Utilities to improve the user experience of Wikipedia.org for avid users.
Wikipedia Plus supplements Wikipedia.org's existing web interface with some convenient behaviors I always wanted myself. Unlike other extensions which aggressively modify or interfere with the Wikipedia website look and feel, this extension respects the original Wikipedia design and makes minimal changes. I believe that the most empowering tools are invisible. Features: * show short text snippets for Wikipedia's internal entries when hover * turn section titles into in-page links for easier bookmarking and sharing particular sections * enlarge images when hover * zoom level is adjustable * adjusted enlarged image placement for right-to-left language pages This is an open-source software. Check out the source at: https://github.com/falcondai/chrome-ext-wikipedia Privacy: This extension does NOT record or send your browsing activities to any remote servers. Your browsing activities at wikipedia.org is not accessible by any third party including me. The permission to "access your data on *.wikipedia.org" is only used to insert the necessary UI-modifying scripts. Disclaimer: Wikipedia and its associated marks are official trademarks of the Wikimedia Foundation in the United States and other countries. These marks are being used under license by the Wikimedia Foundation. Wikipedia Plus Chrome Extension is not endorsed by or affiliated with the Wikimedia Foundation.
- (2022-02-09) Richard Siciliano: Looks great with MinervaNeue theme, especially with page zoomed to 150 percent. Dark mode would be nice.
- (2019-07-11) 林 Lin昭辰 Chao-Chen Jack YEG: Personally, I'd really like to see Multilingual Support for this Extension asap, please. Once again, thank you all so much! Amen!
- (2017-10-09) Shadenium: Way outperformed by «Wikipedia Peek» extension.
- (2016-04-20) Andrea Francesco Daniele: Awesome!
- (2013-10-16) Shuni Fang: it seamlessly augments Wikipedia's user experience.
- (2013-09-13) José González: It would be great to deactivate the image zoom feature, it mess up with other extensions i use. Other than that, awesome extension!
- (2014-08-16, v:0.2.0) Sandra Lee: app
Does not show up on my apps.
- (2014-06-21, v:0.2.0) Michael Pollmann: Language
Make it easy to switch between different languages. An extension for the Opera browser does a superb job: https://addons.opera.com/en/extensions/details/polyglot-wikipedia/?display=en now it's not possible to use the extension in Chrome anymore since it's not in the Chrome webstore, but it might be easy to look at the code and build the same feature into your extension. Basically, the user can select languages in the extension options. For those languages, there appear links to the current article in those languages below the title of the article, and they are also popped up in the language menu on the left, to make it easy to switch between languages. Thanks for considering it!