looks like this in the URL bar: "apples|some.com".
- (2017-03-13) Lord Akil Imenand: This was great! Combined with a google theme from Stylish, it made my new tab amazing! Also much, much faster that 'new tab redirect'.
- (2017-03-10) Robby Bennett: It's the fastest and most simple.
- (2017-03-03) Aimin Huang: Simple Fast, very nice
- (2017-01-12) Михаил Кузнецов: работает
- (2016-10-08) Gerardo Alcira: Faster than the rest
- (2016-10-05) Arianna Schlegel: I was looking for a way to open the same URL with each new Ctrl-T while ALSO retaining the ability to type a Google search into the address bar (because that is my default behavior). This was just what I wanted!
- (2016-09-28) Scott Ellis: Much faster than "New Tab Redirect". Yay!
- (2016-03-16) Kelsen Owens: Perfect! Super fast, light, and it even has a few options already installed.
- (2016-03-10) Mikael Boström: Simple and fast! Better than the more popular "New tab redirect" that I had previously installed (It was also simple, but on this second computer I used it, it inactivated the address bar when typing there, requiring either to wait or to click again to continue typing a non-default address)
- (2015-12-04) Anthony Liantonio: Doesn't work in incognito. Worked the first time, then defaulted back to new tab page. Works fine out of incognito. I'll stick with "New Tab Redirect" for now.
- (2015-08-21) Dominik Horvath: Very simple settings! Great! Thanks!