A Flat Theme for YouTube that brings a Simple and Unified Interface.
Have you ever wanted a new look for YouTube or a dark mode for late-night video watching? Simple YouTube brings a great new look to YouTube while keeping the same old YouTube feel making it a familiar yet new experience. Enjoy YouTube in the light theme, refine your night-viewing experience on YouTube with the dark theme, or even try out the experimental Material Design theme. You can change the theme by just opening the Simple YouTube button added to your Chrome Bar and set various options such as your current theme, your preferred color, and many other customization options We are not affiliated or an official YouTube extension. This extension was independently developed for use with YouTube.
- (2018-05-17) Javier Batiz Z.: NO me fiunciona en mi crhome no se poruqe, ademas ya pague por que sera... alguna solucion???
- (2017-03-22) kickODEON: very good extension one of the best dark mode for youtube but i gave it a 4 star because i would like to use dark mode without the simple layout
- (2017-03-16) instaer: not bad,deserves one star
- (2017-03-11) Careless_Guy: Love it, one suggestion just that i'd like to see. Is it possible, for when you enter theater mode, to rid of the big black bars on the side? That'd be awesome!
- (2017-02-07) Looking forward to new features and more customizability (keeping the old YouTube logo and old like/dislike buttons, etc.)
- (2016-10-06) Jack _the_Ripper: Первые десять минут пользования мне понравились! Через неделю если не удалю то вернусь и поменяю оценку на 5. UPD. Добавьте управление звуком через колесо мыши и будет вообще огонь!
- (2016-08-22) GilRoo. iO: Me a encantado coñoo!!
- (2016-07-28) FireLordA7X: Dude this is amazing you should make a Simple Twitter or Simple Facebook too, that would be amazing. :)
- (2016-07-26) TownKevin Gamers y Más: buena
- (2016-06-30) Łırıcқ Sτγlε ั: Muy buena la extensión, mejora la apariencia de YT, recomiendo descargarla.
- (2016-06-19) San Chan: My suggestions: -Change like/dislike color to blue/green or any other color you want! - Remove dislike bar and only show blue/green bar. Make it positive for youtube! (Personal must have!) - Make the layout more contrast. Its hard to see the borders, I have to tilt my laptop all the way back to see all the seperation between comments, video, etc.. I have a extension that only shows the like button, but cannot find an extension that can remove the dislike bar. I just want a like button and like bar. I like the idea of this because it makes youtube more positive and lets you see videos without a bias as to why people hate it.
- (2016-05-26) Horacy Pigula: Great app for theme YT but why not Dark Material Design ???? Material one is looking much better!!! Add it and will give 5* Additionally I have same opinion as Raiden Roy that Dark looks much better then Light. EDIT: Found solution for inverted colors till this thing will get Full Dark Material Theme. Install Dark Youtube Theme(https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dark-youtube-theme/djhcepodfooinnfhfccmoeabagbjchhg) toghrther with SYT and set SYT to light material and voila :D Hope Tidal5 will add it to SYT really soon ;D Regards, Horacy.
- (2016-03-06) ayy: Love it, although i'd like to have non inverted colors in dark mode.
- (2016-01-20) Raiden Roy: You are about to read some bad English. and I am really sorry about it. I am not a native English speaker. My rating is fair about this because the problem is the dark them i only like dark themes and the problem with this is the are fully black like the comment buttons or like or many more things .plz fix those first and plz change the logo to a capital one it doesn't looks too good
- (2016-01-17) Ari Birnbaum: Amazing and beautiful. I wish I found this sooner. It changes the entire youtube experience!
- (2015-12-20) The Dark Archives: Beautiful.
- (2015-10-28) zhoulhas jhlhsh: nice
- (2017-09-23, v:220.127.116.11) Matteo GUGLIELMI: Linux / macOS
Simple YouTube crashes on Linux and cannot be "repaired" while on macOS the top bar layout is not correct (upload and notification icons look really weird).
- (2017-09-02, v:18.104.22.168) Luis Enrique Velazquez: Dark Mode Doesn't Work
Dark Mode does not work no matter what, no other youtube extensions installed.
- (2017-08-31, v:22.214.171.124) Carlos Villegas: dark mode
a partir del 31-08-17 no puedo hacer funcionar el dark mode
- (2017-03-06, v:126.96.36.199) Youtube Center compatibility
When using the Material layout, Youtube Center's settings button is not properly integrated and its download dialog will always be open and unclosable.
- (2017-03-04, v:188.8.131.52) Bad Vibe: Theme
How do you get different themes?
- (2017-02-23, v:184.108.40.206) Use black background for player
It's a bit distracting to see a gray background. Could you revert it to the regular black background, or give an option for this?
- (2017-02-18, v:220.127.116.11) Joe: Video Tool Bar
It would be cool if the video tool bar text could be either blue, white, red etc. in the settings It'd also be good if there was an option to have that bar see through like they have on YouTube officially or have it in a solid colour like it is now
- (2017-02-18, v:18.104.22.168) Joe: Material mode and Video Tool Bar
In material mode the notifications but is completely black so when contrasting with the grey at the top when watching a video it's very hard to see so should be the same colour as the upload button. There could be an option to change the blue text in the tool bar of a video to red, white etc. It could also be cool if there was an option to make that bar see through like they have it on the normal YouTube setting or to keep it like it is now
- (2017-02-17, v:22.214.171.124) Joe: Moving Buttons
Love the look of the extension but when in material mode the notification button for your account moves to where it shouldn't be. Also if the Window isn't on fully screen both the upload and notification buttons move out of place.
- (2017-02-07, v:126.96.36.199) Alientube compatibility
Could you make this compatible with the Alientube extension? :)