Simply choose your next video to be played and let the RT playlist handle it!
This extension creates one global playlist, synchronized across all your tabs. Add some video to RT playlist simply by clicking Add button next to each video thumbnail and it's going to play automatically right after your currently playing video. Add another, and another video and make your own playlist, while you're still browsing Youtube. Add button is available on every thumbnail, anywhere on Youtube. You can reorder or remove your items and make an immediate impact on your video queue. A great Quick search feature is available. Search youtube videos more quickly and comfortable directly in "Up Next" section. NEW FEATURE: Skip the ads automatically as soon as "Skip Ad" button appears. I hope you enjoy this little extension as much as I do :-)
- (2021-05-04) ChannelMiner: Works great! Does as advertised, only problem is that it is missing a few features, such as what people said in the other reviews, my biggest problem with it is that there is no way to back up your playlist! If you have to reinstall your browser or switch computers. I would also like to see a feature to convert it to an actual YouTube playlist, or to create multiple playlists within the extention. Overall, it is really good but lacks a few quality of life features.
- (2021-04-14) Todd 4555: This was the perfect extension, but now the "add" button doesn't work on certain screens. For instance, you can't add things to the playlist on the main page, but you can from a channel's page or from the sidebar. I have no idea if this is a problem specific to me, but it does seriously hamper this extension's usefulness.
- (2021-02-05) Dominik Trzaskacz: Please add the ability to completely hide the red bar with an arrow.
- (2020-12-22) Grey Aria: This is a pretty good add on. The one issue I have with it is that I can't add videos from my YouTube notifications dropdown. The add button never shows up on them. Other than this, I recommend trying this addon to anyone who hates the way the YouTube's queues work.
- (2020-08-05) Acid: Very decent extension with room to get even better. I like that it's kept simple and has easy controls. Just hit the "add" button that is on the video thumbnail and it's in your RT playlist. Clean and minimalistic looks, very fond of that. As for feature requests: true dark mode, ability to open list in a new tab, save playlists, re-arranging play order by simply dragging (and up/down arrows). Only con so far: the implemented search is sadly not working. No clue why. Thanks for the effort and work you're putting into this ^_^
- (2020-03-29) Neyelson Alves: This is a great extention and does everything it says without any tricks. I've been using it for a few years now and i think that there's no other alternative as good and as simple as this one. Thank you.
- (2020-03-01) KRasta Smoke: Сделайте кнопку плейлиста поменьше, когда он свёрнут. Либо чтобы это было опционально.
- (2020-02-15) Lonely Soul: Now, i'll rate two instead of five stars a year ago. It's a useful extension but it's simple, there's lack in futures. I can't do a right click on the link to open it in another tab, i can't drag it. And there's no option to save the list for browser re-installation, that's bad.
- (2019-12-09) Hua Chn: Omg everytime chrome autoupdate will lossing my list
- (2019-11-23) alex gunderson: - One of my favorite addons to improve my workflow. - However the add button on the actual video page isn't working anymore for some reason for me.
- (2019-11-08) Serena: Infinitely better than Youtube's new queueing system. Edit: Don't know what youtube changed but I am now unable to add videos by thumbnail with this extension.
- (2019-10-27) Add button won't work on main page now
- (2019-10-24) Cyril Simon: Just the feature youtube needs. Thx so much!
- (2019-10-20) Steve Messer: Love this enhancement to youtube. It's made my life much easier being able to cue up youtube videos as I find them on various web sites or news feeds (by jumping back to the source youtube page). My only suggestion for an enhancement would be to have an option to open videos in full screen mode, which they currently don't. I can play a video, move the tab to a different screen, then increase the video to full screen. Running multiple monitors I can have a monitor playing full-screen youtube videos, while the other monitors allow me to go about my business and add to the que as I find videos. A second enhancement would be to hide the main youtube search box after the initial video plays.
- (2019-09-07) KRasta Smoke: Сделайте возможным выбрать, хочу ли я использовать Numpad-клавиши для изменения скорости видео. Я хочу отключить эти горячие кнопки.
- (2019-08-23) BreadieStrikesBack: Fantastic extension, although I would like a feature to change the order of videos in the queue .
- (2019-08-11) 김준우: good
- (2019-08-07) Cong Pham Minh: Can you add new feature with loop playlist, thank you!
- (2019-06-24) Ryan Hart: This brings functionality that should be built into YouTube on the web. I do have some requests for improvement though, but since there exists no better options for other extension, I'm keeping this a 5-star review. I have 2 issues: When I'm typing a comment, and the video ends, it auto advances to the next video in the RT playlist causing me to lose my entire comment before it submit it. The second request is that I would like to see a total amount of time that all videos in the RT playlist will take in the side panel on the right.
- (2019-06-18) Andrew Charlton: This is the only playlist extension I could get to work. Great app. :)
- (2019-05-10) Florian Bruno: cette extension est EXACTEMENT ce que je cherchais! Merci beaucoup !
