Unofficial Asana Chrome Extension
This is a free, open-source Chrome extension to allow quick and easy access to Asana. This extension uses Asana API to communicate to Asana. This is not the official Asana Extension for Chrome. But this one is better than that - Promise. This extension is based on Asana's - Official Chrome Extension available here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/asana-extension-for-chrom/khnpeclbnipcdacdkhejifenadikeghk Source code is available here https://github.com/amitg87/asana-chrome-plugin
- (2021-01-20) Rajesh Prajapati: Helpful. Thanks developers.
- (2019-03-07) JD - JDB: Missing: - Select text > right click > Add to Asana - Right click on image > Add to Asana
- (2018-10-01) Juan Pablo Combeau: Muy practica, mejor que la extensión oficial de Asana
- (2018-04-24) Angelina Gilbert: Better than the official Asana extension. Very helpful if you make a lot of tasks based on web content.
- (2018-04-12) Walter Mazzola: Amazing extension! Thank you very much. We've been waiting for this for a long time.
- (2018-03-26) Marcin Wronski: works really great!
- (2018-03-14) Philippe Bovigny: Superbe extension qui fait le job. Ca change de l'extension officielle...
- (2018-02-27) Frankchesco Leveratto: I would give 5 stars but the extension does this weird thing where you type asana in the url bar press space then it will create this search within the extension. Quite annoying.Please fix. But great work
- (2017-11-29) Jack Jenkins: Thank you
- (2017-11-12) Jay Alexander Little: Everything I need for Asana without navigating to the site itself! Perfect for quick checkups and additions. It has EVERYTHING from creating tasks, to viewing task details, to commenting on tasks. Great extension, thanks!
- (2017-11-01) Sean Shuter: This would be a 5-Star extension - and the only way I would use Asana on a regular basis - if the ability to add "Sections" when "Adding Tasks" was included. This functionality is TERRIBLY implemented in Asana itself, so not a reflection on the developer. I need to add a section for every single task in Asana. Currently, using this extension, or any other one out there, there is no way to do this. I have to add the task, then go into the Asana web interface to add sections. Unfortunately, this defeats the whole purpose for me. Still 4 Stars because it's by FAR the best Asana-related Chrome Plug-In out there. It leaves the official one in the dust. Not sure why a project management tool clearly designed to be used online (see the lack of a Desktop App) would neglect such a helpful tool. Thanks Amit!
- (2017-10-27) Daniel Bressan: Really great so far!
- (2017-10-12) Andrew Jepkes: This is a good extension but the UI/UX needs to be streamlined to see project items faster. I would like to see project items right when the extension opens, maybe with a hybrid page that shows the list you're adding to with a slimmer add item bar on top. Also using localStorage to remember your last project would be nice.
- (2017-10-05) Myra Sawyer: for some of us in our group is was easy and others had a hard time understanding it.
- (2017-09-20) Shade Odeinde: Wow... simply WOW! This extension does EVERYTHING you need it to do - simply and effortlessly! Great job!
- (2017-09-04) Юрий Андреевич: AsanaNG more better chrome:app, then official
- (2017-08-31) Great extension. Fits perfectly into my workflow. Although, I wonder why Asana is not providing anything similar.
- (2017-06-22) Francisco Marzoa: Waaaaaayyyy better than the official extension. Somethings that could be easily improved anyway: - Set a default project in the settings, or remember the last one used. - Copy the Title/URL of the page without the need of clicking on a button. This could be also optional, switched by a flag on the Settings screen. Anyway, I think is the preferred default behaviour. Thanks for this great extension!
- (2017-05-28) Yosef Juarez: Why does the extension always open the documentation page every time I launch chrome?chrome-extension://mcfgjehdbegcfjeecdgdpjlmfbeamgdd/info.html The documentation opens everytime I open chrome not just on updates. How do I change that?
- (2017-05-02) Thomas Kail: It was awesome!!!!!!!! Thanks for developer, do you need some donation? I really love this extension:)
- (2017-04-13) Tim Jasper: Fantastic asana plugin!!
- (2017-03-31) Carlos D. Ochoa: Really a great help! Keep it updated with new features. Thanks
- (2017-03-02) Alexey Taranov: Thank you. It is really awesome
- (2017-01-13) Иван: То что нужно
- (2017-01-09) s kenner: i never rate sw BUT i've been wishing for this since asana began. great job!
- (2016-12-02) Manraj Bains: This is far better than the original Asana extension. It adds all the functionality lacking in the original one! 5/5 stars!
- (2019-09-02, v:0.8) s kenner: error: "Failed to create task" after clicking the "create task" button
Hi, I would like to report that i recevie the error "Failed to create task" after clicking the "create task" button. It started on 8/30/19. your prompt attention to this matter would be greatly appreciated. specs: current Version 78.0.3892.1 (Official Build) canary-dcheck (32-bit) - but doesnt work on any of the 3 other browsers with similar versions on 2 other devices either. Gratefully, sk
- (2019-08-28, v:0.8) Andy Butz: asanaNG "failed to create task"
error: after clicking "create task" it says "Failed to create task" from today on it cannot create tasks anymore ... chrome version 76.0.3809.100 please check
- (2018-04-02, v:0.7) AsanaNG Search Bar
How can we turn this off if we don't want to use this functionality. (i.e. when you type Asana <space> into the search bar, AsanaNG takes over.. really annoying when you want to search google).
- (2018-03-26, v:0.7) Love your plugin!
We're loving your plugin, it's so great and much better than the Asana app! But are you able to tell us how to set a default project in the settings, or remember the last one used? Would love this feature if possible? PS - Can you get this on my mobile somehow?
- (2017-12-20, v:0.7) Deletes task detail content when you assign after
If I write a comment first and then assign it it, the app deletes all the writing in the task details field and I have to start over
- (2017-12-20, v:0.7) Autoselects personal domain
The app is autoselecting my personal domain rather than my work one. Can we set a default domain?
- (2017-12-13, v:0.7) Drop box stays open
I click on the extension to create a new task...but whoops I wanted to quote some text on the webpage I am on. I move the mouse left and select the text I want to quote but in clicking the box is gone and the info I put into the task has deleted into the ether. Can you either cache/save a half written task so when I reopen the box the info is still there if I am onthe same page or not close the box unless I hit close or create?
- (2017-11-09, v:0.7) Robert Pielanen: Can't assign to myself in Personal Projects
Hi, Really like the extension, thanks for making something that's better than the original :) One problem though, when I want to add a task to my Personal Projects I can't assign it to myself. Select Assignee is empty and when I search for myself there's no suggestion dropdown I can choose. Tried all kinds of different ways, name, email, initials. So when I then save the task it does not show up in my task list because it's not assigned. I can find it by searching but that doesn't really help me. Work around is to select another workspace, then i'm added automatically as an assignee, and when I then go back to personal projects I can finally save the task with myself as an assignee. The option, set myself as assignee by default is checked under settings. Would be very much appreciated if you could fix this 'bug'. Cheers.
- (2017-11-07, v:0.7) James Carl: Sections
Hello, this is Jim Carl, I first went through your add-on when it came out. I own www.sendana.net. I think you should seriously consider adding "Sections". Thanks Jim
- (2017-11-06, v:0.7) James Carl: Auto fill
how come whenever I have your extension active and I type Asana in the search bar it complets it with Asana NG | and won't let me search for anything. It only started happening with the latest edition.