Based on the same open source codebase used by over 50 million people, improved by blocking malware, tracking & ALL display ads
Comodo AdBlocker has been built using the same open source ad blocker code base used by over 50 million people but improved by blocking malware, tracking and ALL display ads. Using Comodo AdBlocker will have the following benefits for your browsing: Malvertising Protection Web advertisements are being increasingly used as vehicles for distributing malware. A legitimate ad can be infected by a virus or a fraudulent ad can be introduced into a network that places ads on web sites. Faster Browsing An ad can slow your computer and use up CPU time by reading and writing cookies, making many connections and downloading unwanted software. “Malvertising” and other inefficient ads slow your browser’s performance by running processor intensive scripts and by reading and writing many cookies on your computer. Improved Privacy Cookies, Spyware and other malware spread through advertising banners can monitor your activities and steal your personal information.
- (2021-03-17) Unverified Joe: Lame, and not working !
- (2021-03-09) hileci com: THATS NOT WORKING FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE BOTH GO AVAST OR ADD THE EXTENSION OF AVG THEY BLOCK ADVERTISEMENT BOTH SITES BOTH BOTH BUT THAT IS BAD !!!!
- (2021-02-21) Hunter Hoegemeyer: DOES NOT BLOCK ADS. This "AdBlock" did not block hardly any ads on YouTube, it had ONE JOB!
- (2018-03-13) Willstrong Novastar: work thanx Comodo gg
- (2018-01-22) Doesn't work at all and fails to update.
- (2018-01-12) Ad Howell: As always comodo puts the best out there! We have all comodo products
- (2018-01-08) Eimis Pavlisinas: Its awesome
- (2017-11-12) Malware Blocker: Cool blocking every single add
- (2017-04-06) Jason Flora: Used to be the best, now barely adequate. No longer updates lists, no longer blocks all youtube prerolls. Lets all sorts of ad crap through on various pages.
- (2016-10-05) Pika Pearlman: Just what I need!
- (2016-08-24) Denis Coutet: Pour première utilisation, semble efficace...
- (2016-07-11) klaken hunter: No es mala aplicación pero no aporta nada aparte de adblock plus la cual es más completa y bloquea malware. aunque es mas ligera que adbloc plus creo que comodo tuvo que incluir su propia lista de malware :(..
- (2016-06-29) Blue Power: Epic work thanx Comodo Epic Team!
- (2016-06-26) Nunzio d'Abbruzzo: Ottima estensione per proteggerti dalle minacce e dalla privacy del web
- (2016-06-12) Я и не знал что у вас есть антибаннер. Почему бы его не включить в пакет Internet Security?
- (2016-05-15) iro piek: dobra robota. czysto.
- (2016-04-06) Andrzej Jajko: Super supplement . No synchronization settings from your account google
- (2016-03-05) Darko Matterus: I am writing this, not to say Comodo AdBlocker is bad, but because it is not that special. If it is tl;dr, then the reason is that compared to uBlock it uses MUCH more CPU power and it comes with only 1 adblock list. So more CPU for less blocking lists. The three stars show it is just another adblocked within the many. I am a fan of Comodo, using its Free Internet Security suite, its DNS and my main browser I use 99% of the time is Chromodo. With that said, the reason I gave it 3 stars is because it does not compare to ublock. One thing that is minor, is that it comes only the easylist preactivated and it just have the adblock warning removal as an extra. Ublock comes with almost any existing well known block list and above all, it has malware domain lists, which are list that block harmful ads, before they reach your pc. From all these, it has preselected the best and if a user wants, they can just activate any other, without manually adding it. Finally it uses more CPU and RAM. Ram is insignificant, since it used under 70MB ram for a handful of tests and uBlock around 45. But when it comes to adblocking, the CPU would go from 5% at most sites, 7% in some and in one it reaches 12% CPU usage. uBlock at all times, even on that last site, would not go over 2% CPU. The page I visited was this specific one http://goo.gl/uS1vPS. I love you Comodo, but for now I will stick to uBlock and hope one day your adblocker will become better, so all my PC protection will be under your name XD
- (2016-01-12) Chenthil Vel Murugan: Works like a charm! A blessing for Chrome fanatics like me. I give it a 5/5.
- (2016-01-11) Barath Rajendran: Excellent AdBlocker.Block spam ads in a better way
- (2016-01-09) Gracjan Deresz: Blocked more ads than usual adblocker.
- (2016-01-09) Dan Power: Great adblocker, ads are removed and sites load up faster and safer!