- (2019-02-20) Carly McNulty: Best extension I've used for youtube. It works like it's supposed to and it's easy to figure out. Makes using youtube for music so much more enjoyable. like omg heck yah such more gooder yo.
- (2019-02-19) Liyasara W: I really love this!!! It's just makes listening to music with YouTube much easier. The only complaint I have is that it doesn't have an option to save a queue for later. If I wanted to start a new queue, I have to remove all the songs in the previous queue. Can you add that as well? That'd make this player perfect! Thanks!
- (2019-01-08) Raiden Roy: Loved the functionality. if possible make a better UI, UX.
- (2018-12-31) Phatdet Feemurdee: ทำงานไวดี ชอบเลย
- (2018-12-09) Disciple de Jésus-Christ: marche !
- (2018-11-10) Edson Sanchez: Puede mejorar un poco mas la interfaz, pero en funcionamiento es excelente, justo lo que buscaba e incluso mas con ese buscador integrado que mejora la experiencia. Le daré las 5 estrella si le dan un toque mas "material design"
- (2018-10-26) Juan Aballay: The "Search Youtube right now" option is just perfect. Excelent work. Thank you.
- (2018-10-09) Hicham Amarir: Je pensais avoir trouvé une alternative au Reverse Youtube Playlist mais cette extension Ne fonctionne pas non plus.
- (2018-09-22) Phuong Tran: Good one! However, It would be better if it has keep the list for loop instead of delete after it finish. Thanks!
- (2018-08-27) Ryan Zeidler: This is the ONLY way I've found to be able to click and drag video order. My morning habits are to sort through my subscriptions (used to tab everything out) and this and been changing my patterns for the better, so I can put those "maybe to watch" videos towards the end. Perfect extension for my needs! Edit: It seems full screen takes you out of RT override. Any fixes?
- (2018-08-16) George Hank: Doesnt repeat the playlist.Installed on two computers and it didnt work on either.
- (2018-07-13) Jason Zdora: Its honestly very good! Most seamless version of this type of app (personal Youtube "play next" playlist creator) I have used. This app will create a small "add" button on the bottom left of a videos thumbnail. Clicking on that button will add it to the playlist. A big reason I think this app is better than similar variations is: You can leave Youtubes regular "Auto play" on and this app will overrule it until your self-created playlist is completed. Then Youtubes internal Auto Play will take over and continue playing videos. This way, you dont have to fiddle with any settings once your playlist is over. It just seems to blend right into the Youtube experience. Another big plus over other variations of Playlist makers is the ability to click and drag items in your self-created playlist. You can drag videos around in your list as you find new ones, re-arranging the order they will play in. Default will send newest selected videos to the bottom of the list. Thank you, Michal, for creating this well thought out application! Two enhancement requests: 1-Is it possible to get your "add" button to appear on videos displaying in the Youtube "notifications" drop-down menu? Due to Youtubes new notifications rules, I see a lot of the content I want to play show up in this sub-menu. I would love to be able to "add" from this menu. (to see what I mean, twice-click a creators notification bell to get notifications when they create new videos. When they upload a new video, it will show up in this notifications sub-menu) 2-Is it possible to have the theme of your app match the Youtube theme? I use Dark Mode on Youtube 100% of the time and I would really appreciate it if your side-menu would follow this aesthetic. Currently, when I open your side-menu, it is very bright in comparison. Thank you very much!!
- (2018-07-04) -21 g: I'd like to be able to change a color on pop up bar and ad current video to the list.
- (2018-06-16) henrosaurus: does its job! but the red sidebar is kind of annoying and doesnt seem like i can turn it off or toggle it
- (2021-07-23, v:1.5.0) Hutch: Double play
Firstly, I love your extension. I've used it for a good while now. I have one problem and (I think) a fix for it, but since you don't have a github or similar, I can't do a pull request or really test it out in any meaningful way. Sometimes (often) when playing the next video, the current video will not be removed and as a result will be played twice. I believe this is due to an asynchronous race condition in the extension's main.js in the removeItemAndPlay() method. Simply, removeItem() is called and then the redirect is issued. However, removeItem() calls _save() which uses an asynchronous local storage set method, but does not wait for it to finish either through the callback or await. This causes a race condition where occasionally the redirect happens before the local storage save finishes. To fix it, simply make _save() async, return the promise from set(), and await it in removeItem() and removeItemAndPlay() before calling _gotoUrl() (all browsers support async/await, there's no compatibility issues), or failing that, pass a callback down through the methods, or you could even just add a 10ms timeOut before redirecting. Thanks!
- (2020-10-29, v:1.5.0) Jason Zdora: Front page of Youtube no longer working for YTRTPL
Hello, Love your application and I use it all the time! I noticed that it stopped working on the Youtube home page. Have you taken a look? It used to work but it stopped working about 4 weeks ago. It still works on a video page. The right-hand column of "suggested videos" will function correctly. Please let me know if you have any questions! Happy to help! Thanks and take care, JZ
- (2020-10-06, v:1.5.0) vagner borges: Extension dont work
For a while now the add button hasn't worked on the main Youtube homepage. I can still add videos from the suggestions alongside a video that I'm watching.
