Select a random student from your Google Classroom at the click of a button - keeping students engaged in learning.
Using your classes that are set up in Google Classroom, you can quickly select a random student using this extension. Whether it be for answering questions in the classroom, prize draws or a tool to ensure that all learners are engaged, it couldn't be simpler. Student images can be disabled if your class is shy and student will be displayed as robots! This is currently BETA and it is improving all the time. If you experience any bugs, please let us know as soon as possible and we will get them fixed. Recently Added Features: - Teachers can set the duration of the random student popup on the settings tab - Students without a photo are now shown as robots! Known Issues: - Does not work on a new blank tab, or on the chrome webstore pages Upcoming Features: - Button to load another student from the same classroom, after initial click - Add custom button to classroom.google.com classrooms - Custom screen time for randomly selected student Future Features: - Users can select names from a Google Sheet Support: [email protected]
- (2021-08-10) d. printesei: it says that the app is unsafe
- (2021-01-05) Andrew: it says its trying to access private information when i sign in so google blocked this app googles had a new security update so you should update it to work
- (2020-08-10) James: Not working on my Samsung Chromebook. Have several Google Classrooms and it does not list any for me to choose.
- (2020-03-04) Robert Fisher: Would love to have/use this app, but Google says sign in is temporarily disabled for this app 'not yet been verified'?
- (2019-01-15) Redwood Bark Adviser: I'd use this more if I could separate the class into groups first. For example, I don't want everyone in the same pool to be drawn. I have separate periods of the same class. They all use the same Google Classroom, but I don't want to call on the ones that are int he other period.
- (2018-04-16) Hywel Stayte: This is a great extension and I really like it! Could a feature be added however so that I don't have to click the extension button and select my class each time? Would be good if there was a generate another random pupil button from the current class.
- (2018-03-03) Ben Barnes: What a fantastically easy to use tool to randomly select students for questioning in the classroom. It's even better as it updates based on the students in your Google Classroom, you aren't having to manually update it!