Real gameplay video on Steam!
FairSteam is a free browser extension that adds important consumer-friendly feature to the Steam Store: actual gameplay video from YouTube added to the Steam Store. Be a smart gamer with FairSteam! Source code for extension is available on GitHub: https://github.com/EvergreenPotato/FairSteam ------------------------------------------------ Changelog: 1.2.6 - Fixed media player to be in sync with the current version of media player on Steam
- (2021-03-01) marco cav: does not work anymore, steam player is unusable whit it enabled, pls update, i like it so much
- (2020-09-14) Zach Fett: Extension no longer works, if you have it enabled you won't be able to view any store page screenshots or trailers. I've tried to contact the creator a few times but never got a reply. Get Augmented Steam instead, among many other QOL features, it also has a working version of this feature. It even adds the same two tabs for video reviews and gameplay.
- (2020-08-14) Overcrook65: It used to work very well but recently it broke the picture/video module of the Steam store page so I can't view or click on pictures anymore.
- (2019-09-25) Michael Jacobs: Was great, no longer works :-(
- (2019-06-26) Remco Pronk: Doesn't seem to work anymore.
- (2018-12-26) Fernando Moura: in the past it worked nearly perfectly, I loved it. unfortunately it isn't working anymore. needs a patch.
- (2018-12-21) Роман: не работает
- (2018-11-15) 达尔i: 挺不错的插件，可以在商店看超清晰的原画质游戏宣传视频。赞
- (2018-06-10) Dave Wulf: Not work for me. Spanish Steam.
- (2018-06-08) Pavel Hackett: Doesn't work anymore
- (2018-05-09) Maciej Sawicki: Doesn't work now
- (2018-02-28) TY5HUR: doesn't work
- (2018-02-25) Muhammad Hafiz Zamra: doesn't work no gameplay video on steam at all
- (2018-02-01) Franco Paz: Looks like if there is not a youtube video for the app to load, you can not scroll steam images and videos.
- (2017-08-11) Tomini: Youtube videos dont show up and it blocks the Steam trailers too...just a black screen. It worked before just fine...please fix it!
- (2017-07-11) John Paul Vella: Definitely a useful app, but needs a couple more features to be 5 stars. I'd love an option to have the YouTube videos AFTER the default ones. I usually want to give the marketing team a chance before I go look up gameplay - it's a last resort if I found the trailer was too cinematic and/or lacking gameplay. Another great option would be to choose what YouTubers appear, or at the least the option to prevent a certain YouTuber from being one of the videos. All in all, it sets out what it wants to do, but frankly isn't what I'm looking for.
- (2017-02-10) Dmitriy Pekar: Очень удобное расширение если хотите посмотреть геймплей игры не закрывая страницу стима
- (2017-02-02) Uros Jeknic: There's just one feature missing. That feature is to choose the channels that we get gameplay footage from. Add this and it will definitely be a 5 star review.
- (2016-06-11) Just Hmm: OMFSM! Great job! Please make it for firefox too.
- (2016-05-26) 태인수: No options to choose whether you want gameplay videos or not. I'd rather see the game's trailers than have to hear a let's player from youtube.
- (2016-05-24) akko Nf: useful extension!
- (2016-05-24) Daniel Gligor: Good extension.
- (2016-05-10) Bara Kathawa: Awesome! Works great! One feature I'd like to request: An option to not auto-play the Youtube videos when the page loads.
- (2016-05-05) Hence Forth: Tr1ppa crew
- (2016-03-20) Szőcs Tamás: Fantastic addon that let's you see gameplay footage inserted on each games steam store page. Original videos are cinematic usually so having actual gameplay is a deal maker or breaker. This should be counted as an essential addon for steam owners.
- (2016-03-17) Mark B: This is fantastic! Would love it on the actual Steam client, too.
- (2016-03-15) M L: Fantastic enhancement to Steam Store Page that allows true gameplay videos along side the custom marketing videos. Extension should be used by everyone that buys games through Steam.
- (2016-03-25, v:1.0.6) James Paterson: Incorrect videos on similarly named games
See this link here for RCT World: http://store.steampowered.com/app/282560 The first video is a gameplay video of RCT, from 2011. The second video is gameplay from RCT 3, neither of which are RCT World. Perhaps the algorithm needs to be tweaked a little to only pull videos with the exact title?
- (2016-03-16, v:1.0.6) Philipp Hoh: Outdated gameplay videos on early access titles
While testing your extension I noticed that some of the gameplay videos provided are outdated and don't reflect the gameplay experience at all anymore. This happens mostly on early access titles, the prime example for this is Rust, which has changed a lot since it originally came out. Other than that the extension is great!