- (2020-10-01, v:1.5.0) David Hernston: Can't add videos from the Youtube homepage
For a while now the add button hasn't worked on the main Youtube homepage. I can still add videos from the suggestions alongside a video that I'm watching.
- (2020-09-25, v:1.5.0) Kadie PR: can't add songs all of a sudden
Today I woke up and all of a sudden, no matter the computer, I cant add songs anymore. Is there a glitch that's being worked on? or something else? Best, Katie
- (2020-05-27, v:1.5.0) shelby hart: issue adding videos on video page
You said 'add' button works in the video page on update 1.5 , but im still only able to add videos in suggestion videos
- (2020-04-28, v:1.5.0) Karlos L.: Searching box
Searching don't work. Still say "Searching", but nothing.
- (2020-01-20, v:1.5.0) Claire: Please make this work with chrome cast or allow saving as real playlist
I tried using this Realtime Playlist with Chromecast feature but it doesn't work. That is the next video in the list doesn't play on chromecast when the 1st video ends. Can you fix that? or allow saving the list we create to a regular youtube playlist which does work with chromecast. thanks for all you do.
- (2019-12-31, v:1.5.0) Claire: Duration info
Please include the duration info with the entries in the queue, or obtain it dynamically/lazily. This info would help greatly when drag and drop ordering items in the queue
- (2019-12-14, v:1.5.0) Hua Chn: why
why it always losing the list again and again
- (2019-12-09, v:1.5.0) Delo W: Add button on video page not working
The add button on the actual video page doesn't work. It does work for all the thumbnails.
- (2019-12-02, v:1.5.0) Sam Jackman: cross browser/computer sync
What are the chances there is support for some kind of sync. I'd love to have my playlist sync between my desktop and my laptop (or mobile, but don't expect this to be do-able) depending on where I am currently watching. I like to add a bunch of videos from my subscriptions etc, and its annoying when I switch to my laptop and have to create another playlist, then move back to desktop, and i have ended up doubling up videos in my queue.
- (2019-10-26, v:1.4.9) Watchful One: Broken with new youtube update
Adding videos is broken with the new youtube homepage update. Adding videos still works from the subscription page or from the suggestions on individual video pages.
- (2019-10-17, v:1.4.9) J.M. Catapang: Question about autoplay
In youtube when im on a playlist it auto pauses the video from playing because im "idle" when im on another tab does this bypass that system?
- (2019-10-12, v:1.4.9) Ycaro Afonso: Add button doesn't work
doesn't work on YouTube List Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aETnfIPpzIM&list=TLGGxOjTCmlUFVkxMjEwMjAxOQ&index=22
- (2019-10-07, v:1.4.9) Kate Newton: Great addon
I have one suggestion for the settings. I already have other extensions it would be great if you could specify offset value to shift where the 'Add' button appears on a video thumbnail. It's covering my other extension removes the videos from a feed. I'll bet I'm not the only one.
- (2019-08-06, v:1.4.9) Shanary Stewart: Improving the extension
I have a few things I believe would greatly improve this extension: The ability to add videos to playlist from the notifications menu. An option to add videos to the top of queue instead of the bottom as well as extra options for sorting. Such as sorting by the length of the video and the date uploaded. It also would also be nice to have the videos removed from queue after it's finished, rather than when it starts.
- (2019-07-04, v:1.4.9) Sorawut Lertplangsanti: The collapsed global playlist window is too big
Hi, Your extension work so great but the collapsed global playlist window is too big. Could you please provide an option to show it as a compact window and move it to top/bottom right? Thank you
- (2019-07-04, v:1.4.9) Kevin Lee: migrating to new machine
Is there any way I can save this playlist, even if i have to copy and paste a cookie or something?
- (2019-06-05, v:1.4.9) Jason: #1 need: reverse list (and some other nice-to-haves)
As I go through my subscriptions feed, top-down, in reverse chronological order, I'll be adding videos of interest to RT Playlist. When I've scrolled down to the point I've "caught up" to where I left off yesterday, I want to watch them in *forward* chronological order. Rearranging them through drag-and-drop is _incredibly tedious_. If the RT Playlist slide-out drawer had a "reverse list" button, it could be done with a single click. I so, so wish it had this function. Additionally, and in similar fashion, other people might find a "shuffle" button, or perhaps some sort of "sort" functionality useful (alphabetically by title or channel, chronological, duration, etc.) This is otherwise a very useful extension. Thanks!
- (2019-06-03, v:1.4.9) Malte Laurids Brigge: How to chromecast the list? It does one then stops and have to end casting, reload cast again EVERY video.
The bizarre part is when it stops casting the 1st video the stream disappears and no button on the the next video which has loaded. That starts to play on the laptop but is not cast. Any way to fix that?
- (2019-05-02, v:1.4.9) Chaitra C: Any option to save playlist
Is there any option to save playlist. Or is there any of your extension save feature.