Chrome extension that displays the Flesch-Kincaid grade level of any web page
***UPDATED: Highlight some text, then click the icon in the extension bar to see Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level. This extension shows you the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level for any web page. The results tell you how many years of formal education a reader theoretically needs to understand a text. For example, a 6.3 would correspond to Grade 6 in the United States. For more information on the algorithim, see here - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flesch%E2%80%93Kincaid_readability_tests#Flesch.E2.80.93Kincaid_grade_level CraftyLevel is proudly powered by EdTechTeam.
- (2020-02-06) Steve Price: Does nothing!!!
- (2016-11-30) Heather Banks: It would improve drastically if it would work in a Google doc!
- (2016-03-20) Ben Wildeboer: The extension only does one thing, but it does it simply and unobtrusively. The Flesch-Kincaid reading level appears as a red number on the extension icon for the webpage you're browsing. Definitely useful when selecting sources for students.
- (2015-11-23) Justyna Cymek: Just a button, doesn't do anything!
- (2018-09-05, v:2.3) Jessica Macintosh: Not working
I'm trying to use the extension on a website and I have highlighted the text then click on the "CL" icon but nothing happens. I'm on google chrome but I wouldn't think that would be the problem. Please help!
- (2016-07-26, v:2.3) Ariel Purkeypile: Options
Y'all are killing me with the "Options" option. If you're not going to use it, just take it out so my monkey-mind will leave it alone. Otherwise, great little tools, I dig it
- (2016-04-27, v:2.3) Glen Little: Google Docs
This doesn't seem to work on a Google document being edited. Is there any way you could make that work?
- (2016-04-25, v:2.3) Gretchen Peterson-Fisher: CL not displaying
I have used CraftyLevel for months to help me reduce the grade level of my website. However, today it is not working. I have deleted and reinstalled, but it still won't display the grade level. PLease help.