Replace Obnoxious Ads with awesome human curated news!
Ad Replacer hunts down those misleading ’sponsored' boxes cluttering up your favorite websites, sending you where you DON'T want to go, and replaces them with the latest breaking news stories and headlines, hand-curated by real people! Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me 100,000 times, every time I’m trying to read freaking Mashable, shame on YOU! Ad Replacer goes right after all those sneaky headlines hiding in the corners and columns of your favorite blogs and news sources, taunting you with real-sounding medical, political and entertainment news only to drop you into a spammy clickbait nightmare. (Also the name of my favorite Rob Zombie film!) After you install it, you’ll never even accidentally scan those nefarious, questionable, even offensive links again! They’ll all be magically, seamlessly replaced with ACTUAL photos and headlines, pointing you exclusively to the trusted sources you want to read, browse and bookmark. Imagine it! Getting rid of content purposefully put there to trick you and steal your clicks, and replacing it with content you’ll actually want to read: Breaking news stories you’ll find out about before anyone else. Ad Replacer’s editorial team is online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, hunting down and curating only the most fascinating, up-to-date news and curating it to keep you super-informed. Unless, you know, you’d prefer to read about fraudulent herbal supplements and purely theoretical celebrity sex tapes. It’s your call. No, go ahead, think about it. We’ll wait...
- (2017-11-26) Thien Vuong: Still sees a lot of Taboola ads.
- (2016-03-26) Roland Rick Perry: Tired of seeing same replacement mastectomy article two days in a row. Also if I'm on a sports site, I want to see a beer ad ! Agree with Crates, "will be a lot better if the content offered is germane to the article one is reading."
- (2016-03-04) I found this after having a similar idea on my own. I`d like it to load pictures of outdoor nature or funny animal images. Love it!
- (2015-12-05) Kaoru Kohashigawa: Love that I am up to date with current news on whichever site I'm on! Works great along side ad blockers.
- (2015-11-21) Crates McD: Looking great so far! A little slow, but I'm far more willing to tolerate that than the lowest-common-denominator ads that read, "7 Ways to Learn This One Trick That Makes You Lose Weight And Get Bigger Overnight With This Hilarious Secret The Media Doesn't Want You To Know". Those ads make me want to shank a beach. One request: please add SegmentNext to the content curators this extension blocks. They're just another shameless muckraker running the same shtick as Taboola et. al.
- (2015-11-13) Adam Dill: hate spam, love ad replacer
- (2015-11-12) Austin Cassidy: An interesting idea, but I feel like it's making a number of websites I visited slower. Prefer just a straight ad-block. Inside's TLDR app/extension is a better way to find interesting news stories.
- (2015-11-11) Craig Todd: I've only been using this for a few hours, so it's a little too early to build a full opinion. But, so far - so good!
- (2015-11-11) Patrick Trotter: The single greatest extension every invented.
- (2015-11-11) Patrick Hodgdon: This is just one of those things that makes so much sense it's stupid. Love that I can now take my browser back from all those spammy ads! Also can't wait to see what the next iteration of this looks like with more personalized content served up.
- (2015-11-07) Ray Hernandez: I hated those click-bait ads so much. This extension replaces that with real news. Love it.
- (2020-12-03, v:184.108.40.206) Dekoopman Bv: ad replacer
is it possible to make an version where you can put your own google ad link in and look at your own links ?
- (2015-11-11, v:220.127.116.11) David Fortino: Content Consideration
Kudos on the move Jason and team! Curious, are you entertaining suggestions for other sources of high-value content? We'd be up for offering you vision into our content library with no obligations to promote. LMK Dave Fortino