An extension to weed out those nasty email lists!
unsub.ME is an extension created to unsubscribe from those pesky email lists! It is compatible only with Gmail / Google Inbox. Make sure you are signed into Chrome using the same Google account for the Gmail inbox you wish to filter. As the extension opens each link to unsubscribe, please ensure that you actually unsubscribed in full by manually checking each tab. While many links immediately unsubscribe you, some may have extra steps that unsub.ME does not currently account for. Lastly, it is not recommended to process more than 15 links at a time unless your device has substantial processing power. Special thanks to my brother, Andrew, for answering all my coding questions and his major contributions to this project. Soon-to-be Features: • Increase success rate of unsubscribing on new tab open • Increase scope of links that can be grabbed from the user's inbox • Select just 10 links when popup window is initialized
- (2022-01-30) Barbara Rhoton: Does not work at all, selected three mails, clicked on the U, nothing happens
- (2020-04-12) Olivier VIT: Doesn't do anything except displaying a banner
- (2018-03-31) Joey Spencer: It works, but now it is playing really loud music whenever I go on facebook, presumably running some kind of advert in the background. Removed from chrome.
- (2017-11-05) Micha: It does its job too well. I can't undo anything!
- (2017-06-19) Hayden McCall: Whenever I click the Unsub.ME button in my Chrome browser, it only identifies a few emails in my inbox from which it gives me the option to unsubscribe. It's frustrating.
- (2016-02-02) Scott Edlund: This is great. Thanks for making it.
- (2015-10-22) William Borum: Was exactly what I was looking for.
- (2020-10-16, v:1.2) Dávid Schäffer: How does it work?
I tick the e-mails in my inbox but it still detects 0.
- (2018-09-19, v:1.2) Carlos CG: Multiple Accounts
How do I change the GMail account? I´ve succesfuly unsuscribed from the desired lists from one account, but, when I run the extension on other account it still show the lists from the first account. At the first launch it asked me for the GMail account I wanted to use the extension with, but I can´t find where to change the email address.
- (2018-08-13, v:1.2) André Richardson: not really sure how to use it
do i open gmail and highlight the emails i want it to unsubscribe from? i press the button it greys out for a little while and then goes back to normal?
- (2017-06-19, v:1.2) Hayden McCall: Extension doesn't identify most emails
I have 30 emails in my my inbox I want to Unsub from, but when I click the button, it only identifies like, 4 of them. It's frustrating.
- (2016-12-21, v:1.2) Samuel Dillow: Source of subscription
Sometimes I'm not sure if I want to delete a subscription. For example, I have a GitHub subscription, and I don't know removing it will disable pull request notifications. Could we click on the subscription to get more information?
3.1 (10 votes)
Last update / version
2015-10-19 / 1.2