Take down notes 🗒️, save reminders ⏰, paste links 🔗, create checklists ☑️ all using markdown... directly in your New Tab!
Markdown New Tab allows you to take down important notes, thoughts or anything else you need to jot down or paste quickly, directly into your New Tab page... via the markdown syntax! Markdown will allow you to easily create headings, subheadings, links, styled texts, checkboxes, tables, lists, images and much more... just by a simple syntax. To get the hang of it, check this brilliant cheat sheat: https://github.com/adam-p/markdown-here/wiki/Markdown-Cheatsheet Markdown New Tab is complete has the ability to store revisions of the markdown content you made, so if you ever need to look back at previous versions of your content, check the revision history!
- (2021-05-21) Kevin Hanna: best new tab markdown extension so far, I love the custom CSS feature
- (2021-01-12) Khang Nguyen Duy: Now I can make use of my not-so-useful blank tab :P
- (2020-08-07) Ansh Arora: Ayy good job bro
- (2020-07-23) Zichao Yang: Cannot save what you saved. Constantly lost data.
- (2020-07-06) Daria Shvydka: Thanks! very good!
- (2020-03-01) 김종환 (JongHwan): 훌륭한 프로그램을 제공해주셔서 정말 감사드립니다.
- (2019-08-28) Neil Lambert: Unfortunately this extension is cpu intensive. It shouldn't require so much power.
- (2019-08-04) C. C.: Great extension. Doesn't ask for more permissions than it needs. Works with a bit of HTML as well as Markdown .Which means you can essentially create a new tab page of customized links, so it's not just for notes. Example: #### <center><a href="https://google.com/" target="_blank">Google</a></center> Will open Google in a new tab.
- (2019-07-18) Zhihao Ju: Why few comments? so nice it really help with my producivity
- (2019-07-08) It's awesome. Can you add features to create multiple pages? Just like excel has many sheets. Page tabs are in the taskbar
- (2019-07-02) Harshit Rohatgi: Great Extension. A live preview feature will definitely be super useful.
- (2019-05-27) thouther: Hey this is the perfet new tab extension i was looking for!
- (2019-01-27) Michael Burke: must be doing something wrong, installed but when I click on the icon in Chrome it takes me to the install page, suggestions? Working now I guess there was a delay setting it up.
- (2018-12-16) very creative
- (2018-08-02) Dmitriy Krasilnikov: I like this addon, but a few tweaks are needed. First, change the font on editing page - it does not have extended language support so when you try to type, say, Russia, the serif font (Times) is used instead... The second option worth adding is syncing the new page content, so that I could continue editing the same text on another computer where I'm logged in Chrome with the same user accout.
- (2018-07-24) Richard Yu: Awesome.
- (2018-07-23) Marcel Bosio: So useful!
- (2018-07-12) Jason Ruyle: Would like option to keep default settings for new tabs and be able to open new markdown tab if we pick it.
- (2018-07-12) Morgan Sennhauser: This is great - previously I used Lucid, which I loved because it synced my notes between my laptop and desktop. This is better in almost every other way, though!
- (2018-07-11) Elias Turner: An excellent little extension for keeping notes! Works as intended, though there is a single graphical bug I notice. The only thing that would make this better is cloud support for notes.
- (2019-03-22, v:1.4.5) Joshua Johnson: Sync-ing / updating
Hi I LOVE this but have experienced inconsistent "saving" between machines (cloud sync), and even inconsistent saves as follows: I can edit a new tab, press save, wait several minutes, close that tab, and then open a (separate) new tab that does not include my most recent edits. Any suggestions? Thanks!!
- (2019-02-18, v:1.4.5) Adrian Scott: Wider display
Hi, I have a wide monitor - the display area for the panel is a fairly narrow section in the middle of my screen - is there a way I can increase the usable width? Thanks! Adrian
- (2018-09-05, v:1.4.1) Klaus Alexander Seistrup: Open links in current tab
Please make it configurable whether or not links on the MNT page should open in a new tab or in the current tab.
- (2018-08-29, v:1.4.1) Elias Turner: Last edit date resets
Every time I open the new tab page, The "Last edited" time shows "just now". I opened the chrome developer tools and found this error: Unchecked runtime.lastError while running storage.set: QUOTA_BYTES_PER_ITEM quota exceeded at SyncStorageSet (chrome-extension://demppioeofcekpjcnlkmdjbabifjnokj/assets/js/index.js:1:1115) at setHistory (chrome-extension://demppioeofcekpjcnlkmdjbabifjnokj/assets/js/index.js:1:2910) at save (chrome-extension://demppioeofcekpjcnlkmdjbabifjnokj/assets/js/index.js:1:2599) at initiate (chrome-extension://demppioeofcekpjcnlkmdjbabifjnokj/assets/js/index.js:1:8357) at Object.callback (chrome-extension://demppioeofcekpjcnlkmdjbabifjnokj/assets/js/index.js:1:10035)
- (2018-08-04, v:1.3.0) Cameron Sours: Add the link to markdown cheatsheet to the initial text
Add the link to the markdown cheatsheet to the initial content of the page.
- (2018-07-13, v:1.1.2) Using it this week and it's convenient.
Generally I use whatever markdown-editor-of-the-week I come across, but it's nice having it every time I make a new tab. Suggestions: I want to be able to choose background and text color; don't make it less minimal, just let me change the background color to something else. Also, of course, cloud backup would be rad. I'm worried for the day I accidentally reset my browser.
- (2018-07-12, v:1.1.2) Andy Galkin: In editing mode have markdown preview
Hello, Instead of just editing in the markdown, split the page into 2 parts with realtime preview of the markdown, like VSCode / IntelliJ markdown editing is doing
- (2018-07-12, v:1.1.2) William Macdonald: Remove Cmd-X as shortcut
Cmd-x is the keyboard shortcut for Cut. Can we customise it or change it to Cmd-E or Cmd-O?
- (2018-07-11, v:1.1.1) Liked it!
- Can we have a 'white/cream' mode too? - Also instead of opening as a new tab, can it create a tab for markdown? I guess then it will be the same as new tab. The reason is I use an extension called as Panda that shows tech news in my new tab - Also, does it include MathJax?