This extension's functionality is same as that of an IFTTT DO button but in chrome, we are not affiliated with IFTTT.
This extension uses IFTTT Webhooks channel.It is an open source project which is distributed for educational purpose. How-To's: https://rj-vinodh.github.io/Hash-Button-for-IFTTT/. Disclaimer: The chrome extension is distributed for educational purpose only. License: MIT License Note: We are not affiliated with IFTTT
- (2019-10-06) Earn Rising: Only this for use with IFTTT easy make it easy for new tutorial
- (2017-07-16) Justin Aptaker: Note that this review will describe and promote what I think is the significance and potential of this extension. If you aren't already familiar with IFTTT and with Chrome extensions, the only good this review will do for you is to hopefully convince you to make yourself very familiar with both of those things, and then make yourself familiar with this extension itself. Trust me, you don't have to be a tech wizard to use these tools. I am not a tech wizard. So I'm not an expert, but I am addicted to Chrome extensions and to IFTTT, so I think I can say something here. This is the only extension of its kind, as far as I've seen, and its power must be almost unimaginable. This extension can already do so much, but it has the potential to do so much more. In fact, I think it is revolutionary. But again, what do I know? I suspect that the word “Life-hack” doesn't begin to describe the extension's potential. It is potentially a MEGA-Lifehack (maybe I'll trademark the word “MEGA-Lifehack”). I think its developers show humility and wisdom by not giving their own creation the praise it deserves. So I will praise it for them. The extension's true potential, I think, lies in its ability to be developed and added to by other developers, and in its potential to be synced with other APIs, apps, cloud services, extensions etc. Moreover, its potential lies in IFTTT taking it seriously enough to enable it to have full reign in their own developer/API system, and even working hard to develop new functionalities built around it. In fact, this extension is something IFTTT should already have developed themselves. Hopefully they will contract with its current developers to make this an official IFTTT product. I feel incredibly lucky to have stumbled into this extension, both for my own personal use, and also for the joy of having written the first review that does it justice (I think, but again, what do I know? I'm not a professional developer.) Plus there will be the joy of sharing this extension, and my review of it, on my blog and social media channels.
- (2017-06-04) Jean-Pierre White: This extension uses the IFTTT webhooks service. The instructions need to be followed carefully. I found using spaces in names caused confusion and the custom buttons would occasionally disappear. Replacing spaces with underscore resolved the naming confusion. I used this to control my home lighting via my web browser. Lutron do not provide a web interface to their Caseta smart switches and hubs. This extension allows me to trigger lighting scenes. We can control lighting via Amazon Echo but find ourselves competing with the TV sound, this silent automation is an awesome supplement to our smart home.
- (2021-08-17, v:1.9) Yuri Napoles: Buttons arrangement
Hello Is there any way to arrange the buttons order up and down? Thank in advance.
- (2020-02-05, v:1.9) Murat Can Oguz: Clipboard to Value1
Hey hey, first of all great extension here. Just curious if I can grab my clipboard data automatically to any of three values. Kinda newbie so couldn't find my way out :) Thanx in advance.
- (2018-06-03, v:1.9) WeMo setup
Want to alow ComEd to control WeMo.Have WiFi and Wemos but no cell phone. Since ConEd will control directly through wifi I shoud not need one BUT HOW?