txtReplace allows you to take advantage of your browsing experience by giving you a more active role in the content that you see.
txtReplace allows you to take advantage of your browsing experience by giving you a more active role in the content that you see. txtReplace searches your browser window for words in your deck and replaces them with other words. This all happens in the background; so whenever you come across a word that is in your deck, txtReplace will automatically replace it. Think of these decks as a bunch of flashcards where one side is the word you want to find and the other side is the replacement. The simple concept of this extension allows for it to be applied to a wide variety of scenarios: • PASSIVE LEARNING: Replace certain words with its foreign language counterpart to aid in improving your vocabulary in that language. • ENHANCED BROWSING: Display its capital city whenever a country's name is displayed to get an enhanced browsing experience. • FILTERING CONTENT: Sanitize explicit content to get a more kid-friendly browsing experience. • Anything else you can think of!
- (2022-09-27) aleKs o_0: make it work for YouTube and Netflix captions please
- (2022-08-26) David Morales: Tiene muy buen concepto, pero esta mal implementado, super incomodo agregar palabras clave, luego al agregarlas hay fallos, debes de guardar despúes de CAAAAAAADA CAMBIO HECHO Es un dolor de cabeza, pero útil He sufrido usandolo, pero me ha servido.
- (2019-05-27) Robin Karinen: Importing sample file, or doing any actions where the extension settings is opened to a new tab is currently impossible!
- (2018-06-21) JokerFan1940: this is the only text replacing app I have found that replaces the text on every website and does not create issues with typing or selecting text. even if I discover issues with specific websites in the future, it has the option to blacklist sites so I wouldn't have to manually disable the extension every time I have to use google sites, like other extensions made me do. even then, I've so far found that feature unnecessary because I'm not encountering any issues. this is making my life so much easier.
- (2014-05-25) Alejandro Retamal: I love this app. It would really cool to see more configurations like prefer to replace 2 words than 1. For example if i replace "one", i cant replace "one tree". And replace parts of the text like "movement" to "mvnt" and "movements" to "mvnts" without add this second replace.
- (2014-02-27) I'm currently studying Japanese, and I use txtReplace to replace common phrases and the kanji I've learned, so that I can reinforce my studying while browsing the web. It works flawlessly!
- (2013-08-15) Glen Chiacchieri: It has a lot of features, but the first thing I did was test it using google and it broke the page by inserting some HTML into the search box which changed my search immediately :/
- (2017-12-24, v:1.0.1) Adam McNulty: Timeout?
Words are replaced for 10 seconds and then revert.
- (2017-08-25, v:1.0.1) Lee Wilbur: Misses Hyperlinks
When a word is a hyperlink, it's missed and not replaced. At least as far as I can tell.
- (2017-08-25, v:1.0.1) Lee Wilbur: Database Location
Seems ok - but I setup on one computer and I'd like to copy the database of words/word replacements to another machine or just plain back it up. How can I do that?
- (2016-01-04, v:1.0.1) Al Pal: Doesnt work
i put all the text i wanted to replace, enabled it, but nothing gets replaced.