Chrome plugin for setting a homepage for the incognito mode
This lightweight Chrome extension allows you to specify a homepage for the incognito window, which is not possible with the Chrome browser by default. Features: - Set homepage for the incognito mode. - Option to redirect homepage for only the first incognito tab of the window. The source code for this project is available at: https://github.com/kidoge/incognito-homepage
- (2020-04-16) Daniel Vítek: Not working in Chrome 80.0
- (2019-12-18) Charles Rosaaen: Worked well before, but does not seem to work any more with the latest version of Chrome (79.x)
- (2019-12-04) Briana Baker: It's working fine, I'm wondering why you need the permission to read my browsing data? Looks like that's the only permission this extension has, but I'm wondering why. For example, I have the duckduckgo for chrome extension installed, and it has 0 permissions, and all it's allowed to do is "Read and change your data on sites. You can control which sites the extension can access." And then it specifies that I only allow it to access duckduckgo itself. Couldn't this extension be set up that same way?
- (2019-11-27) Egg: This is all I wanted. Works great
- (2019-10-10) Lic Israel Osorio: Very good, but I wanted to use " about:blank " or " chrome://newtab " the first one has no effect, the second one is marked as "invalid"
- (2019-10-04) Zyn Lrm: This is OK, but it has a major flaw: you cannot use ANY local URLs. For example, I wanted to have my default 'New Tab' page as my home page. The url for this is chrome://newtab/ but Incognito Homepage extension says that this url is invalid and therefore it refuses to to let me save it. There is no reason why urls starting with chrome: should be prevented. They're just local pages within your own browser.
- (2018-11-26) Isak Rousk: works just like it says it does. 5/5 love it
- (2018-08-24) Jean Lansford: Works well enough. The delay before loading was long enough that I thought it wasn't working at first. Low rating because I can't use local files at all; looks like I would have to sign up for a photo sharing site just to use this.
- (2018-01-05) Jan Moucha: It's pretty handy to what I needed to do, but 3 stars only because the URL regex is too restrictive and doesn't let you use local files—so I had to get another extension to view the code, make changes and load the unpacked extension in developer mode. Sadly my regexjutsu is not strong enough, so I just modified the default URL and it works like a charm.
- (2017-12-05) Vincent Che: Very useful extension!! Works great.
- (2017-05-29) James Walsh: Works as intended, however I experience a slight delay where I see the default incognito page before the page is re-routed to the desired homepage. Thanks for the extension!