An elegant bookmark manager with fuzzy search and more
Bookmarks Manager and Viewer provides a panel view to browser and modify your bookmarks the easy way. The panel is equipped with fuzzy search (like Google search) to help you easily find the matched bookmarks. You have a full set of tools to edit your bookmarks on the fly. It is even possible to drag a bookmark to a new position in the tree or create a new directory and place the bookmark inside it. The fuzzy search can be used to find matching items even if you are not sure what was the exact title of the stored bookmark was. It is even possible to delete unused bookmarks or directory right in the panel. There is a validation button to find broken links; combining this with the delete button you can clean your bookmarks tree. The properties section can be used to modify the title or address of a stored bookmark. The color of the toolbar button indicates whether the current tab is in your bookmark tree or not. Using the panel view you can add the current tab to the specified location in the tree and edit the title once the bookmark is placed inside a branch. For more FAQs please visit: http://add0n.com/bookmarks-manager.html For bug reports use: https://github.com/inbasic/bookmarks-manager Change Log 0.2.1: 1. Bookmark sorting is now possible from the options page 2. You can now add live bookmarks; read FAQs page for more info 3. You can now open the bookmark managere's popup window in a new tab by default 4. jstree is updated to the latest version 0.2.2: 1. Keyboard shortcuts; there are many shortcuts to ease the mouse-less usage (read FAQs page for more info) 2. Recursive validation (you can now search or validate with "root:id query" to limit your search results)
- (2021-01-20) Rod Jamieson: Works great for me. I mainly use it to quickly search for a bookmark I can't for the life of me remember where it is. I have a huge mass of bookmarks collected over many years and this little add on is a real time saver.
- (2020-11-28) Raul D Durand: This extension is good. I just would add the option to open the found bookmark by pressing Enter so there is no need to use the mouse.
- (2020-07-22) Fluxuate: After scrounging over the Web Store to find a bookmark manager, this seems like best one I've found Been using it for over a year now, I would say that this bookmark manager is the greatest thing to ever existed, Thank!!!
- (2020-06-25) max dembek: this will let you search for saved tabs out of the ones I've tried this is the best organiser out there and because its so simple looking you wont get confused
- (2020-04-16) Zie X: cool UI
- (2020-04-01) Jörg G.: Keinerlei Übersicht bei vielen Lesezeichen. Eine Übersicht mit mehreren Fenstern fehlt. Lesezeichen müssen mit der Maus, einzeln in Ordner verschoben werden um sie zu ordnen. Bei einer langen Liste katastrophal. Bis auf die Validierung, kann der Standard Lesezeichenmanager von Chrome, das Selbe.
- (2020-03-31) Dan D: Very useful and helpful extension. It's especially great for finding a bookmark that you've forgotten which folder it's in. The bookmark manager in Edge does not have this feature. Thanks for making this available!
- (2020-03-16) Stefane Guevremont: This is THE best bookmarks manager Extension. You want something efficient, this is it: speedy, to the point, clear and comprehensible tree visualisation of bookmarks and has multiple hotkeys. Every other Bookmark manager may look nicer, with nice little icons, graphics and rif-raf, but wastes your time. There are a couple of functions I would love to see implemented however: Being able to open multiple bookmarks, Configurable Hotkeys (the ones already defined are a tad confusing at first). All in all, I love it.
- (2020-03-08) Ka: Good, simple bookmark manager with the essential functions. I miss one option though, an option to always open the selected bookmark in the current tab. The reason is that I'm using a custom blank page/home page for the browser and because it's not "blank" the bookmarks always open in new tabs. I'd like to have an option to always open them in the current tab (and I would use middle click to open them in new tab).
- (2020-01-15) Daniel Sealey: Does exactly what I need it to—utilitarians will love it.
- (2020-01-14) Quitsche Mucke: Das Programm macht ja nur noch eine Favoritenleiste. Ich möchte eigentlich ein Addon haben womit ich meine Favortenliste sortieren/bearbeiten kann. Diese ist ja nur wie gesagt ein Bookmark Programm was noch zusätzlich eine hinzufügt. total nutzlos
- (2019-12-22) Thomas Orlita: always opens in new tab
- (2019-11-25) BALTA: Love it <3
- (2019-11-19) duc pham: Very good
- (2019-10-04) DoSaJ: Cool, but when you search for folder to add similar boomark to, it could show folder icon and put folders at top of list, instead having them mixed between bookmarks with a same name, if you have like 10k bookmarks, this is a problem. Chrome should have this in the first place, google billion company, can't even make this basic feature dumb...
- (2019-09-22) Chris Vydas: In addition to several bugs in operation/manipulation and UI as many comments have already mentioned, worse are the completely unnecessary permissions requirements. There is no way a bookmark manager needs to read/change data all websites visited. Legitimate privacy concerns when there should be none. Avoid!
- (2019-08-22) Thiago Araujo: The only one that works for me!!! Tested everyone avaliable... Thanks :D
- (2019-07-23) George Collier: It's a nice extension. Just what I was looking for. Good work.
