Transform selected text using one of several built-in filters.
The commands listed below are added to the right-click context menu of selected text. You can enable or disable each command in the options menu as well as set a custom text selection color. • Lowercase • Uppercase • Uppercase Words • Length • Shuffle • Reverse • Search and Replace • Word Count • Word Wrap • Base64 Encode • Base64 Decode • URL Encode • Strip Tags • Remove Whitespace • Format XML • Format JSON • Format CSS • Format SQL • MD5 • SHA-1 • SHA-224 • SHA-256 • SHA-384 • SHA-512 • ROT13 • Pig Latin You can fork this extension at github: https://github.com/TravisPaul/crx-excellent-selection
- (2017-11-04) Gersivan Oliveira: Não vi utilidade de uso pra mim.
- (2016-07-28) Alexandre S: Muito boa!
- (2015-10-28) N. V.: Good. More better than any other similar add-on. Difference is that it copy/paste to clipborad to paste out new format case. To remove windows popout must to change options before.
- (2014-05-27) Irina Ivanova: Great tool! Especially good thing that it can format invalid XML.
- (2013-11-26) Robert Shaw: You can have the text go onto the clipboard; set that under "Options" on the Extensions Settings page. Also, there's an option for putting text into a new tab. If you want it in a pop-up, though, that's now broken on newer Chrome versions. Apparently it's using a now-removed method named 'createHTMLNotification'.
- (2013-04-10) Mike Chapman: LOVED that is was on a pull-down Menu, but HATED that the replacement ends up in a pop-up window instead of just replacing the dang text (for Upper/Lowercase) Also, Titlecase (First Letter Caps) should be added.
- (2013-11-26, v:1.4.0) Robert Shaw: selection color not working
Chrome Version 32.0.1700.19 beta-m Aura Found this extension when I wanted to change Chrome's selection highlight coloring back to something good. The setting in Options works fine in the preview pane, but has no effect on real web pages. Seems broken.
- (2013-11-26, v:1.4.0) Robert Shaw: pop-up option broken?
pop-up seems broken on Chrome Version 32.0.1700.19 beta-m Aura. Apparently it's using a now-removed method named 'createHTMLNotification'.
- (2013-04-21, v:1.3.0) Can you add rot13 to your encode/decode list?
I'd like it if you could add rot13 to your encode/decode list. I visit sites that use rot13 to hide spoilers for movies and books, and it would be great to be able to rot13 in place.
- (2013-03-01, v:1.2) Coal Pie: Possible filters
Adding filters such as Sentence case (only the first letter is capital), Every Word Capitalized will be very helpful for use :)