Displays a tooltip over a known Lego set number on any webpage! BrickTip! is created by M. Nijdam.
When discussing LEGO(r) on the internet often set numbers are mentioned without explaining which set it actually is. This extension scans any webpage for LEGO(r) set numbers and displays a tooltip with information, number of pieces, year of release, image (when available) of that set. All found sets are displayed in a nice popup. Set data is obtained from BrickSet. Since version 1.0.0 it's possible to quickly search a set (via the BrickSet api) and also you can configure the extension to load always on every page. This extension is a must have for any AFOL out there! Thank you for using this extension! M. Nijdam
- (2018-03-06) Julian: Das Addon ist echt cool! Ich hoffe auf die funktion fürs Ausblenden von Setnummern.. In dem Legoforum wo ich aktiv bin, habe ich einen Nickname der zufälligerweise eine Setnummer enthält.. Wäre also schon sehr vorteilhaft, wenn ich diese Setnummer deaktivieren könnte.
- (2015-09-17) Alen Praček: Great extension!
- (2015-08-05) Loris Laera: wow trops cool
- (2015-02-04) Fluffy Panther: Awesome! Now I can preview sets by number and go directly to the brickset description. It is useful on sales, when shops show “available only for <setnumbers>” without any links or in forum posts, where some people forgot to link set numbers. Thank you!
- (2015-01-29) Rony L: .l;lkn;
- (2016-09-22, v:0.0.16) Dennis Joris: Doesn't work anymore for me
When I enable the extension, I still get the bold lego set numbers, but when I hover over one, I get a small pop-up window which says: "Empty setObject provided". Could this be settings-related, or related to adblockers/ghostery? I tried turning them all off, but the same behavior remains.
- (2015-05-20, v:0.0.16) Gábor Barta: Set image in the popup
If the thumbnail in the popup would be a link pointing to the full sized image, then the "Imagus" chrome extension could pick it up, and display it without the need of opening the brickset page.
- (2015-02-04, v:0.0.16) Fluffy Panther: Auto-scan
Hello! Can you make some settings tab and add an option of “auto-scan for sets on page load”? Thanks!