- (2019-07-22) Tony Zaddo: Perfect :-) Thanks Devs
- (2019-06-27) Peter Agnew: Doesn't work in popup format on my pc. When I open this app in the full-page format it works. Once this app is fixed it would merit a five star rating and would be among the best bookmark managers.
- (2019-05-05) Jean Martin Durand: La description prétend qu'il y a une fonction de validation des bookmarks. C'est faux, le bouton 'Valider' n'est nulle part et l'aide en ligne n'en parle pas.
- (2019-03-18) I don't recommend this because I think as of now there's a serious bug: I had selected about five bookmarks in a folder, then hit delete, then clicked "yes" on the prompt and then boom, the ENTIRE folder got deleted! Additionally, it's slower than the native bookmark viewer and for me that makes it even less convenient than the normal bookmark manager.
- (2019-01-21) Tamojit Chakraborty: Very simple book mark extension, you can search your book mark, if you are like me, who has a plethora of book marks then this is the right extension.
- (2018-12-05) Gustavo M: it is necessary to add 'bookmark this window'
- (2018-11-27) Lisa Abke: I've been looking for a new solution since Google discontinued Bookmark Manager extension and left only the crappy built-in Bookmark Manager. This plugin (Bookmark Manager and Viewer) still needs some work but it is the closest thing I've found to the way Firefox does bookmarks and allows me to keep my bookmarks local and still provides a way to view and organize a large amount of bookmarks.
- (2018-11-25) Adrian Santos: This addon need so much perms. I guess they mine data from everyone using it.
- (2018-10-26) James Johnson: Guys, if you want a perfect bookmarks layout & bookmark opening extension, your looking at the best there is right now. You'll love it. No it is no slow at all and does not lock up. The 2nd comment made no sense but I could not see anything there that bugged me. Go ahead & give it a shot. Tks add0n.com!!!
- (2018-09-25) Krzysztof Buda: Słabe
- (2018-09-21) Gian Peduto: Very nice interface, the tree component is much faster and easier to move the bookmarks then the standard from Chrome, specially when the total of bookmarks passes from the top/botton and you have to "roll" the list. (In the standard this is hard and you have to open the Bookmark Manager)
- (2018-09-04) divyansh: It's exactly what i wanted.
- (2018-08-29) Bazsi Sün: Tud mappát keresni és jelzi is ha egy könyvjelző már a könyvtárban van csak azt nem jelzi hogy hol. Lassan reagál. Az ikonja pont olyan mint azé amit keresek, de ez nem az és nem is olyan egyszerű mint az.
- (2018-08-04) Александр Р.: Поначалу обрадовался, а потом потестил и оказалось, что этот Букмарк к сожалению несколько неадекватен (описывать не буду, каждый может сам попробовать).
- (2018-04-06) J'ai adoré tous les paramètres de l'application. Par contre ne peut contenir TOUS mes signets car la police est trop grande et la taille du tableau reste limité. Dommage, tout semblait parfait!
- (2018-02-19) Tom Stein: Endlich die Suchfunktion für Bookmarks - auch wenn ich mir die in der Adresszeile erhofft hätte. Übersichtlich, intuitiv, aber im Design auch ein bisschen Luft nach oben. Außerdem kann man Bookmarks prüfen - leider nur einzelne, also völlig witzlos. Bezüglich der Darstellung bevorzuge ich "Favorites - New Tab Page", aber dort fehlt die Suchfunktion.
- (2017-11-30) sanek mihailow: минус в том, что обрезает когда много закладок в каталоге с заклвдками, если пофиксят будет 5
- (2017-11-08) почти топ но нет.
- (2017-08-29) Dan Moorehead — PowerSheet.ai: Far too slow a search to use. Just locks up.
- (2017-02-26) hihihlo wan: I have tried many bookmark extensions (over 30+), this is Best one !!!
- (2017-01-19) AZgo bácsi: I've given a try as Chrome's builtin Bookmark "Manager" is a laughable crap compared to Firefox's builtin one. Well, the addon can be used but has bugs and major flaws: - it lists an empty label for title containing '<' or '>'. Haven't tested just noticed immediately - it can't be open in new window so can't be resized, so managing any normal URLs longer than 30 chars are messy - you can't copy/paste bookmark folders, and can't even multiselect... managing more than one bookmark is crappy - The 'Tools' and 'Bookmark' dropdown under the bookmark tree opens without delay when hovered, so selecting a bookmark and moving the cursor below over them to edit anything pops up their dropdown. - For some reason it stops storing the modifications. I've did like 5 editing, saved fine, then used the builtin Manager to duplicate folders with bookmarks and tried to use this addon again altering the duplicted bookmark URLs, and it shows as saved but jumping to another bookmark and then back loads the URL unmodified. Fokin hell...
- (2018-06-01, v:0.2.0) Bruno Bouget: Slow on search typing
Hi, I'm trying your addon, thanks for it. It is often slow when i type words in serach fields; sometimes, there is a lag between my keyboard press and when letters are displayed. I have the issue both with firefox and chrome addons. Thanks