Brings Wikipedia anywhere on the web. Highlight text to see its Wikipedia summary.
Qikipedia is an open source browser extension for Chrome. It allows you to highlight text from any website, and shows you a summary of the corresponding Wikipedia article, if one exists. Features: - Get instant Wikipedia summaries from any website - Highlight up to 7 words - Dark theme available - Multiple languages supported View the source code here: https://gitlab.com/bitspice/qikipedia Note: if a word or phrase is highlighted and a Qikipedia card does not appear, there is no corresponding Wikipedia article for the highlighted text (in the selected language). Qikipedia is not affiliated with Wikipedia or the Wikimedia Foundation.
- (2019-12-27) Oleksander Dudar: It just doesn’t work at all.
- (2019-11-01) Yumaa Verdin: Excellent extension, aside one really irritating behavior — can you filter out one-letter length selections? It is really bugs and annoys me, when I accidentally selects single letter, because of mouse shakes while click button or link, and I see popup from Wikipedia about «Z - latest letter in the alphabet blablabla»...
- (2019-04-07) András Balkányi: I only miss the resize option for the popup bubble.
- (2019-01-30) Alexaid Civarey: Just Fvking AWESOME dude. Been searching for this kind extension loooooooooong time, this is the very first one can "explain or search that highlighted word for me, NOT in new tab/new window, just a pop up" You know what, if this little cute can do things more than "showing the result of wikiSearch", I mean something like "show the google/bing search result of the highlight word" or support multi language search (means I dont need to switch to the specific language, it can search both Eng and Chs,), I'll pay 10 bucks for that.
- (2018-12-13) Pouryaov: Its best ever app i have used in chrome. thanks
- (2018-06-18) Vadim Semjonov: dont work
- (2018-06-13) Zhilong Hong: 1. Sometimes it just doesn't work for some words like tiger and cat. 2. The Chinese language contains Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese. These is only Chinese in the option, which in fact is the latter one. 3. Sometimes when I select some words, the card display the disambiguation page, and I cannot choose one of the meanings.
- (2018-08-23, v:0.1.1) hao wang: warning
This extension failed to modify the response header "Content-Security-Policy" of a network request because the modification conflicted with another extension (Tampermonkey).
- (2018-06-06, v:0.1.1) Michael Hawkins: malicious
this is a malicious extension that invades your friends list thru a vidio download that resends itself to everyone in your friends list to spread...