Flexible password generator using a cryptographic hash algorithm of your choice - Fully Compatible with PasswordMaker.org
** One Password to rule them all ** PasswordMaker is a flexible password generation tool that creates unique, secure passwords that are very easy for you to retrieve but no one else. Nothing is stored anywhere, anytime, so there's no database to be hacked, lost, or stolen; unlike the many popular password managers available. Click the Golden Ring and provide PasswordMaker Pro with at least two pieces of information: 1) A "master password" -- that one, single password you like 2) The URL of the website requiring a password PasswordMaker will then generate a unique password using a one-way hash algorithm of your choosing to generate a unique password for every website which is both extremely configurable and user friendly. 0.8.9 - 2018-04-30 * First try to fix issue #172 * Cleaned up and refactored expire time code * Can now alphanumerically sort profiles in extension settings for usability * Added profile search feature in extension settings for usability * Removed the "Save Password" option in the popup and put the setting in the drop-down in extension configuration * Updated the icon style to be more detailed at different resolutions * Filling in a set & configured username in a profile is now the default and doesn't require the option to be set This extension is 100% compatible with the other versions of PasswordMaker for other devices and computers which you can find at http://www.passwordmaker.org/ for more information. Since I have inherited this project I have added many new and useful features such as strength meters, username form filling, removed all dangerous extension permissions, HiDPI display scaling, added PBKDF2 & AES encryption where needed, and many other visual, usability and performance enhancements. :) Please go into your settings in the original extension if you used an old version to Export any customized profile data. You can then Import into this new version of the extension to gain all the benefits and features I have added. If there are any suggestions, feedback or issues please report a new issue on Github at https://github.com/passwordmaker/chrome-passwordmaker/issues since I have disabled user feedback here on the Chrome Web Store.
- (2017-11-16) I've been a passwordmaker.org user for many many years and this program is closest in functionality to the original. It works very well, as well as offline, and now is identical on firefox. The big pro is the customized password templates are held locally and not in a central server. You can optionally sync them between desktop browsers on different PCs if you choose but not mandatory, which risks putting the customized password template on a supposed secure server.
- (2017-05-20) Paul H: Great, easy and simple to use.
- (2017-02-13) Daniel Del Pino: I need set a default profile. Please add the option.
- (2016-06-15) Sergey Pavlov: Прекрасное расширение. Никаких глупых привязок к сторонним сервисам, простота использования - что еще нужно? Просто работает!
- (2016-03-26) Tsuf Grossman: It just works!
- (2015-11-30) Bob Elsasser: This works better in some ways than the Firefox extension. Thanks, I've move to Chrome for good.
- (2015-11-08) János Kranczler: Not working. Doesn't pop up.
- (2015-06-20) Theodore Swoyer: Does exactly what I want. Easy to use.
- (2015-01-20) Daniel Del Pino: No puedo hacer que se generen contraseñas de menos de 8 caracteres, algunos sitios necesitan claves cortas. Por favor revisar.
- (2014-11-30) Jeffrey Kinum: I'd tip you dude. Check out changetip.
- (2014-10-07) Lei Lei: Installed this on my new computer and it does not support "use with sites" and "use with texts" functionality any more. Glad my other computers have the old version. Please bring the old version back.
- (2014-09-26) Beshoy Girgis: Love it!
- (2014-09-09) Absolutely must have!!!