Allow requests to only those websites which you deem trustworthy.
Website Whitelist intends to facilitate effortless blocking of requests to untrusted websites. Each requested website's domain is evaluated for presence on the whitelist, and unless found, the HTTP request is blocked before it even begins. This means that the website will have no record of you ever having attempted to connect. With growing amounts of phishing attempts and malware spreading, solely permitting access to user-approved domains presents a strong defense against hackers' ability to redirect users to malintended websites. Website Whitelist aims to implement this system to prevent any such attacks. Plus, as expected, external tracking and advertising websites are blocked by default. This means that the extension goes beyond the abilities of normal privacy maintaining applications, because it blocks new sites as well. ------------------------------------- Changelog: 6.3.0 - Added Setting "Skip Click to Load" - Added Setting "Autoselect First Domain" - Bug Fixes 6.2.3 - Bug Fixes - Minor Improvements 6.2.2 - Bug Fixes - Minor Improvements 6.2.1 - Bug Fixes - Minor Improvements ...
- (2021-03-02) Света Честных: Очень рекомендую, это расширение даёт ту редкую возможность заблокировать вообще все сайты чтобы разрешить только определённые и при этом не нужна регистрация и пароли, но из этого вытекает и нюанс что любой более менее смышлёный человек легко всё назад включит, так что это не для блокировки всяких взрослых сайтов от детей, разве что если ребёнок не страдает проблемами с развитием, тогда вполне может и сгодиться.
- (2020-12-26) Maria Stayer: With this extension, I can browse the Internet in moderation (since it can block websites). Also, I only allow a small number of essential helper subdomains to display websites correctly while getting rid of a ton of trackers and "subdomains which are not so important" to safeguard my privacy and make Internet browsing a lot faster.
- (2018-04-08) ВАСЯ пупкин: Самый удобный среди конкурентов.
- (2017-08-17) Franz J. Schafer: Very nice little extension, that lets bypass sites or a whole domain on the fly to custom tailor your own personal Whitelist. And it utilizes Chrome Sync.
- (2015-12-03) heart inmotion: Excellent extension, released in time for Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Complete block of domain names (potential trackers) until domain name is added to your whitelist. Lets you to modify, "tweek" your whistlist at anytime.
- (2021-05-03, v:6.2.3) Maria Stayer: "Load Selected" without requiring many clicks
I am thankful the extension "Website Whitelist" blocks a lot of trackers. However, having to click 3 times to visit each webpage is starting to become tedious. Reducing the number of clicks from 3 down to 1 click per webpage is amazing to have. On the other hand, the behavior of the button "Whitelist Selected" should be left unchanged.
- (2018-12-29, v:6.2.3) J Way: Whitelist
Am I missing a setting or something? I don't understand how this application is supposed to function if the option to add a domain to the whitelist comes up anytime someone attempts to navigate to a site not already on the whitelist. Thank you for your attention.
- (2018-11-01, v:6.2.3) Eva Ng: Prevent from adding site
Hello, Is there a way to prevent this from showing the option to add the website that is not on the list originally. I am trying to use this for my child to do her homework online and she only needs a few sites. However, she gets distracted often and would go off to play games. I want to only allow some sites and this seems to work except that when going to sites that is not on the list, she can add it to the list herself since that pops up automatically. Having a password added would be much more helpful. thanks
- (2018-05-06, v:6.2.2) Giandaniel G: Invited user
Hi, I would like to know how to prevent the user (cashier) to use the invited user for browsing other pages and put the system at risk. thanks!
- (2018-02-23, v:6.1.1) Justin Dunn: Password Protected
I don't know if you are still working on this or not but It has a lot of potential for education environments. Would love to be able to password protect the extension settings / whitelist. And also select the option to just display a plain blocked page with no option to allow the site.
- (2017-09-07, v:5.1.1) Franz J. Schafer: Chrome Sync is not WOrking
Could you fix the problem with Chrome Sync not syncing the Whitelist?