Bookmark all opened tabs in a folder with current date.
Bookmark by date will bookmark all your opened tabs in a folder with current date as name and in subfolders for each opened window. I use it to clear my cluttered Chrome windows. Just install and press the nice icon whenever you want to save all your opened tabs, then, close every tab and start fresh. Happy browsing! :) Donate Bitcoin: 341HJspsNhG2HHAmey3DwfQPqjy4BjysN1 1.2: Added notifications
- (2018-12-17) E s: I searched through and tried out a million extensions and THIS is the one! 1. It instantly and reliably bookmarks EVERY tab you have open in EVERY window, 2. into separate folders for each window (VERY handy!), 3. all within in a single new folder named with the current date (in a format which sorts correctly into chronological date order if you order all your folders alphabetically) 4. It executes upon clicking the extension icon in the chrome toolbar (no faffing about with menus and shortcuts and pop up choices) - but of course you can set a keyboard shortcut for it in chrome://extensions/shortcuts 5. And it briefly shows up an unobtrusive message so you are secure in the knowledge it has worked, saying exactly what has been saved and where: "Saved Window 1 (141 tabs) in 20181218 Saved Window 2 (86 tabs) in 20181218" 6. The message disappears if you click elsewhere so you can completely ignore it if you like. NO MORE being scared to open your browser because you know you have 300 tabs open last time you closed it - you can just bookmark them all, open a new window, and QUIT EVERY OTHER WINDOW! It is an amazing feeling! Great at the end of the day, or when you need to refocus because you've been distracted all day and haven't got any work done! NO MORE bookmarking one window at a time & getting distracted by what you have open NO MORE stressing out on what to call your bookmarks when you have a bunch of different things going at once. NO MORE worrying that if your browser or computer crashes that all your research notes or present ideas etc etc will have to be gathered again. NO MORE being delayed "because I just have to close some tabs..." Just click the icon, and everything is safe and sound! I know this reads like an advertisement but it's only because I seriously searched high and low for this, I knew exactly what I wanted, and I have been asked quite a few times by workmates etc about what I use, so I email them an overview of the features of the extension that meet exactly the needs they told me so they can get the most out of it, so I have this evangelistic pitch quite well rehearsed, lol!
- (2016-09-13) P: It's very useful to save work for later. It would be great to have an option/setting to only save tabs on current window, and not all tabs from all windows. Thanks!
- (2014-03-02) Plastic Tank: good fast way to bookmark all sites.. my only complain is.. could you maybe please add a popup notice to give us reassurance that it bookmarked all bookmarks? thanks and keep up the good work :)
- (2019-08-07, v:1.2) Joel Borres: How to sort existing bookmarks by date added?
Please provide a video on how to use this extension
- (2018-08-17, v:1.2) It doesn't respond
What activates your extension? I tried to change my bookmark sequencing by clicking your icon, but nothing happened at all. My bookmarks are still arranged by name. Thanks. --jjb
- (2018-08-17, v:1.2) sort by date
How does it work?