Allows to restart the browser with a button.
Description: "Restart Browser" allows you to reset the browser status to where you prefer with just one button. This new version has new features and multiple improvements, which make "Restart Browser" a magnificent and unique extension in its sector. But not only that, it is a great session manager and also allows you to free up memory and CPU making your navigation much more fluid. Options: -5 browser restart methods. - Possibility of leaving the tabs "sleeping" until you activate them. - Notice on manual restart. - Import / export / reset the options. - Record up to 10 sessions with all your windows and tabs. - Open a session when starting the browser. Restart methods: Method 1: Recording manually. In this method the session is recorded with all its windows and tabs when it is given to the record button. You can record up to 10 sessions, if you have several recorded you must select the one you want to use. You can change the name to help you identify them better. Method 2: Recording in memory when the button is used. In this method "Restart Browser" does not record anything on disk, it only saves in memory, at the moment of giving the button it records the state, closes all the tabs and windows and reopens them. Method 3: Automatically recording the current session. In this method, the session is recorded automatically each time you open or close a tab, at the moment you click on the button, the same session you were in is recovered. Method 4: Open a web page. At the time of restart, close everything and open the web page of your choice. Method 5 (PREMIUM): Using an auxiliary application. This is the only method that reboots the browser completely, closing it and reopening it. For this you have to install the 'Time Restart' application for Windows that you can buy on the website and it has to be open. The extension closes the browser and notifies the application to reopen it. You can use method 1 with this method, also recording up to 10 sessions. News and problems corrected: In this version 2.0, stability problems have been corrected and usability and aesthetics have been improved. Added ability to record sessions and leave the tabs inactive, as well as to be able to export sessions and options. Disclaimer of use of permits: (This extension requires the following permissions to function correctly). The permission of "tabs" is necessary to save and restore the url, title and other properties of a tab. The "storage" permission is required to store and load the session data. The "notifications" permission is necessary in order to display warning messages and information. The "web browsing" permission is necessary in method 3 to be able to record the session automatically. The "communication with applications" permission is required in method 5 to be able to communicate with "Time Restart Windows". Last changes and fixed - 2.6 Fixed a problem entering URL in method 4 Notice: Some browser protected pages (For example: about: config, about: addons, about: debugging, etc) as well as the options page will not be recorded or recovered. Languages: Currently it is available in 11 languages: Arabic, Asturian, German, English, Spanish, French, Galician, Italian, Portuguese, Russian and Chinese. Translation partners Thanks to: Gallego: Mare Rodriguez Asturian: Alba Estrada If you want to collaborate to translate "Restart Browser" to another language, send us an email to [email protected] You can report errors on the website or suggestions. You can collaborate by making a donation or buying the auxiliary application, available on the website, this application allows you to restart the browser completely. You also have another extension that restarts the browser in automatic mode, this extension is called "Time Restart" and you can see it here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/time-restart-reloaded/anlebgknmofbanplmaphgacnjddijdjj Learn more on Time Restart website. https://www.timerestart.ga/
- (2019-08-31) Allan Laal: lost most tabs by using this. replaced with empty tabs use chrome://restart instead!
- (2019-04-12) m.carmen suarez nieto: Va perfecto!
- (2019-03-10) Eduardo Fimmano: Su funcioanalidad es "excelente". Reinicia con rapidez las pestañas que estaban abiertas antes de cerrar el navegador. Muchas Gracias
- (2019-02-15) Reth Tard: Not a real restart, it's just closing / reopening the window. So it's not clearing the computer's memory, which is the reason why I need restart the browser... I am going back to the bookmark trick: "chrome://restart"
- (2018-11-22) Ren Cee: Was hoping for a simple browser restart to refresh open tabs & memory etc. Tried both methods 1 and 2, & even this developers other restart timer but both appear unstable, everytime refresh, sometimes it works , but many times keep losing important Tabs that were open. Be sure to back up and check if all your tabs reload correctly. Uninstalled, just did not work, cost wasted time to reloading all my tabs.
- (2018-11-10) Konrád Lőrinczi: Does not really restart browser and clean up memory. The external Windows software, which does really restart Chrome and clean up from ram, costs $3.
- (2018-05-20) Wow... Worked right out the GATE!!! simple but awesome! I really appreciate you taking the time to create this extension. I see Google buying this extension to include within Chrome in future updates... They shouldn't sit on this one too long... This would be an awesome feature to have within the Chrome Browser. Oh, I'm on a Windows PC using Windows 10 64 Bit Platform... :) Have a wonderful day.
- (2018-05-20) Ross S: Perfect, thanks
- (2018-05-03) gloria gonzalez del campo: Very useful and works well. I tried the free methods and I loved them but I decided to buy the auxiliary application and now I have an authentic reboot. I love it thanks.
- (2018-04-26, v:1.0) Matthias Gerhard: Selected method not saved
I chose Method 2 and saved it. Works so far. The next time I open the browser, Method 1 is selected, which does not restart the browser properly. Tested on Vivaldi 1.15